2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] Wish list for Camaro interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:59 AM

Re: Wish list for Camaro interior

A disk brake system front and back, that is so good, it doesn't need frequent redesigns.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SCNGENNFTHGEN
A disk brake system front and back, that is so good, it doesn't need frequent redesigns.

thats not quite interior, but ok...
Old 10-15-2006, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by CrabhartZ28
GTO gauges are quite functional at 200mph max. What it takes to get there is more gearing and tires than power.
Huh? Better tires and more gear will get it to 200 mph?
Old 10-15-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by CrabhartZ28
GTO gauges are quite functional at 200mph max. What it takes to get there is more gearing and tires than power.
It probably needs a very tall cliff to hit 200 mph. Gearing and tires are completely optional at that point. The speedo probably won't work well either.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
It probably needs a very tall cliff to hit 200 mph. Gearing and tires are completely optional at that point. The speedo probably won't work well either.
If you drive it off the cliff, the speedo will hit 200 before you do.

I don't see how "The car won't hit 200" is a valid argument. Might as well change the Corvette and GTO speedometers then. As an aside, I think it is pretty dumb when people check the biggest number on the speedometer to see how fast the car will go, but that is a topic for another day.

I would like:
-Some storage in the door big enough to hold a cd case (like in the 4th gen) and a good place to put your cell phone (like you get in the 4th gen unless you have TCS or a convertible).
-4 cupholders
-Express down and up on the windows
-HUD available
-Cig lighter and at least one other power outlet (or two power outlets, I don't smoke)
-Electrochromic rearview mirror
-At least two good colors for the interior. Black and Gray are not acceptable as the only colors.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer
1) A 200mph speedometer.
Actually, you're probably not off the wall with that request. If you notice the way alot of GM's new speedometers are designed, they are no longer calibrated strictly for miles per hour and have MPH in large font with KmPH in the small tiny font underneath..... the new speedometers now have just a scale of numbers, and depending on the vehicle the numbers will vary. The Corvette Z06, for example, has a scale of 0-300. 300 KmPH = 186 MPH. The GTO has a speedometer with a scale of 0-240, where 240 KmPH = 149.1 MPH. To read the gauge in English or Metrics just push a button on the dash and the speedometer needle is recalibrated to the measurment selected.

So, in essence, you will probably get that wish. I'd bet the speedometer scale will be 0-240. Then you can impress your date and tell her your car can do 240 miles per hour!

As for what I personally would like for the interior, all I ask is that the design is tastefull and sharp, and the quality is top notch. That means high quality, soft to the touch plastics, no pannel gaps, and solid structure. In other words, a modern interior. No rattles, not even after 100,000 miles (hey, the Japs have been making rattle free interiors for years. Time for America to step up to the plate)

Last edited by fastball; 10-15-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:59 PM

Re: 200mph speedo.

Let's face it, we all know that rear spoilers, RAM air intakes, and fake plastic air vents don't do anything. But it's the perception that counts. I was spurred on by the fact that many Japanese family cars can do 140 mph these days, and some do 155+. So people look at a Camaro with a 140mph speedo and think its only as fast as a Camry, or a Hyundai Sonata. I know, I know, it's BS, but just try and convince them it is. They acutually believe the speedo and not the facts.

Just put the damn 200mph speedo on it. It'll add thousands at resale time. And yeah, Joe Average is an idiot.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shellhead

I disagree with the cupholders in front of the shifter, though. My Wrangler has them there and whenever you shift into third - BAM - your drink's crushed and all over the place.
thats dodge for you GM will do a better job than that and make sure you wont hit while powershifting.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
thats dodge for you GM will do a better job than that and make sure you wont hit while powershifting.
Hopefully the radio isn't too close like it is right now in the 4th-gen!! (yeah, I've hit the radio controls on a hard 2-3 shift a couple times! Maybe not gripping the shifter tight enough?! ).
Old 10-15-2006, 10:22 PM

Large well placed cupholders,at least 2 power outlets, an awesome stereo. Seats need to be comfortable enough to sit in for hours, Large well placed guages. It can look retro outside but as modern/ top quality as any car on the inside.

Dual climate control and navigation would be great options.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
....me i would personally like to have
WINDOW MOTORS THAT ACTUALLY FREAKING WORK!!!

I've had 3 4th gens.

ALL of them had power window failures. I figured GM would have fixed them by the time the 2002 came out (after 9 frigging years you'd think they'd figure it out!). Wrong! Then Chevrolet had the nerve to make those piece-o-**** power windows standard (more money for the parts division?).

Right now BOTH motors on my 2002 are on the blink......BOTH! To be honest, this actually is causing me to rethink my opinion of GM.

Logic would dictate that if GM can't make a frigging power window motor, then how can they make a decent car?! Does wonders for the perception of quality!

Since GM isn't merging with Ford, perhaps GM should at least buy power window motors from them. My '89 T-bird has the originals. Still work great. As did my other '89 when I sold it. Let alone the '93, so it isn't a fluke.

Unfortunately, neither are premature power window motor failures in 4th gens.... or the fact GM never corrected the problem.

Last edited by guionM; 10-15-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:06 AM

Actually, you're probably not off the wall with that request. If you notice the way alot of GM's new speedometers are designed, they are no longer calibrated strictly for miles per hour and have MPH in large font with KmPH in the small tiny font underneath..... the new speedometers now have just a scale of numbers, and depending on the vehicle the numbers will vary. The Corvette Z06, for example, has a scale of 0-300. 300 KmPH = 186 MPH. The GTO has a speedometer with a scale of 0-240, where 240 KmPH = 149.1 MPH. To read the gauge in English or Metrics just push a button on the dash and the speedometer needle is recalibrated to the measurment selected.

So, in essence, you will probably get that wish. I'd bet the speedometer scale will be 0-240. Then you can impress your date and tell her your car can do 240 miles per hour!

As for what I personally would like for the interior, all I ask is that the design is tastefull and sharp, and the quality is top notch. That means high quality, soft to the touch plastics, no pannel gaps, and solid structure. In other words, a modern interior. No rattles, not even after 100,000 miles (hey, the Japs have been making rattle free interiors for years. Time for America to step up to the plate)
I am going to do that.... i will be on the freeway with a girl at night and be all "Want to know what 200 mph looks like?"

Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer
Re: 200mph speedo.

Let's face it, we all know that rear spoilers, RAM air intakes, and fake plastic air vents don't do anything. But it's the perception that counts. I was spurred on by the fact that many Japanese family cars can do 140 mph these days, and some do 155+. So people look at a Camaro with a 140mph speedo and think its only as fast as a Camry, or a Hyundai Sonata. I know, I know, it's BS, but just try and convince them it is. They acutually believe the speedo and not the facts.

Just put the damn 200mph speedo on it. It'll add thousands at resale time. And yeah, Joe Average is an idiot.
Well, i belive that is 155 kph which is less that 100 mph. I could be wrong, but i just dont think that the famly mini van in japan can do that.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
I've had 3 4th gens.

ALL of them had power window failures. I figured GM would have fixed them by the time the 2002 came out (after 9 frigging years you'd think they'd figure it out!). Wrong! Then Chevrolet had the nerve to make those piece-o-**** power windows standard (more money for the parts division?).

Right now BOTH motors on my 2002 are on the blink......BOTH! To be honest, this actually is causing me to rethink my opinion of GM.

Logic would dictate that if GM can't make a frigging power window motor, then how can they make a decent car?! Does wonders for the perception of quality!

Since GM isn't merging with Ford, perhaps GM should at least buy power window motors from them. My '89 T-bird has the originals. Still work great. As did my other '89 when I sold it. Let alone the '93, so it isn't a fluke.

Unfortunately, neither are premature power window motor failures in 4th gens.... or the fact GM never corrected the problem.
Do you think it's the motor itself, or just the weight of the window that the motor is supposed to move?

I changed the window motor on my sister in law's Chrysler minivan and it looked similar to the two 3rd Gen, three 4th Gen and one C4 Corvette motors I've changed. Maybe a motor big enough to reliably and durable enough to handle a window of that weight just can't realistically fit in the tight confines of the door?

Last edited by Ron78Z&01SS; 10-16-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
If you drive it off the cliff, the speedo will hit 200 before you do.
Well only if the wheels are moving. I don't think the new Camaro will have a pitot tube for air or ground speed.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:50 AM

Steering wheel audio controls.

Quick Reply: [Interior] Wish list for Camaro interior