2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Finally...GM Releases Official Camaro SS Image

Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Z28x
Too plain?!?!??? WTF are you guys smoking, it looks just like the concept. Cobalt SS is plain, Camaro SS is not.

We haven't even seen the base V6 Camaro yet, only the RS package which is available on both the V6 and V8.

Sounds like you care more about show than go. Wait for the SEMA Camaros.
Yeah you really know me! I guess I shouldn't have bought my 02 stripper 1SC Z28 since I care about flash.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by STOCK1SC
GM is making a big mistake by not differentiating the 6 and the 8. Now most of us being Camaro enthusiasts aren't all into the flash but the avg Joe out there wan't people to know he has something special and little dinky badges aren't gonna make it. GM needs to make the SS more pronounced so you don't drive up behind the guy and wonder if it's a V6 or V8. The SS should be in the center of the grill and larger, plus more different body panels or something.
Mustang guys have that problem, except it's the opposite. The Stang V6 and Stang GT both look like a cheap, POS 6 cylinder. However both the V6 and V8 Camaro look like a quality V8 muscle/sports car.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Z28x
Too plain?!?!???
We haven't even seen the base V6 Camaro yet, only the RS package which is available on both the V6 and V8.

Wait for the SEMA Camaros.
There's probably a reason we haven't seen the base yet. I'd really be surprised if it isn't extremely plain in comparison.

Same thing as to SEMA...I expect to see quite a few options announced in addition to what GM has already stated will be available. I know they've said there will be ground effects, spoilers, and grill inserts available immediately from GM. We shouldn't have to wait much longer.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by STOCK1SC
GM is making a big mistake by not differentiating the 6 and the 8. Now most of us being Camaro enthusiasts aren't all into the flash but the avg Joe out there wan't people to know he has something special and little dinky badges aren't gonna make it. GM needs to make the SS more pronounced so you don't drive up behind the guy and wonder if it's a V6 or V8. The SS should be in the center of the grill and larger, plus more different body panels or something.
I disagree. I think to REAL Camaro guys, they will know on sight the difference between the V6 and the SS. I do. The front facia is different, and the exhaust tips are bigger, not to mention the Brembo brakes. Now it would have been nice to save the cowl hood for the SS and give the V6 a lest aggressive hood, but that's all that I would change.
Look at the Charger. The ONLY difference is dual exhaust and a couple of Hemi badges and an R/T badge on the front and back to tell you if it is a V6 or a V8. Same withthe Mustang. the GT looks JUST like the V6 to the casual observer.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
I disagree. I think to REAL Camaro guys, they will know on sight the difference between the V6 and the SS. I do.
Agreed, I will as well. The ones that don't are the same ones that can't tell the difference between a Mustang and a Camaro from several blocks away.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Black5thgen
I can honestly say that this picture looks awesome. I had my doubts but they are all but washed away. I didn't think it was possible but from this angle I actually think the productions car looks better than the concept. Did they make the lower grill a little smaller or is that the angle? I have to agree that the car would look much better in black with RS trim.
It looks to me like its the same as the V6. The more I look the more I like the production. is this helpful?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
It looks to me like its the same as the V6. The more I look the more I like the production. is this helpful?

wow, the concept is noticeably much sharper looking!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
wow, the concept is noticeably much sharper looking!

Yup....i really loved those knives for mirrors!
The production car just doesn't have that killer edge to it.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by QATransAm
Yup....i really loved those knives for mirrors!
You wouldn't like the mirrors when driving, they were quite useless.

The production car just doesn't have that killer edge to it.
Some parts I like more myself, actually. I am still very happy that they came pretty close to the concept with the production version. Closer than most concept to production cars are.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD

Some parts I like more myself, actually. I am still very happy that they came pretty close to the concept with the production version. Closer than most concept to production cars are.
I'm with you Jason. I actually like the production version better. Mainly because I can HAVE ONE.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JasonD
The concept mirrors looked cool, but tiny mirrors suck from a functional standpoint. My GN has bigger mirrors than the Camaro concept, but they're still not big enough. From an aesthetic (and to some extent, aerodynamic) standpoint, I would rather not have them at all....
Old 09-04-2008, 05:14 PM

I mentioned the mirrors specifically yes, but i mean the car as a whole, it lost its C6ish sharpness....the production version is honestly a bit Stangy!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:44 PM

I don't honestly know how people can look at the Concept and V6 car and say that the car lost alot. They are almost the same car with slight differences, just look at the two 3/4 views with the red RS.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 PM

I like it, especially without the "ringworm" headlights. I used to not particularly care for silver cars, but in my old age, silver is classy.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro

that second one from the top looks badass.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally...GM Releases Official Camaro SS Image