2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

anyone get Hot Rod with Bunblebee on the cover?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:10 PM

Re: anyone get Hot Rod with Bunblebee on the cover?

Okay I love the new Camaro & all but couldn't it have been a different Transformer? Why Bumblebee? He was always the small, baby Transformer. I am aware that Volkswagon will not let them use the Beetle's model because of their hippie image & all (being involved in "toy wars" as they put it) but him being a big, bad Camaro doesn't make sense at all. Make it a new Transformer all together.

Anyways, cover car's basically a GTO with a custom body. More to it than just that but my issue's tucked under my bed & I'm too lazy to dig it out.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Misundaztood
Okay I love the new Camaro & all but couldn't it have been a different Transformer? Why Bumblebee? He was always the small, baby Transformer. I am aware that Volkswagon will not let them use the Beetle's model because of their hippie image & all (being involved in "toy wars" as they put it) but him being a big, bad Camaro doesn't make sense at all. Make it a new Transformer all together.

Anyways, cover car's basically a GTO with a custom body. More to it than just that but my issue's tucked under my bed & I'm too lazy to dig it out.
Basically ( and would like to have some credibility on this since there are the ones that are in the know) GM had rights to the autobots in the movie and GM had Bay pick out what he wanted. They let him into GM's skunkworks and he could of used any GM concept or prototype in the movie. He saw the Camaro and said that is Bumblebee. and GM happily agreed without a second thought.
and like you said make it a new TF all together..actually it is..dont think of this as any terms of what was the cartoons or the comic. Its not. This is a TF with farmiliar names and somewhat faces but for the most part its adpated to make the story work. and I remember reading where in a world of fighting robots any team they send is not going to have a small weak robot. especially when you see the size of the Decepticons..
and a few things SPOILERS if you dont want to know dont read:

If you mad about bumblebee dont even look to find out what Megatron or Starscream look like.
Jazz is a Pontiac Solstice.
in alot of the shots there are alot of yellow and red GTO's so who knows about them???
Iron Hide is a big black GMC 3500 pickup..
Ratchet is a H2 medical truck
and Prime is Prime.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:41 AM

I don't like the way they made the headlights on the movie car, I liked the original Camaros better. I love Hot Rods take on how an RS version would look, and would probably get one, depending on what other options it could be combined with Z/28, SS etc... A Z/28 R/S probably would be for me, also depending on engines, which are yet to be determined, we shall see what's offered up!