2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NY Auto Show (pics to come)...and thanks to Scott

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:58 PM

NY Auto Show (pics to come)...and thanks to Scott

I went to the NYIAS on Saturday with my girlfriend and a couple friends. I was ecstatic to see the Camaro with my own two eyes for the first time. As we entered the show, we stopped at Ford's exhibit first. One of my friends is a huge Mustang fan, so we rarely see eye-to-eye, but we put aside our differences for the day. I took some pics of the GT500 and Ford GT in the Gulf colors. Ford did a good job of subtlety with the GT500 - it looks different from the regular 'stangs, but not different enough that you'd instantly know what it was. The Gulf GT was a nice touch of nostalgia.

After Ford, I made a beeline for Chevy. Dragging my girlfriend along, I spotted the Camaro. Talk about love at first sight (besides my girlfriend, of course)! The car is simply beautiful. I will concur with just about everyone who's seen it - pictures do not do it justice. Low slung, mean looking, and muscular...the car just screams aggressiveness. The interior is not all that bad in real life, but we all know that it won't make it to production.

After I had finished drooling over the Camaro (and taking some pictures), I asked the demo woman if Scott was around. She said "Uhhhh..........Why?" Totally confused her. She was probably surprised I even knew who he was. She was very helpful, though. She told me she'd look for him on her lunch break, and I should be back at the display at 12:45. the time being 12:15 at that point, I wandered downstairs to check out Subaru and VW (the Mustang fan is buying a VW GTI for a daily driver). The new WRX is hideous, and that goes for the rally car as well. VW needs to work on the interior cloth offered on the GTI - it's plaid. I'm sure they sell leather packages like crazy.

12:45 rolled around, so my girlfriend and I rushed back to the Camaro display. A different demo woman was now there, ready to give a presentation, so I couldn't ask her anything. I hung back on the fringe of the crowd around the car (it was about 5 people deep at all times), waiting for the presentation to be over. I noticed a tall guy with glasses standing a few feet away, wearing a Chevy "American Revolution" shirt. I pointed him out to my girlfriend - I was pretty sure it was Scott, but not sure enough. After a few minutes of debating, I walked up and said "Excuse me, Mr. Settlemire?" Sure enough, it was Scott! He was very friendly and accomodating, even bringing us upstairs behind the display to talk in private. A friend of his also came along. We talked about the Camaro and some of Scott's experiences with the non-car people at GM. I got to ask a few questions too. I'm not at liberty to discuss what was said (I was threatened with black SUV's parked outside my house), but suffice to say that everyone, even the naysayers, will be surprised and excited when the 5th gen comes out. I just want to say thank you to Scott - meeting you and getting to talk with you was the highlight of the day. Thanks again for taking the time to talk with me. I'll be one of the first in line for a 5th gen
Old 04-18-2006, 10:35 PM

Re: NY Auto Show (pics to come)...and thanks to Scott

I was there for the GM meeting last thursday, no one was at the show, I could almost touch the Camaro,I was SO in love!

No rep's were there at the time to talk, but I'm going back again tomorrow so maybe I'll run into someone this time!

I took tons of pictures of it, it's every bit as georgious as I had imagined! That is a car I WILL order!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:54 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Scott is the best, isnt he! We spent some time with him Thursday at the show.

I guess you'd recognize where this pic was taken then. fyi... NASCAR driver Brian Vickers signing some posters for Scott.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:30 AM

If thats scott then I was standing right next to him last thursday I'm horrible with faces!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:57 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by Chrisz24
If thats scott then I was standing right next to him last thursday I'm horrible with faces!
Yup, thats him. He is usually sans glasses. He had a blood vessel pop in his eye Weds, so he had to pull his contacts out.

We came in around noon, just as the local dealers thing was breaking up.

Pretty cool seeing all those black Tahoes/Suburbans/Escalades out front.

Last edited by ChrisL; 04-19-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:13 PM

yeah, that looks familiar