Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Novice here need guidance: had things given to me,need opinions on spk and amps

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 12:48 PM

Question Novice here need guidance: had things given to me,need opinions on spk and amps

OKay for starters this is a late fall early winter project hers is what I got...
I have a 94 Z has the stock a/c delco TAPE player and 4 speaker unit still in place..thats the start..
now what I got for free are some amps..these too old school or will they work or am I wasting my time?
one is a Pioneer amp model AD-312 small little black box with an on off switch?? wtf? and he had it in for his front speakers.
second is: a Kenwood model KAC-624
those are the amps?? any comments?

now the speakers..I have a pair of the monsoon rear hatch speakers with the hatch plastic body cover peices. what to do with those? they worth using in that space?
and also have comming to me 2 10" polk subs..I kinda figure that these got to be placed in the trunk , so the "?" is will the Kenwood amp handle the subs? and or the monsoon speakers?
I am also getting a new CD player for the car just shopping around, and also some new speakers for the front 4.
So with what I got is it just junk, meaning the amps or they usable? Im not looking for anything but an upgrade! Not to go to competitions..

------------------
thanks
David Morgan
the "Over Drive Gang"
94 Z28 A4, K/N FIPK!,AIT Relocator,TB bypass,99 SS MAF Airfoil,HPP+, Shiftkit,Cutout, Flowmaster 80 series American Thunder Exhaust with 3" Chrome tips GMS Strut Tower Brace, GMS Sub Frame Connectors AND 93-96 GM Export Tail Lights! GTS Headlight Covers and Tail covers.

http://overdrive-gang.tripod.com

Check it out !! you might know some of the cars, or my friends.and a few of their rides frequent the pages of muscle car mags

Congrats Tony L. of the "ODG" Owner of The BBC 6SP 81 Malibu

Making Hot Rod Mags top 10 cars of 2001!!
Old 09-07-2002, 10:09 PM

HAHAHA First off, the TAPE player has GOT to go! ) For CD players, take your pick. Look for one that has 2 or 3 sets of RCA pre-outs. These will go to your amps. Just buy a name brand and one that fits your price range. I have NO idea what is up with the Pioneer amp... that's very strange. I need a little more info on the Kenwood amp. They only have the newest ones on the homepage. How many channels is it? Know anything else about it?