2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Some thoughts on the pictures........

Old 12-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Re: Some thoughts on the pictures........

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
How many times have you met someone......and your first impression was "Well, if he/she wasn't

>all sweaty/dressed poorly/bad-hair-day/20 pounds overweight/bad mood/ --insert anything bad here -- <

...........he/she would be a knockout...........

See what I mean? First impressions are oh-so important. We did not get the chance to control a first impression. The pictures you saw are obviously not of a finished product.
If it looks as good as the pic I saw on a bad-hair-day, I can't wait to see it after it's been to the salon!

I have to say that I'm EVEN MORE excited to be going to NAIAS!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
The big question: WHAT CHASSIS IS THAT?
i havent heard anyone deny that it is a sigma light chassis...

the zeta isnt done
Old 12-07-2005, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by NewbieWar

the zeta isnt done

I think it's the "CZ6" chassis designation that is throwing a lot of people off... never been mentioned before.....
Old 12-07-2005, 02:40 PM

First off, I was very nervous with all the hints of retro but overall I love what I see. Front end, hood, wheels(AWESOME), side I really like. A lot of heritage but it isn't over done. I am honestly in love with what I saw, I really am. The interior looks like a combination of a few ideas, so I'm not really going to say much. The backend is a great start, I'd like to see a different style of tail light.
AND a huge thumbs up to IRS and true duals.

Remaining questions that will determine if I buy one: Curb weight, loaded/base price and engine options.

Now, about the leak. I feel this problem started a long time ago. There are several people on here that have connections. I love hearing stuff ahead of time BUT I feel the people leaking info to these individuals are also a huge problem. Why? we saw a drawing a long time ago that looks a lot like what was posted. Wonder how that happen? Also, many details that seem to be real were also leaked.

So make sure the people that have been leaking small bits of info are fired along with the person that sent out the photos.

I can't wait to see next month, and for the love of god get to the showrooms before that damn dodge.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Prominent Member

A couple more thoughts on the Exterior….

• Rear quarter window sweeps up more than the fender line….needs to be the same angle.

• Cowl hood could be a little more pronounced…..but not a lot.

Interior thoughts…..

• Dash seems to be too plain for me too…..I’m a gage junkie and I like them up in the dash where I can see them (appear to have 1st gen console gages…those sucked then too…can’t see them!)

• Obviously a sketch, but the two pods are too big and cartoonish for my tastes.

• Make sure the center console is “elbow leaning friendly” cupped top looks to have sharp edges around the perimeter.

• Not too sure I am about the four place seating…but not a big issue to me.(Charlie might say different)
Old 12-07-2005, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
The big question: WHAT CHASSIS IS THAT?
EDIT: edited for content. It's not zegma.

Last edited by turbo200; 12-08-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:52 PM
slt

http://www.swaqvalley.com/Blueprints...Camaro_Z28.jpg

OMG its the new camaro!

I'm not a big fan of retro
Old 12-07-2005, 02:55 PM

Overall, I love the car.

The grill seems a bit weird, and at times I wish it had a bit more 69 in the front end, but it looks great as it is. I love the side and rear profile. The only deciding factor is price now.

Oh yeah, What's a Camaro without T-tops?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:56 PM

I saw the pics.............. even though I came late to the party (today). I have them saved. LOL

I'm hot and cold about them. First off, anyone who thinks this car is more or less "retro" than the Mustang is only fooling themselves. The only true RETRO design out there is the Challenger concept.

Second, remember that concepts notoriously have a stance, and wheel size that will never make it into production. Same with the interior. The idea of it may make it in, but it will definitally be toned down/practicalized for public consumption.

That said, I like the stance. I like the "coke bottle" shape to the side panels, although I feel they are probably way exaggerated for the concept (the sills would be way too wide, otherwise). I like the more upright greenhouse in the passenger side rendering, as I feel it would be more practical and consumer friendly. The exaggerated "coke bottle" does give the impression of a very confined rear seat............. thus, those complaining about the Mustangs rear seat need not apply. The rear gives that way too tall and blunt feel of the C6. Something a little less drastic, or smoothed out............. or even some kind of wing would help. Something to offset the "my car has been rearended by a a semi" look.

I like the passenger side front better also. It does not have that "eating the driveway" look of the drivers side. The pointy middle could do with a little modifying........... it is way 4th gen, and gives the impression of way too much front overhang.

All in all, a good effort. It is following the Mustang formula pretty well. It has strong Gen 1 cues, with minor Gen 4 ones............. and a little smathering of Gen 2 in the greenhouse.

Hopefully they don't water it down too much for production. I realize that practical changes have to be made (windtunnel/safety/regulation wise). However, the flavor can remain the same. The sad part, to me at least, is that the production version won't be out until MY2009. I guess that gives GM plenty of time to second guess themselves.............. which is what scares me the most.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:57 PM

Naturally, I managed to miss everything that went on in the last day or so (not sure how long this event lasted/is lasting). I always miss the most inportant events....

In fact, I only found out last week that they closed the Quebec plant down and that they discontinued the 'current' F body.

Seriously though, I did miss everything but am kind of glad so I can get that 'first impression' on my terms, so to speak.

Cheers,

Jeff
Old 12-07-2005, 02:58 PM

By the way.......where in Sam Hill is Z284EVER???? or Guy?

One last thing...the car is not retro.......it really isn't at all in person.
I'm right here, and I'm assuming it's ok to talk about the pics.

Here's my take. And I want to be very careful and measured with what I say, since what we saw was an unfinished clay and seeing the finished one in the flesh, might give a different impression.

There are some things I like and some I'm not too crazy about.

I can imagine the front fascia (once fully developed) as looking great. It's got that HEY GET OUTTA MY WAY CAUSE I'M REALLY PISSED OFF look. I like that. I like the way it picks up on the 3rd gen fender flares. I like the crease that runs down the side, starting from the nose and ending into the fender vent. The rear fender crest has a muscular/powerful shoulder -yet neatly creased, sorta like a C5/C6. All good.

The bad. The mirrors are little weird looking in a George Jetson sort of way. That character line that runs along the bottom and ends into the rear fender might be alittle busy for me. I'm not sure how I feel about the rear fender vent. I hope that it's at least fuctional ...like on the Z06. As much as I like the front, I really don't care much for the rear fascia - not very elegant, alittle forced and bulky. And the greenhouse looks abit chunky and squashed - maybe not as elegant as I had hoped. Maybe to pass rollover standards...I don't know? I always liked the greenhouse on the HotWheels Muscletone though.

I liked the interior pic with the seats, (I like the rear buckets Doug...is that what you were referring to in your post?). But I hope the IP is nothing like the other pic. A poor copy of a '69 IP. In fact to me it looks like a reverse engineered '69 IP.....done in 1957. Didn't like that at all.

Anyway those are merely initial impressions. I think the clay makes a powerful statement, even if there are some details/features I'd prefer tweaked. Actually I'm glad I had a preview. I have alot to process, and compare to the finished concept next month.

Looking forward to it!

Last edited by Z284ever; 12-07-2005 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:06 PM

I always had a little hope the designers at GM could pull something off that could satisfy most of the anti-retro crowd while satisfying their need to jump on the retro bandwagon, and I believe they have done it.

The taillights could use some work, make them squares or make them circles, I don't really care, just make them something other than what I saw. I think the taillamps could look good as a completely modern piece. The exhaust tips need to be completely round. (I'm not one for mixing shapes )

I definitely like the passenger side more, overall. I believe 4th gen style side mirrors would definitely work well instead of the extreme concept stuff. It definitely looks like they were trying to decide whether to go more modern or more retro on the nose, and I obviously like the former. Flat is no cool. I believe adding a little more obvious 2nd and4th gen flavor would be nice. 4th would be cured with the side mirrors and pointy-er nose, I dunno about 2nd, that's a little tough, lol...I see alot of third gen in the concept, so no complaining, there...

I liked the interior color-wise. I'd really like more of a Stylized modern GTO style in the interior, stitching, exterior-coordinated, etc...Maybe a little more "far-out" like the dash/doorpanels in the concept drawing.

The gauges...Well, a nice, solid, modern piece would be nice.

Overall, I'm happy. And I'm a picky customer.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:07 PM

Dang. This is the first I've heard about it. I haven't bothered looking for the pics, though. I can wait.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:14 PM

Thank you, Stars1010............no, you cannot have the keys to it, but I look forward to seeing you in Dallas and getting your thoughts when you see it in person.
I wasn't expecting the concept to make it here -- Big D tends to be no mans land when the show season rolls around. Hopefully I'll see you there....I'll be the drooling guy juggling a ferrocious 2 year old.

Constructive criticism eh...?

Lessee......

..........Uhh...............

Oh, I've got one: put the gauges under a common hood.

One styling feature I was very happy to see ommitted from the concept were fenders that flow into the side mirrors....... Good riddance!

Umm......

Make mine some sort of sunset orange derivative

Last edited by WJH'sFormula; 12-07-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by NewbieWar

the zeta isnt done
Yeah,
I dare anyone to go look under the rear of a CTS-v and try and tell me the Camaro wont be on Sigma-lite

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some thoughts on the pictures........