2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Sad Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Yep. Although this is no vette,by the end of June these cars are going to start sitting on lots. Those dealers in highly stimulated markets will continue to gouge. But not for long. High production/inventory and more information for buyers will drive prices to MSRP. I don't agree these cars will be readily available anytime soon below MSRP.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by my95m6
I just wanted to update my situation regarding the past few days. As of 9:30 pm,everything went

Thanks to all who got involved on my behalf the forum members have been AWESOME, and there are people who I don't even know going to bat for me.
The situation has been resolved completely to my satisfaction and I will go on from here. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! Thank you ED and MIKE!!

I followed the full story at camaro5, and now I have a bad taste and this is why...

Now the situation is ok, but you can not say anything, not a simple word of how they fixed this mess, to the people who took action to help you (calls, emails, etc.)

if they give you something to keep you low and quiet while they continue with their greed, you should say NO and tell others not to buy from them..
Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by 85LT1Z28MEX
I followed the full story at camaro5, and now I have a bad taste and this is why...

Now the situation is ok, but you can not say anything, not a simple word of how they fixed this mess, to the people who took action to help you (calls, emails, etc.)

if they give you something to keep you low and quiet while they continue with their greed, you should say NO and tell others not to buy from them..
Hi 85LT1Z28MEX,
Sorry, I have been runnig around these past few days, and didn't get over here to check this thread. First, you are 100% correct that I owe the many good people who helped me out my sincere thanks. I also apologize if I had not explained clearly enough what is going on in the (really long thread on the other forum).
Well, after I had the first car sold out from under me. I located another dealer to try to order another car. I found one that was willing to place me on their list and would place my order when they received more allotments. When I arrived home later that evening, I was contacted by Putnam Chevrolet. they wanted to try to resolve my issues and seemed to make the effort to make thing right. I believe that the people in charge saw that through the communication and effort of the forum members, this situation was not good for anyone. Included with trying to resolve my problem, the dealership also wanted to make it clear to all their customers that the sale of all orders placed would be honored at their original agreement...ie no market adjustments. So I don't quite understand the continued greed comment.
I weighed the offer that was made to me and deceided that it was worth the risk to give them another shot. Part of the deal was what I can say at this time. I know that many want all the details right now ( I know I would), but then I would be breaking my word, and the offer I have now would disappear. So, for better or worse, this is what I have to deal with. I hope you understand. This is what I thought was best for me to get my car, and hopefully also everyone who ordered from them will have a great experience. But, at then end, everyone has to make up their own minds about doing business with this dealer after I relayed the events as they transpired. I made my choice and I hope it all works out.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM

I have to be honest with you, my first impression was that they gave you something like half the price or any really good deal to keep you quiet while they continued their bad habits..

I needed to ask first, Now I`m shure you will never let them do that for any deal..

good for you, great you will get your car and best yet, they stoped the dealer markup..
Old 05-27-2009, 05:25 PM

Rent A Camaro

Boy was I surprised when I went on Avis and saw a advertisment to rent a new Camaro at some locations. I cant even get a test drive in one at a dealer. Dealer cant get any but Avis can what is up? I guess I can find one to rent and go drive the heck out of it.