2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camaro RS/SS to Run down the Strip at Capitol Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 AM

2010 Camaro RS/SS to Run down the Strip at Capitol Raceway

This Sunday, May 3rd --- Corvette Club of America hosts the annual Muscle Car Drag Races at Capitol Raceway in Crofton Maryland. Additionally, Sport Chevrolet from Silver Spring, MD is the club sponsor and will be driving thier first delivered Camaro RS/SS to the race track for display and to make a pass down the 1/4 mile on Sunday afternoon.

This event typically draws muscle cars from all over the region but with the new Camaro on display and running down the track it could prove to be an incredible turn out. The weatherman seems to be working with us, so hopefully we will have a great day.

more information available at
http://www.corvetteclubofamerica.org

Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 AM

opted for the 21's on it.....nice. im starting to like the flat black stripes also
Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
opted for the 21's on it.....nice. im starting to like the flat black stripes also
I think the flat black stripes look good too, and the texture of the finish doesn't seem like it will leave scuffs or marks like some flat finishes do.
The wheels are sweet, but it adds a lot of heft to the price tag.

Sport Chevrolet will be installing the Cat Back system on this car as soon as the system arrives. Whoever gets this particular car will already have a nice modded Camaro. I'm trying to talk them into putting the short tube headers on it that are avaialble.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:23 AM

Thats awesome that they are bringing it out to the track, but let me get this straight, this is a car that is for sale, and that hasn't been sold, and they are going to take it down the track for a pass or two before trying to sell it... Other than that, its a nice looking ride, looks like it has the IO interior as well Hope to see some pics from the track.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:20 AM

those wheels will probably hamper its performance
Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by TransAmHitman
Thats awesome that they are bringing it out to the track, but let me get this straight, this is a car that is for sale, and that hasn't been sold, and they are going to take it down the track for a pass or two before trying to sell it... Other than that, its a nice looking ride, looks like it has the IO interior as well Hope to see some pics from the track.
The Dealership has been known since the 60s to be performance oriented, hence the name, Sport Chevrolet. They are comitted to using this car as the show piece and to get the word out how great this new Camaro really is. The general public still has a poor impression of GM products and it is up to the Dealers and enthusiasts to help get the word out about the "reinvention" of GM. Ok now I'm sounding like a commercial.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by FS3800
those wheels will probably hamper its performance
they actually only weight about 10lbs more than the stock 20's. i wouldnt see it effecting the performance too much. the tires actually weigh less than the stock 20" tires too. wheels weigh in at 31 for the front - apc and 35 for the rear - apc. the 20" weigh 30 front apc and 32 rear apc. tires are 29 front for the 21" and 33 rear for 21". 20" front 31 lbs and rear tires are 35lbs. it kind evens out.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by biggrizzly
I think the flat black stripes look good too, and the texture of the finish doesn't seem like it will leave scuffs or marks like some flat finishes do.
The wheels are sweet, but it adds a lot of heft to the price tag.

Sport Chevrolet will be installing the Cat Back system on this car as soon as the system arrives. Whoever gets this particular car will already have a nice modded Camaro. I'm trying to talk them into putting the short tube headers on it that are avaialble.
yeah their expensive. i paid about the same price for a custom set of 22" for my camaro and they actually weight alot less than the 21" from chevy.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:39 PM

they actually only weight about 10lbs more than the stock 20's. i wouldnt see it effecting the performance too much. the tires actually weigh less than the stock 20" tires too. wheels weigh in at 31 for the front - apc and 35 for the rear - apc. the 20" weigh 30 front apc and 32 rear apc. tires are 29 front for the 21" and 33 rear for 21". 20" front 31 lbs and rear tires are 35lbs. it kind evens out.
Even so the reduction in sidewall height is not going to make it any friendlier to launch the car.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:09 PM

reduction over what the 16" wheels on a 4th gen or the 20" wheels on the 5th gen? because its not much of a difference from the 20" wheels. a 35 series tire compared to a 40 series tire.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:17 PM

The Dealership has been known since the 60s to be performance oriented, hence the name, Sport Chevrolet. They are comitted to using this car as the show piece and to get the word out how great this new Camaro really is. The general public still has a poor impression of GM products and it is up to the Dealers and enthusiasts to help get the word out about the "reinvention" of GM. Ok now I'm sounding like a commercial.
Its all good, i hope they put someone in the drivers seat that knows how to shift, so we can really see what this baby can do
Old 04-29-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by TransAmHitman
Its all good, i hope they put someone in the drivers seat that knows how to shift, so we can really see what this baby can do
I know who will be driving and I think he can handle the shifting, but I'm not sure if he will be obligated by the dealer to "pull out"

The car has around 200 miles on it now, so I'm not sure how hard they will run it. It was at 75/80 dragway last Friday night for a quickie, but I don't know any details of the event. I know it was there for display, and a trip down the track but just not sure on specifics.

I will bring a full report back here on Monday with photos for sure.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM

so is this a customer car or a display model? because no offense, but i would never buy a car that i knw the dealership were drag racing.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:53 PM

I know who will be driving and I think he can handle the shifting, but I'm not sure if he will be obligated by the dealer to "pull out"

The car has around 200 miles on it now, so I'm not sure how hard they will run it. It was at 75/80 dragway last Friday night for a quickie, but I don't know any details of the event. I know it was there for display, and a trip down the track but just not sure on specifics.

I will bring a full report back here on Monday with photos for sure.
I thought 75/80 had been closed down...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:00 PM

To the best of my knowledge this car will be sold. I know the dealership very well and am sure that whoever buys this car will be taken care of. Again, this car will probably not be driven all out.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro RS/SS to Run down the Strip at Capitol Raceway