2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camaro RS/SS to Run down the Strip at Capitol Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I thought 75/80 had been closed down...
It has been re-openend

Since you are local, you should bring your Camaro out to our show on May 31st

http://www.corvetteclubofamerica.org/Documents/2009/2009ShowFyerFinal.pdf

http://www.corvetteclubofamerica.org
Old 04-30-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by biggrizzly
It has been re-openend

Since you are local, you should bring your Camaro out to our show on May 31st

http://www.corvetteclubofamerica.org/Documents/2009/2009ShowFyerFinal.pdf

http://www.corvetteclubofamerica.org
Stopped in to see it today on my way to work. Very nice but those rims are not my taste at all. The RS rims you guys pulled off it look sweet though. Ill have to post more when I have more time because there were some salesmen I spoke with and it was pretty funny... The Black car was cool too but I couldnt see getting a V6.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:58 PM

I'm sure a high 12 sec slip will encourage a buyer to step forward. Not to mention some extra notoriety for the dealer.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
The RS rims you guys pulled off it look sweet though.
I'm not "you guys". LOL --- I don't work for Sport, although I'd like to!!!
I just hang out there a lot and know a lot of the guys that work there.
They sponsor my club.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by biggrizzly
I'm not "you guys". LOL --- I don't work for Sport, although I'd like to!!!
I just hang out there a lot and know a lot of the guys that work there.
They sponsor my club.

I was looking that SS over before work. Its not my style color and definatly not the rims but it really gave me a feel for it. I expected to like it but not as much as I did. While I was looking it over 3 salesmen walked in the showroom from the outside. One salesman said, yeah this is the only thing bringing anyone in. I heard one salesman say that he couldnt fit because he was too tall. Well I am 6'3" and when I got in the car my head was hitting the roof and I was leaning over. Anyone who can work at seat adjustment can fix that. Once the seat dropped down it was perfect though I didnt take the time to adjust the telescopic wheel. I was sitting in the drivers seat and got out when one salesman mentioned theres alot of information online about this car. He asked me how it felt when I closed the door. I asked the saleman what he meant. He goes, "when you were sitting inside did it feel clostrophobic. So I got back inside and closed the door. I looked up at him from the car and said, "slightly as the door curves in at the beltline but its not bad." That definatly isnt anything I would change. I mentioned to him that the seat was adjustable and dropped down and his response was yeah I had no problem sititng in it. He mentioned this thing is 3800 lbs and asked about the gun slit windshield. Honestly the chop top was a legitamate gripe I agree with though I think I could get used to it. I wish the belt line was a little lower not that the roof be higher. In person the production looks LOADS better than the concept to my eye. after that I just watched the 3 salesmen climb in and out of the car. One climbed into the back seat while another said yeah thats the back seat if you can call it that. Maybe for your clubs or something. These had to be the worst Chevy salesmen Ive ever met. It was like watching the three stooges but at the same time I kinda admired their cander. So finally I asked one if they could pop the trunk so I could see in. He looked at me and said oh I dont know I dont work here. Huh? He then pointed to his shirt and said I work for Mercedees and yelled to his buddy to pop the trunk. LOL!! I couldnt make up with a better Camaro comercial idea if I tried.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:00 PM

Drag Races Canceled due to weather

Sadly the Drag Races at Capitol Raceway have been canceled due to weather and we won't get to see the Camaro run down the track this weekend!!!

This really sucks, but we are currently considering Father's Day weekend for a rain date and that is not too far off in the future.

Stay tuned.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Anyone know what the track surface is like there? I ran there about two years ago and it was very slick. After a couple attempts and spinning consistently through 3 gears I stopped running for the night. They put new asphalt down recently. MIR had a much better surface, would rather see the camaro run there. At MIR, I felt like I was glued to the ground coming up to the light.

Hopefully traction isn't an issue in the time slip.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by white-04
At MIR, I felt like I was glued to the ground coming up to the light.

Hopefully traction isn't an issue in the time slip.
There is a reason for that