2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] Wish list for Camaro interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:30 PM

Re: Wish list for Camaro interior

[QUOTE=frusciante fan;4164048]--a smaller dash (than 4th gens. gets dirty fast and when you're driving into the sun, the reflected light blinds you)

--customizable lighting for guages (like the mustang)/QUOTE]

Use a cleaner that's 'matte' on the dash. I never had a problem with sun reflecting off it in the time I had my '02.

And I'd love to see customizable lighting on the guages.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by arjainz
If all your requests are granted, there's no way the camaro would weigh less than 3500. And the price would definitely be a LOT more expensive than the Mustang. Then you guys would start complaining that the car is too heavy and expensive, haha.
The new Camaro, being built on an all new chasis from the ground up (unlike the Mustang which is built on the Lincoln LS chasis designed circa 1998) is going to have the advantage of high tech design, engineering, and production. If GM knows what they are doing, they can design this car to be competitively weighted, full of features, and still be attractively priced. Think about the Japs. There's Honda Accords on the road with more features than a Cadillac and they still don't reach $30k. GM has got to package the Camaro to be the best of everything GM has to offer today. It will be the second GM car (after the all new Malibu) released in the States on a platform never produced before. An entirely new, modern, and hi-tech design. If GM can't package a great car at a competitive price full of features at high quality and still keep the price affordable, I'd question whether the company itself will ever be competitive again.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
thats not quite interior, but ok...
Yeah, I was out of it that day, and totally missed the interior part! Doh! So let's try again. I don't think much can be done looks wise. I think I'll have to deal with the guages in the dash. One things been bugging me. We were posting about the /Slash/, a while back. Now I see he's doing vw ads! And I noticed there are quite few guitar players on the board, what if they put a jack, in the new Camaro for us guitar players! We could plug in, play some jams for the ladies, and serenade em' right outta their mustangs and into a Camaro, just a crazy thought I had.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:18 AM

I like the fading interior lighting. I wouldn't even mind a constant, low level light in the cabin. A friend's new Aura has it and it's a nice, very premium feeling, feature.

I'd also love to see body colored inserts or highlights, or at least something to give the car some character on the inside.

And I want a START BUTTON!!!! I don't even mean the totally electronic stuff from the 'vette - nah - just a keyhole that you turn, but then press the start button to fire it up. That too would be an extremely premium feeling feature.

A HUD absolutely tops the list.

The other thing I want to mention is that small, premium feeling features will make this car a legend and do more for GM in the long run. A friend of mine has bought Saturns for 15 years and was ready to bail out on the brand forever after a bad experience at a dealer a couple of weeks ago. BUT, during that visit she drove an Aura and loved it - so she was no looking forward to buying something else - drove an Accord the same night and didn't like it at all. After some prodding, she went to another Saturn dealer and got her Aura - and LOVES it. But aside from all the mechanicals that really impressed her (ride, feel, power, handling), what totally sold her are the little features - the fading lighting, the fact that the backs of the seats have pockets for maps and such, but they don't take away from the legroom that's back there, the hole in the center console for a cell phone power cord, the fact that the cabin is lit up at night enough to find your cell phone but not enough to be a distraction...........all those little features blew her away because she hadn't noticed them during the test drive and found them as she drove her car. Just picture it - for a week she was discovering new and cool things about her car - for a week the car became more and more impressive without the dealer or company having to do a thing. That's what GM needs for the Camaro. Enthusiasts are the easy sell - we'll follow performance. But the on-the-fence folks, the ones that aren't sure - they'll hear about the little features and it will be enough to sway them, if those features are done right.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 AM

After looking at the pictures from the thread from the TX State Fair, I just hope that GM either ditches the interior from the concept all together or makes some serious modifications. The more I look at the interior, the less I like it. I would like to see more modern styling all together instead of trying to mix the retro look with modern ques.

And I am in complete agreement with the above post... HUD is an absolute must with a touch screen navi system in close second for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by casull
After looking at the pictures from the thread from the TX State Fair, I just hope that GM either ditches the interior from the concept all together or makes some serious modifications. The more I look at the interior, the less I like it. I would like to see more modern styling all together instead of trying to mix the retro look with modern ques.
Agreed.... if the concept interior makes it to production I actually will be happy- the 5th Gens will sit on lots forever and will be very cheap to buy.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:04 AM

My interior wish list includes:

Adjustable headrests
side curtain airbags
knee bolster airbags

Manual headlamp controls with an "auto" feature if you so desire. Independent controls for headlamps and fogs, of course.

Theater dimming dome lamps and lamps for the footwells like on 80's Camaros.

A steering wheel without a king sized pillow airbag cover (think Trailblazer sized)

Backlit mirror, lock, and window switches on the doors, please. No "spotlight" effect from a 194 bulb.

Full readout/driver info center on the dash.

HEATED SEATS.

Please, GM, think more GTO and less Cobalt
Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 AM

Key in the dash. One of the things I loved about 68's, and hated about 69's. Interior lighting is really nice in the Pontiac G6, does give the car a premium feeling to it, when driving at night. The A/C vents in the G6 are also pretty neat and very much remind me of the ball vents on 67/68's too. The color change dash lighting could also get some potential Mustang buyers to give Camaro a second look. A start buttom for the top models (Z/28,SS,etc.) would be cool too. HUD is nice. Body colored int. accents ( like GTO, maybe a little more) would be nice.

Last edited by SCNGENNFTHGEN; 11-01-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:40 PM

I'd like to see:

1. At least GTO quality fit and finish.

2. At least GTO quality seats.

3. Automatic Climate Control. IS THIS THAT HARD? WHY DID THE GTO'S NOT GET THIS? It is unreasonable to spend over 25,000 on a car and not get this at least as an option. Optional Dual-Zone would be even nicer. C'mon GM, it's standard on the WRX! Get with the game.

4. Keep the retro set up. Please. That's one of the things I love about the concept. The 4 gauges down by the shifter and the two big "you only need these two to drive" gauges on the dash.

5. Optional Heated Seats. I probably wouldn't opt for them, but how about looping the dual-zone and heated seats into a premium package of sorts.

Leave navigation as an option. I've had cars both with and without. I personally prefer without unless it is the last option selected. Nav, and HUD, and things like push button start seem to be big on this thread. But at the same time, would you take HUD if because of the cost they had to recycle the Ion or Cobalt steering wheel in yet another car? I'm trying to stay reasonable with my requests.

Last edited by irvbulldogs72; 11-01-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:17 AM

I've never seen a point to dual zone climate control (at least not in any normal sized passenger car), i sure as hell would't want the weight penalty of the extra controls, ducts and mixing dorrs, etc. I don't care if it's only 10lbs, that's 10lbs that serves no useful purpose IMO.

I also don't realy understand the fascination with auto climate control. I've never been in a car where the auto climate control did a good job of actually regulating comfort, you still had to adjust the temperature desired up or down to truly be comfortable, just as easy to adjust a generic red/blue slider as a digital 'temperature' that has no actual bearing on what temperature the car is
Old 11-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by notgetleft
I've never seen a point to dual zone climate control (at least not in any normal sized passenger car), i sure as hell would't want the weight penalty of the extra controls, ducts and mixing dorrs, etc. I don't care if it's only 10lbs, that's 10lbs that serves no useful purpose IMO.

I also don't realy understand the fascination with auto climate control. I've never been in a car where the auto climate control did a good job of actually regulating comfort, you still had to adjust the temperature desired up or down to truly be comfortable, just as easy to adjust a generic red/blue slider as a digital 'temperature' that has no actual bearing on what temperature the car is
Our 2000 Bonneville has dual zone digital climate control. Aside from the fact that there is only one fan, and that therefore the fan speed setting applies to both zones, I have no complaints. Set the **** at 72 and within a couple minutes, I'm comfortable, no matter what. I'd be willing to bet that it's pretty darn close to 72 degrees in the car at that point.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by notgetleft

Girls. My G35 also has only one fan , but a girl can sit in my passenger seat with the heat blasting on her and I can sit on my side with the A/C running cold. It makes a difference when you know that the next complaint out of her mouth is being responded to with a.......wait, I don't know if I can really say that here.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:56 PM

i would just prefer a good sound system. i think 6 speakers would be a minimum, but should have maybe 8. plus a 8 or 10 inch sub in the trunk.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:33 AM

1) 6-speed automatic with paddle shifters. Needs to be the type Ferrari uses and not the electronically controlled type that doesn't always shift/shifts slow.

2) GPS navigation. I would like it DVD based so you don't have to pay a subscription for service.

3) cupholders in the backseat area so the cups don't have to be in my way.

4) nice thick leather instead of the type that they used on the '97-'02 Camaros.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:53 AM

The Camaro isn't supposed to be that fancy! I don't understand asking for an overpriced factory stereo system, I'd rather upgrade that myself for cheaper with the brands and type of components that I chose. I also am not interested in a navigation/stereo/climate controls/whatever else they cram into one unit. It makes it tougher to upgrade and takes out several components when it eventually breaks. I'd want attention to be focused on making the interior pieces fit well and aestetically pleasing, comfortable seating similar to 4th gen firebird seats, and a very confortable, functional center console. All it needs is functioning heat, not 2-zone this and that. Power window motors that are up to the task are critical, this problem has gone on way too long.

Quick Reply: [Interior] Wish list for Camaro interior