2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

My take on the next Camaro...Concept Rendering

Old 11-22-2005, 09:26 AM

Re: My take on the next Camaro...Concept Rendering

Not too retro as some I've seen. If that's what the final car looks like, I'm buying.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:28 AM

I don't know, they're just so similar....

The things I do like about them....I like the A pilars way better on #2, and the mirrors are much better integrated as well. I like the design of #2's front end, but it's too small and pinched, it should be of similar size to #1's grille/headlights. #1 needs to lose the hoodscoop. I'd love to see #2 w/ some real wheels and tires. You never know how these concepts w/ these cartoon wheels will translate when you put real sized wheels, door handles, ground clearance, ect on them. I like the look, would just like to see more of a real world car look to it to see if it keeps its pressence.

Now this is the first halfway original looking one I've seen in a long time

Last edited by CLEAN; 11-22-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:32 AM

I think what I like best is it's angry face.

It sort of looks like a squinty eyed Clint Eastwood, pointing a .44 Magnum....."Do you feel lucky punk?"
Old 11-22-2005, 09:36 AM

That's easily the best I've seen. Excellent work! It was definitely worth the two months you poured into it.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I don't know, they're just all so similar....
Of course they're similar. They're both based on evok's original suggestions if you look close enough. (Kris Horton's is actually a 3D version of evok's concept.)

I think John's would look less retro If you separated the lights from the grill opening and sealed them. Not that I'm suggesting it be done mind you. I'd also like to see John's version minus the stripes. (Not that I'd ever consider ordering one without.) I'm also wondering what a convertible might look like.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:28 AM

I really appreciate the input guys. I always try to keep a balance of fantasy and realism. I also always try to keep "buildable" in my mind when looking at the design and the way surfaces of the body are shaped.

I know the wheels and a the body proportions are just a little bit on the extreme side but remember it's a concept and meant to get the emotion of the car accross. If I had to take it to the next steps of being produced I think sectioning the body sides a little shorter and bringing the wheel size down slightly would probably just about get the proportions pretty close. It's really not that far off.

Yeah, I like the grill too!

John
Old 11-22-2005, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Of course they're similar. They're both based on evok's original suggestions if you look close enough. (Kris Horton's is actually a 3D version of evok's concept.)
What I meant was, 1 is shot down as a flat out no, the other gets "suprised", and "as close as a freelancer has gotten", and a "looks good" and all from people who know what the real mccoy looks like. Dayum, other than the variation of the front end, they look like the exact same car to me!

Also, how many times have we heard it won't be retro? How many times have we heard it will have queues from ALL the generations? This one, as nice as it is, is pure retro, I see no 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or forward thinking design. Just a very well executed '69 retro design. It almost looks like a '69 Camaro thats been OVERHAULED!

Last edited by CLEAN; 11-22-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyGMachine1

I know the wheels and a the body proportions are just a little bit on the extreme side but remember it's a concept and meant to get the emotion of the car accross.

John
Yeah, you can always tell when its a concept car when the rear tires are wider than the windows are tall .

Looks good.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 AM

I love the sides, but am still trying to come to grips with the "melted first gen nose" theory I can deal with heritage sides, but I don't want another blunt nosed retro-mobile. Every time I see a Mustang, I love the sides and the rear, and HATE the nose.

We'll see, I guess...
Old 11-22-2005, 10:59 AM

I wish I could say just what it is about this design that hits me right between the eyes. I have seen most of the other renderings on the net and yes they all share a similar retro...i mean "heritage" look. But somehow the proportions on this one just seem to fit better. I would love to see this one fleshed out with more realism.

Also, does anyone know anything about "Trapin" from lateral g net- and his cryptic quote? What sort of credentials does he (or she) have besides residing in Michigan. Anyone? Anyone?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:28 AM

I like it! Heritage, not full-blown retro, sleeker and more in-your-face than Mustang. The front end could use a bit more work however.

I believe this is the very first Camaro concept by someone that Red Planet gave his seal of approval on.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Prominent Member

I "believe" Tony works inside GM's design studios....
Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 AM

Very, very, very nice. If the Camaro concept we see in January looks like that - and GM ends up making something very similar in the production version - it is something I'll seriously consider (assuming its not 2 tons).

Interesting comment by Scott too, I might add.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
This one, as nice as it is, is pure retro, I see no 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or forward thinking design. Just a very well executed '69 retro design
First, I appologize, I'm more 4th gen oriented and REALLY do not know a lot about 1st through 3rd aside from seeing them at car shows and such like that.

With that said --
Maybe it's just me, but I see cues from different generations in the frontend. The bottom grill reminds me of the 3rd gen Camaro with the lip bodykit. The main grill reminds me of the 1st gen, but it also reminds me of the foglight section of the 4th gen. Slap a bowtie in the middle, make the headlights square, and you have a 93-96 foglight section that's been stretched out across the entire front. The turn signals remind me of 4th generation too. Just my two cents, could be just me but does anyone else see what I see?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:27 PM

John, this thread explains where all the new traffic to Lateral-g is coming from.

As for the concept, retro is in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My take on the next Camaro...Concept Rendering