2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How important are t-tops on a 5th gen to you?
I would spend $1,000 - $1,300 on a t-top/targa top option, if available
68.85%
I would not waste the money...give me a hardtop
22.95%
If no t-top/targa top option, I may not buy a 5th...I may buy a Mustang with t-tops
8.20%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

T-top/Targa Top Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:35 PM

Re: T-top/Targa Top Poll

I already have a t-top camaro.. NExt time aroud, I'm leaning towards a hardtop...

However, if i was a one piece Targa top.. maybe I would reconsider.

But t-tops with two piece and a middle bar? nah.

Now what would be really killer, and definantly put GM on top, if they could offer an affordable hardtop convert.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:32 PM

I disagree with those who say that a lack of the t-top option will hurt the car. It certainly has not hurt Mustang sales and they haven't been available on them since 1993. I am sorry but I think it is a HUGE mistake to put a b-pillar on THIS design. The car looks great as is and is set apart and given some unique identity without them.
I have had 2 second gens and a third gen with a t-top and while those were fun cars, a t-top compromises structual integrity significantly, tends to leak at times, and contributes to a whole lot more squeeks and rattles.
A t-top was great but it's time has passed. If you want one, buy a nice used 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gen. And if you want more open air on a 5th gen, get a convertible. The lack of a B-pillar is a BIG part of this design guys, and no t-top or targa will make the coupes a WHOLE lot more solid and able to handle A LOT more horsepower which will increase the fun factor a lot more than a lift off roof IMHO.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:35 PM

There is more to Camaros then jus T-tops. Plus I don't want to part with the money
Old 02-16-2006, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by willz
I disagree with those who say that a lack of the t-top option will hurt the car. It certainly has not hurt Mustang sales and they haven't been available on them since 1993.
Make that early 88 when Mustang stopped offering t-tops. Either way I agree that lack of the option will hurt sales. Sure it'd be nice but Camaro will sell just the same without t-tops. I would pay the $1000 or so for the option personally but I wont cry myself to sleep at night over it. As long as I can at least get a sun/moonroof I'm cool. Then I'll need HUD and steering wheel controls for the radio too.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:55 AM

I guess Ill take them if no B Pillar blacked out or otherwise. I certainly dont want to pay for them. Youd really increase your blind spot to get a B pillar and a C Pillar. You go from a better view than 4th gen to a much worse one. Also you would not be able to roll the windows down.

The poll is skewed because Targa is one option TTops are another, and what are the people who are getting the Convertables with rear 1/4 roll downs voting anyway?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:08 AM

I voted yes…..

But only if the GM engineers could some how add a targa without destroying the look of the current concept then I say go for it.

That said I think it would be very hard to actually do that……

Give it a sun roof? I dunno….that might not do it for people…..

I’m buying the convertible so this doesn’t affect me too much…..
Old 02-16-2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
The poll is skewed because Targa is one option TTops are another, and what are the people who are getting the Convertables with rear 1/4 roll downs voting anyway?
The poll really isn't skewed at all in that respect. A t-top and a targa are basically the same damn thing! I don't think anyone will say "well, I want a t-top and not a targa." But they WILL say "no removable roof for the coupe? WTF?"

Think about how few convertibles were actually sold, and why. Most people don't want to spend the extra $4,000 for a convertible...but $1k for a removable roof? Its a no-brainer...pure and simple.

willz,
If you had ever owned a FOURTH gen t-top car, you'd see how few compromises there are in that design. Most people's don't leak. Mine is 8 years old, and has not one rattle. Most do not rattle. I also had 2 third gen t-tops...it is a night and day difference. Now, picture an ALL NEW CAR, and the kind of advancement they could make over a 4th gen, which was a warmed over 1982 chassis...
Old 02-16-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jason E
The poll really isn't skewed at all in that respect. A t-top and a targa are basically the same damn thing! I don't think anyone will say "well, I want a t-top and not a targa." But they WILL say "no removable roof for the coupe? WTF?"

Think about how few convertibles were actually sold, and why. Most people don't want to spend the extra $4,000 for a convertible...but $1k for a removable roof? Its a no-brainer...pure and simple.
If I were to want a convertable the closet thing you got in your poll is the T-Tops. Ive seen quite a few convertables. I work with a guy who has an 02 green identical to my 98 but convertable where as mine is T-Top. If it could be done with OUT the B Pillar I wouldnt mind. If not that is one hellacious blind spot.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 02-16-2006 at 12:42 PM.