2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] Wish list for Camaro interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
The Camaro isn't supposed to be that fancy! I don't understand asking for an overpriced factory stereo system, I'd rather upgrade that myself for cheaper with the brands and type of components that I chose. I also am not interested in a navigation/stereo/climate controls/whatever else they cram into one unit. It makes it tougher to upgrade and takes out several components when it eventually breaks. I'd want attention to be focused on making the interior pieces fit well and aestetically pleasing, comfortable seating similar to 4th gen firebird seats, and a very confortable, functional center console. All it needs is functioning heat, not 2-zone this and that. Power window motors that are up to the task are critical, this problem has gone on way too long.
Why couldn't they do all of what you want as well as offer the dual zone climate control - navi system - sound system - etc? Last I checked these were all options on the GM cars that offer them (except maybe the caddy) so no one would force yu to buy them anyway.

Do you think that offering these extras will prevent them from focusing their attention on the rest of the interior like you mentioned? I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

By the way.... everyone who keeps going on about how dual zone climate control is a worthless/pointless option is obviously not married, or will not have the wife in the Camaro at the same time...
Old 11-21-2006, 09:38 PM

I'm starting to think they should do a Buick Grand National version of this car and make it a luxury sports car, since so many people are against optioning up the Camaro.

You have to understand that the people who are going to buy fully optioned Camaros will be like 35-45. Not the 25-35 group. At that age they will want creature comforts.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:05 AM

Locations for 2 sets of front speakers in the kick panels(mid range and tweeter), and location for one sub(10") and amp in the back that can easily be removed. I'll buy my own aftermarket speakers and head unit. If the speakers can't be put in the kick panels, then the doors is my 2nd choice.

Lightweight cloth seats, non powered

Power windows, power mirrors, remote keyless power locks

Lots of Gauges: 150 MPH analog but with a digital LED output also (for anything above 150), Tach, Oil Pressure, Collant temp, battery voltage, fuel level, transmission temp, fuel pressure. Also, would like the option to change guage colors with the press of a button and have the color red be one of the colors since red seems to be the easiest on the eyes at night.

Digital LED compass mounted overhead with outside air temperature displayed

Window and door lock switches located in the 4th gen locations, trunk release switch located in the 4th gen firebird location.

Center console with compartment. Glove box in dash.

All black interior, no dark gray crap.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by casull
Why couldn't they do all of what you want as well as offer the dual zone climate control - navi system - sound system - etc? Last I checked these were all options on the GM cars that offer them (except maybe the caddy) so no one would force yu to buy them anyway.

Do you think that offering these extras will prevent them from focusing their attention on the rest of the interior like you mentioned? I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

By the way.... everyone who keeps going on about how dual zone climate control is a worthless/pointless option is obviously not married, or will not have the wife in the Camaro at the same time...
I'm mostly concerned with them driving up the costs of the vehicle. You bring up a good point of them being options, but wouldn't adding more options and variety to the build make the assembly costs go up for the model as a whole? I also honestly don't think most customers getting a Camaro would want all that stuff, but maybe I'm wrong. For comparison, what kind of option structure does the Mustang have?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
I'm mostly concerned with them driving up the costs of the vehicle. You bring up a good point of them being options, but wouldn't adding more options and variety to the build make the assembly costs go up for the model as a whole? I also honestly don't think most customers getting a Camaro would want all that stuff, but maybe I'm wrong. For comparison, what kind of option structure does the Mustang have?
It depends on how much they can use from other models. If there is a geeat deal of engineering and design that has to go into it then yes it could drive up the price; however if they just modify things like the dual climate control; navigation; HUD; etc from current models, then I would have to assume that the added costs would be rather minimal since these products already exist. The only added cost would be to engineer the car around them, which I don't think would be very significant as long as they engineer it with them in mind from the beginning since they have to re-design the entire interior anyway. Plus, I would assume that the people ordering these options absorb the majority of the cost anyway. I mean, $1,500 for a navigation system.... that is well above the actual cost of the system.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:36 AM

I don't think a single one of us is going to buy a Buick or Pontiac version of the Camaro just because we want GPS navigation or some other high-end options.

I think we all want the CAMARO.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I don't think a single one of us is going to buy a Buick or Pontiac version of the Camaro just because we want GPS navigation or some other high-end options.

I think we all want the CAMARO.
On the contrary -- if Buick or Pontiac has a car that performs pretty much the same and has additional features I want, that's what I'll buy.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:15 PM

I didn't read through all the posts, but who here wants the auto window switches on the center console again!!!(besides me)
Old 11-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by toegead93
I didn't read through all the posts, but who here wants the auto window switches on the center console again!!!(besides me)
Not me. I've never liked them there in other cars.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:06 PM

Not me either. To me, its just nice to have all the door power functions(power mirrors, power windows, power locks) in one location - the door panel.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by FirebatLT1
Not me either. To me, its just nice to have all the door power functions(power mirrors, power windows, power locks) in one location - the door panel.
Ditto. I don't like switches by the shifter and/or drink holder. Spill your drink and all of a sudden you have to replace a bunch of switches I bet!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:00 AM

Didnt read them all but I would like to see the dash stay CLEAN not cluttered, and definetly no BLANK panels. These are good for a few, but what about the people who will never add anything to fill those panels, now they have a cheap "no options" looking dash! All i can think of is maybe keep the hump out of the passengers floor!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:11 PM

Yeah, no blank panels. I'm never adding gauges or any of that crap. If you guys need to add guages, remove the radio because your car should be music to your ears!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by STEEL
The mustang gt 500 has 10 speakers in it... a awsome dashlayout, ect.

For me, Performance first, Music second, comfort last. Yes. Last. Yes, I know what it is like to drive long distance on an un-comfortable seat.

I dont care if I have to crank the windows, I dont care if I have to spin a handel to start it, If it is fast, and the sterio is kicking, then its all good.

preach it brother but im a big dude so i need to be somewhat comfortable
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 PM

Music second? Who the hell actually listens to the stereo in their car here? I listen to the engine and the exhaust -- they're music to my ears. My Corolla is what deserves to have 10 speakers in it, that way I could distract myself from the way the engine groans and the exhaust sputters.

And since when did the Mustang have an awesome dash layout? It has a hard plastic layout that reminds me of the Need For Speed games at arcades.

I want an amazing interior that is leather wrapped and soft. And not only that, I want the damn car's interior to have the styling of a Chevy on the inside. Ford and Dodge both have some of the worst interior styling in the entire automotive business! Look at the current Ford Explorer if you don't understand why I say that!

Quick Reply: [Interior] Wish list for Camaro interior