2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Another Sad Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:32 AM

Angry Another Sad Story

Hi all,
I have had a 2010 1SS on order since Oct. 18th and my car finally arrived. I had agreed upon MSRP and placed a deposit down. Imagine my surprise when the Dealership wanted a Market Adjustment of $3000. This is one of the larger dealerships in the SF Bay Area.

If you want to see the story here is a link to the thread. Mostly as a warning to pick out your dealerships very carefully!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23797
Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 AM

**** that...
Old 05-22-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by my95m6
Hi all,
I have had a 2010 1SS on order since Oct. 18th and my car finally arrived. I had agreed upon MSRP and placed a deposit down. Imagine my surprise when the Dealership wanted a Market Adjustment of $3000. This is one of the larger dealerships in the SF Bay Area.

If you want to see the story here is a link to the thread. Mostly as a warning to pick out your dealerships very carefully!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23797
Did you have it in writing?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:43 AM

that sucks. i hope you didnt know the people too well. if so that would end a relationship. im pretty close with my dealership. if they did that to me, they would lose alot of businessi give them and the friendship.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by monstertodd
Did you have it in writing?

Yes, Signed by the salesman, dated with the receipt for the $1000
Old 05-22-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
that sucks. i hope you didnt know the people too well. if so that would end a relationship. im pretty close with my dealership. if they did that to me, they would lose alot of businessi give them and the friendship.
No just the family members of a good friend. Like the saying goes...you can pick your friends, but you are stuck with family. Not my friends problem, jus mine
Old 05-23-2009, 02:25 AM

So is the reason that you didnt know what the price was going to be when you ordered? Cause i got a formal order sheet that states Sell price, how much I deposited. Signed by myself and my Sales Rep. It states its a binding contract upon the signatures. And then it states that if I dont take delivery of the vehicle when it shows up (unless its not what i ordered) that I forfeit my deposit.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:08 AM

What type of lube did they use...
Old 05-23-2009, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by my95m6
Yes, Signed by the salesman, dated with the receipt for the $1000
I would think that, in most states, that would be considered a contract of some sort.

Originally Posted by bryan2230
So is the reason that you didnt know what the price was going to be when you ordered?
Most people that ordered early were in the same situation...they didn't know exactly what MSRP would end up being. They had a tentative number that GM put out "subject to change". Most of us got something in writing stating they would be sold at MSRP (whatever it happened to be at the time the vehicle was invoiced). For instance, in my case, the cover page with my order information said something along the lines of "the vehicle is being sold at MSRP minus any eligible discounts". It did have a breakdown of prices but those prices could theoretically have changed at any time up until the car was invoiced.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by bryan2230
So is the reason that you didnt know what the price was going to be when you ordered? Cause i got a formal order sheet that states Sell price, how much I deposited. Signed by myself and my Sales Rep. It states its a binding contract upon the signatures. And then it states that if I dont take delivery of the vehicle when it shows up (unless its not what i ordered) that I forfeit my deposit.
did the whole contract thing as well but not the forfeit part my dealer said it will sit till im ready to come get it
Old 05-23-2009, 04:16 PM

Well the bottom line is you didn't specify only that arbitrary number the someone decided to put on your signed paper. If MSRP was used,that is a specific and binding number. By law if that piece of paper was signed by a licenced salesperson it is binding. Or if management say's that person was not qualified to make that guarantee,it doesn't matter. The owner is liable. Personally if soemeone went back on there word like that to me I'd be inclined to give them a learning lesson on ethic's. (An *** whoopin out back)
Old 05-23-2009, 04:22 PM

I would take it to the owner and threaten getting an attorney. I would think they would be smart enough to know your right and just do the right thing? And if you get denied on that throw in a threat of a phone call to the local newpapers editor. Bad press may influence them. Or if they are just A holes, you get nothing. Just remember there are going to be plenty of dealers selling at MSRP. You will have to pay an attorney minimum 250.00-500.00 depending on if a letter wins your case. If not it just isn't worth it.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by MetalDragon
I would think that, in most states, that would be considered a contract of some sort.

Most people that ordered early were in the same situation...they didn't know exactly what MSRP would end up being. They had a tentative number that GM put out "subject to change". Most of us got something in writing stating they would be sold at MSRP (whatever it happened to be at the time the vehicle was invoiced). For instance, in my case, the cover page with my order information said something along the lines of "the vehicle is being sold at MSRP minus any eligible discounts". It did have a breakdown of prices but those prices could theoretically have changed at any time up until the car was invoiced.

This was exactly my circumsttances also. Once the official MSRP was released, and then the later price increase on the MSRP was understood by me, and that the final figure would be the cost. GM had stated that they would honor the first Official price for the early pre-orders. Don't remember the cut off dates off hand.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:19 AM

Talking

I just wanted to update my situation regarding the past few days. As of 9:30 pm,everything went

Thanks to all who got involved on my behalf the forum members have been AWESOME, and there are people who I don't even know going to bat for me.
The situation has been resolved completely to my satisfaction and I will go on from here. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! Thank you ED and MIKE!!
Old 05-24-2009, 02:16 AM

The dealers are just going for the money grab. Unfortunately they are able to sell these cars for over MSRP which is very tempting for a business that has lost 30-50% of its revenue. What we all need to do it hold the line at MSRP and then this will stop happening. I was just searching Autotrader and pretty much every car was marked up by 5-20k. GM is planning on making as many of these cars as they can so it is only a matter of time. A couple of years ago they were getting 20k over MSRP for a Z06 and today you can get a Z06 for 10k under. That is a 30k gap in a couple of years.

Quick Reply: Another Sad Story