2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One GOOD reason to live in Oshawa

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Very cool!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:26 PM

People seem really really concerned about the weight (I am too)but then I think about a car like the CTS-V or Nissan GTR and realize that a heavy car can be fast and handle very well.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
I agree. I'd say about 90% of people don't have a clue what the side mirrors are for.
Well, now that we've determined that I just don't know how to use my mirrors properly .........

..... I'm just informing people that the shoulder check (which is done to "cover your butt" in case you don't have your mirrors set properly) is a non-rewarding waste of time, since you I can't see a damn thing when you I do it!

FWIW, I'm about ~5'10".

Originally Posted by vonmoldy
People seem really really concerned about the weight (I am too)but then I think about a car like the CTS-V or Nissan GTR and realize that a heavy car can be fast and handle very well.
Yes .
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM

i don't see them being useful anyway...with 426hp its more likely you'll be too far ahead anyways...
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
i don't see them being useful anyway...with 426hp its more likely you'll be too far ahead anyways...
Actually, since we're slowly moving back to our roots of being British and driving on the left, passing on the right, I think that the driver's side mirror will become more and more important to us over time .

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, try driving on the 401 (or just about ANY highway in/around Toronto) sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about .
Old 02-26-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Actually, since we're slowly moving back to our roots of being British and driving on the left, passing on the right, I think that the driver's side mirror will become more and more important to us over time .

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, try driving on the 401 (or just about ANY highway in/around Toronto) sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about .
i pass a lot on the left.........
Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 PM

good review+

OUTSTANDING review and great pics! AWESOME stuff you lucky guy! Sadly my Camry finally died after 12 years, and since the Camaro is not available YET - I had to make a decision and ended up with the Dodge Challenger (see my profile avatar pic). I wanted the Camaro was my 1st choice but timing is everything.

Last edited by antman67; 02-26-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 PM

Can someone down south get the car where the roads are dry! lol
Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
i pass a lot on the left.........
I do that sometimes too . The past few years, it just seems to be getting worse and worse ... more and more people DRIVING in the left (and of course middle) and leaving a virtually EMPTY right lane!? (probably my #1 pet peeve)

Originally Posted by antman67
OUTSTANDING review and great pics! AWESOME stuff you lucky guy! Sadly my Camry finally died after 12 years, and since the Camaro is not available YET - I had to make a decision and ended up with the Dodge Challenger (see my profile avatar pic). I wanted the Camaro was my 1st choice but timing is everything.
We'll forgive you ..... traitor!!!!

Yes, I do feel VERY fortunate to A) "know a guy" and B) be trusted enough by "that guy" to hand me the keys and say "here ya go". For ANYBODY who's been given that opportunity, it's quite an honor, truly.

A couple fun moments on my drive:

- 2 VERY enthusiastic "thumbs-up" from other drivers .

- 1 VERY obvious "holy F***!!!! " from a young guy headed the opposite direction at a stop sign! That was neat to see first hand .
Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I don't understand this line of thinking. It's heavier, so it takes more power to go a particular speed. That's physics.

The power is there, in droves. Don't want to leave it stock? The mod potential of the LS3 is even better than that of the LS1.

By all accounts, the car rides and handles far better than a 4th gen.

So what the heck are you "concerned" about?
No you got it. It's all physics and that is the concern.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
No you got it. It's all physics and that is the concern.
You said you were concerned that it takes more horsepower to accelerate the new Camaro.

The new Camaro is heavier, so obviously it needs more horsepower to go fast. That's physics. This hasn't changed, ever.

Why are you concerned about it?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Disciple

I do that sometimes too . The past few years, it just seems to be getting worse and worse ... more and more people DRIVING in the left (and of course middle) and leaving a virtually EMPTY right lane!? (probably my #1 pet peeve)
It's not limited to the 401. We encounter that wherever we travel. The best drivers I've ever experienced were on the east side of California .... on back roads they watched their mirrors and always pulled into the indents to let us pass.

We need to start a campaign to replace all the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs with "Keep Right Except To Pass" signs.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by poSSum
We need to start a campaign to replace all the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs with "Keep Right Except To Pass" signs.
And enforce it .
Old 02-27-2009, 11:39 AM

And enforce it .
cops are to busy catching speeders. or at timmys.......
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by camaroguy579
Can someone down south get the car where the roads are dry! lol
I'm about an hour south of Houston....not a whole heck of a lot of rain recently....lots of flat roads.

OK...who's going to give me the keys?

Quick Reply: One GOOD reason to live in Oshawa