2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scott Settlemire: "It's a BOY!!!" - My 2010 Camaro has Been Built...and SHIPPED!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Cool Scott Settlemire: "It's a BOY!!!" - My 2010 Camaro has Been Built...and SHIPPED!

From a blog entry that I posted last week at PhantomSS.Com -

The other day, I received an e-mail from my good friend, Scott Settlemire. The e-mail subject was “It’s a BOY!!!”. I opened the e-mail to read my complete 2010 Camaro SS/RS build information, and it showed that it was built on May 12, 2009!

Read on...
Scott Settlemire: “It’s a BOY!!!” - My 2010 Camaro Has Been Built!

And today...I got an e-mail from Tom Henry...

It has been shipped!!

Any day now...any day...
Old 05-26-2009, 01:41 PM

Congrats. I can't wait to see pics.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:47 PM

Are you going to start modding it right away or will you drive it around for a while?
Old 05-26-2009, 03:02 PM

Congrats Jason!!! I can't wait to see pics either! Bet you're not going to get much sleep these next few nights.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by John_H
Are you going to start modding it right away or will you drive it around for a while?
Drive it? Jason doesn't drive his Camaro!

(His '02 had about 5,000 miles on it when he sold it after four years of ownership.)

He'll be driving it home (Tom Henry Chevrolet is in Pennsylvania), but after that I think it's going under the knife pretty much immediately.

If I have this wrong, I'm sure Jason will be happy to clarify (or post something secretive about how I'm wrong and he can't reveal the real truth just yet).
Old 05-26-2009, 03:13 PM

Congrats!! I wish I had someone aside from me monitoring my order # NHPG8V. My dealer certainly isn't

Hopefully you get it soon and start to enjoy it!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Admin Emeritus

Cool

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Drive it? Jason doesn't drive his Camaro!

(His '02 had about 5,000 miles on it when he sold it after four years of ownership.)
Bzzt! Wrong! I had more like 5,700 miles on it when I sold it. So there.

If anyone never saw my previous Camaro, it appears almost exactly as it did when I sold it here:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._ss/index.html

He'll be driving it home (Tom Henry Chevrolet is in Pennsylvania), but after that I think it's going under the knife pretty much immediately.
Yep! It will be a cool drive home! After that...well...

If I have this wrong, I'm sure Jason will be happy to clarify (or post something secretive about how I'm wrong and he can't reveal the real truth just yet).
I cannot reveal the truth just yet. Like any project, it shapes itself as it progresses. I have a loose plan, but it is still being formed. All updates will be posted first on my project blog at http://www.phantomss.com so everyone needs to subscribe to it for updates!!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:40 PM

Congratulations Jason!

Don't chew up any axles or fry any battery cables!

btw Jason, Can you ask Scott S. when I'm gonna be able to order a Black 2SS Camaro with a red leather interior and red hood stripes?

I find it amazing that this exterior/interior color combination was not considered for production.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:06 PM

It must be really nice to have contacts that can get you all the information you want without having to beg for it. My car was built March 18th and I have yet to learn anything besides a VIN #. Dealer doesn't know **** and won't bother themselves to try and find out anything about what, when, where or how the car is gonna get to the dealer, much less delivered to me.

It's ok though, when I cancel my order in 35 days if it's not here by the end of June, I'm sure there are many others waiting for a chance to pick one up without waiting.

Congrats Jason.......I'm sure you'll enjoy it like all the others that are getting delivered. Good luck with the crappy axles too. Sounds like that will be the next recall.

THUMBS UP GM!!!! Glad that CTF exercise was so productive.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS
It must be really nice to have contacts that can get you all the information you want without having to beg for it. My car was built March 18th and I have yet to learn anything besides a VIN #. Dealer doesn't know **** and won't bother themselves to try and find out anything about what, when, where or how the car is gonna get to the dealer, much less delivered to me.

It's ok though, when I cancel my order in 35 days if it's not here by the end of June, I'm sure there are many others waiting for a chance to pick one up without waiting.

Congrats Jason.......I'm sure you'll enjoy it like all the others that are getting delivered. Good luck with the crappy axles too. Sounds like that will be the next recall.

THUMBS UP GM!!!! Glad that CTF exercise was so productive.
A bit bitter, maybe?
Old 05-27-2009, 12:50 AM

This is the reason I won't let myself think about a new Camaro yet..I can't stand the idea of waiting for it. I want to walk in and buy one. Congrats on the car Jason, I am sure you will love it.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:55 AM

and the race is on, as to who gets his car 1st..... jason or Chris?

Congrats both of you. I WANT A RIDE!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by super83Z
A bit bitter, maybe?
OH, HELL YEAH!

Car built 72 days, sat in QC for 31 and supposedly has been shipped for the last 13 days to somewhere. You can't get a friggin car from MI to NC in 2 weeks? Nobody knows where it is now.....and they really act like they don't care.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

Update...plans are being formulated for me to take delivery soon!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by JasonD
Update...plans are being formulated for me to take delivery soon!
Congrats! ETA for VIN 295 is next week for us.

Quick Reply: Scott Settlemire: "It's a BOY!!!" - My 2010 Camaro has Been Built...and SHIPPED!