2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally...GM Releases Official Camaro SS Image

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
It looks to me like its the same as the V6. The more I look the more I like the production. is this helpful?

This picture is really growing on me. I'm liking the new nose better and better the more I see it. It could use a different grille but I'm warming up to it.

As for the production vs. the concept besides the larger wheels and tires and lower roofline they are very much alike and that's a good thing.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
that second one from the top looks badass.
That's the Concept.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:29 PM

GM has added more photos to this link:

http://media.gm.com/us/chevrolet/en/...chevrolet.html

8 pics in all now.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Admin Emeritus

If anyone is having a hard time viewing them, we have them here:

https://www.camaroz28.com/gallery/
Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 AM

Read through some of the comments here. A few thoughts:

1. If you haven't been in a Chevrolet showroom since 1992, then perhaps you shouldn't be here.

2. I like the production version of the Camaro waaaaaay better than the concept. The concept's mirrors are useless and look like they were stuck on with model glue, the headlights look better on the production version, and the body on the production version looks more detailed and actually more agressive.

3. Those of you insecure enough to actually need something that screams your superiority and manhood over lesser creatures just because you bought a V8, then there's going to be optional stripes and factory accessories available.

Those of us who remember the fun of 5.0 Mustang LXs (over the gaudy GTs), enjoy the annominity of base B4C Camaros (whose badgeless bodies look like base V6 Camaros save the rectangular pipes poking out the back), and enjoy subtle cues of the SS let alone secure enough in our own manhood that we don't need visuals to scream "look at me cause I bought a V8!!!" probably like the way the SS looks over the V6.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:44 AM

Scott,

One question... is it possible to know the name of the photographer? The lighting used on the photo is amazing. I love how it shows every single curve and detail on the car. If you can't say it in the board do you mind PM it to me? I gotta learn from the best.

The car is looking mighty good.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:53 AM

I also like the production version better than the concept. The only gripes I have, is that huge bowtie on the grille, and the mail slot that sucks on all counts. Is it too much to ask to put the SS there instead, circa '69? I would think that would go a long way towards satisfying those that want a more readily identifiable model. Well, everything is fixable, so long as there isn't a correspondingly large by huge black inset molded into the grille for the bowtie...which I assume there is.

Add the SS to the center, delete the controversial mailslot....WIN/WIN.

Last edited by 2lane69; 09-11-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:18 PM

To each their own. Im very pleased!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:10 PM

Without a doubt the car looks amazing! Honestly guys, I think it may be the best concept to production transition I have seen. Even better than the Challenger because the production car looks even meaner than the concept.

I am going to do everything I can not to buy one of these because the wife says no more new cars for a while and we really need a truck if I do get another vehicle, but DAMN, why did GM have to make it soooo hard on me!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by jcamere94z28
Scott,

One question... is it possible to know the name of the photographer? The lighting used on the photo is amazing. I love how it shows every single curve and detail on the car. If you can't say it in the board do you mind PM it to me? I gotta learn from the best.

The car is looking mighty good.
you should be asking for the PhotoShop touchup artist.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Those of us who remember the fun of 5.0 Mustang LXs (over the gaudy GTs), enjoy the annominity of base B4C Camaros (whose badgeless bodies look like base V6 Camaros save the rectangular pipes poking out the back), and enjoy subtle cues of the SS let alone secure enough in our own manhood that we don't need visuals to scream "look at me cause I bought a V8!!!" probably like the way the SS looks over the V6.
There was no annomity of the 5.0 LX cars unless you debadged them from the chrome 5.0 badges. I liked those cars. I always assumed they were 5.0's and would look for the badging and listen for the growl. If those werent there it wasnt a real Mustang or worth having to me. I really like the SS, particualarly how the Black one turned out. If it was indistinguishable from the V6, I would have been disapointed. I think theyve nailed it.... Well save for the Mules double horrizontal bars in the grille that I REALLY wish the SS would get.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 09-12-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I dont think the silver color looks good on this car or the concept. I think the RS lights would look soo much better on the SS just judging by the V6 pics. I like the SS alot. I think it would look much better in black with the RS headlights and in Impereal Blue or Black. Id have to see them in person. Ive always liked blue on cool cars.

EDITED because I just couldnt help throwing the concept in for comparison with that angle...

Wow, the comparison pics in grey show just how similar the production version is to the concept, to me at least.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:27 AM
West South Central Moderator

yep, the production models are very close to the concept. I think it is funny though how the V6's lower front grille was truer to the concept than the SS. Sure, the SS got the mailslot scoop, but the spoiler and smoother sides of the V6 fascia are almost right off the concept.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
100% disagree. If the "average Joe" wants flashy badges and stripes, then either the "average Joe" is going to accessorize his Camaro, or he isn't going to buy one.

I like the minute, yet subtle differences. Ever hear of the term "sleeper"?
Kind of like my 04 Cavalier, I mean GTO? 4 years later I'm still not overly impressed with it's looks. It was a bang for the buck car at $7500 off sticker- that's all. I expected more with the Camaro. Not that I don't like what they've done; just saw, touched, (almost tasted) one in Buffalo. What an automobile. Period. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't like a little more differentiation between the V6 and V8 though...

Last edited by trm0002; 09-15-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 PM

If we keep complaining we'll probably make GM do something about it. They're just TOO similar and people shouldn't have to hit them with a bunch of dealer accessories to pretty them up.

There is NO reason for the V6 to have the cowl hood and the SS should have a bigger/better spoiler. Matter of fact, the V6 should have a flat hood and no spoiler or the small lip, SS should have a 4th Gen SS styled hood with maybe some new type of spoiler and optional 1st Gen SS stripes, the Z28 should have the cowl hood, bigger full length lip spoiler like 1st-3rd Gens, and optional Z28 stripes. They should all have different rims, grills, and taillights, etc. None of them should have the mailslot LOL.

Last edited by IZ28; 09-16-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally...GM Releases Official Camaro SS Image