2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] New Interior Photos of 2009 Chevy Camaro

Old 01-26-2008, 03:22 PM

Cool New Interior Photos of 2009 Chevy Camaro

Don't know if y'all have seen these -- new interior photos of the 2009 Chevy Camaro

-----------
Ray Wert
Editor-in-Chief - Jalopnik
Old 01-26-2008, 03:30 PM

That looks MUCH better than what I thought it would.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:45 PM

It's obviously still laden with duct tape (and wow - check out the cardboard floor mats )... but still looks pretty nice so far. I'm reserving final judgement until a true production interior is released. I like the design of the console gauges in particular - they look to be very easy to read. Overall though, it sure looks like this is a 'base' or V6 variant, judging by the wheels and lack of rear spoiler. I'm sure there are more niceties on the 'LT' or upgraded cars. Is that a cupholder I see in the console?
Old 01-26-2008, 03:45 PM

i like almost everything but the stupid freaking speedo and tach ... i guess i knew it was going to be like that though, and i guess its nothing that HUD wont make me forget about. That radio does look hard to find an aftermarket one to make look right, but i guess all cars are like that now days. all things considered though it looks pretty dang good.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
i like almost everything but the stupid freaking speedo and tach ... i guess i knew it was going to be like that though, and i guess its nothing that HUD wont make me forget about. That radio does look hard to find an aftermarket one to make look right, but i guess all cars are like that now days. all things considered though it looks pretty dang good.
Agreed. Everything I've read on here makes me think the car will be offered with an optional HUD... which makes me not care much how nice and modern the speedo might be. If there is also an option for factory nav, that will open up a lot of choices there as well so the unique faceplate might not matter much.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:52 PM

Looks like the cup holders are right behind the shifter again. And the stereo looks like a pain to put in a NAV/DVD unit.

Oh well, guess I'm getting a Vette instead.

B
Old 01-26-2008, 03:59 PM

very pretty love it

dont let cup holders influence your decision :P
Old 01-26-2008, 04:02 PM

i really like this interior i hope they put a nav in and have an option were the color on the door panel and color around tach and speedo could be the color of your car
Old 01-26-2008, 04:07 PM

did anyone notice the torque gauge? either this is an extremely stout 6 cylinder :P, or its one of the v8s because it goes up to 370 lb ft it looks like. im all for full instrumentation though and ill have to put my vote in as yes on console gauges being cool. also do the gauges have a light ring (almost to match the headlight halos) or are they just the shiniest chrome rings ever?

Last edited by Big_Z; 01-26-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 PM

There should be a torque gauge somewhere in there.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Z
did anyone notice the torque gauge? either this is a very stout 6 cylinder, or its one of the v8s because it goes up to 370 lb ft it looks like. im all for full instrumentation though and ill have to put my vote in as yes on console gauges being cool. also do the gauges have a light ring (almost to match the headlight halos) or are they just the shiniest chrome rings ever?
Even if the V8 Camaro ended up with the L76 (391 ft lb TQ), that gauge would/will be inadequate. If the car pictured is a V6, and IF the V6 is the 3.6 (290 ft lb), it makes a little more sense. It could also be - that the gauge face is not a production-car-ready graphic. That's the problem with trying to interpret too much from these unauthorized spy pix. Still though - it's cool to have a Torque gauge... something that would cause massive embarrassment for the typical Honda Civic owner

One other thing. It appears the two gauges most people care most about (temp, fuel) are right up there with the speedo/tach. That should help those who were not in favor of console gauges.

As for the speedo halo - again that's a problem with trying to understand the gauges' appearance and lighting. The pix are horrible in that regard... and how do we know, a trim piece (such as a glare blocker) is not missing from that picture? Perhaps the car was IN that garage for some dash work to be done. We simply will not really know what these parts and components really look like, until their production release.

Last edited by BigDarknFast; 01-26-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
Even if the V8 Camaro ended up with the L76 (391 ft lb TQ), that gauge would/will be inadequate. If the car pictured is a V6, and IF the V6 is the 3.6 (290 ft lb), it makes a little more sense. It could also be - that the gauge face is not a production-car-ready graphic. That's the problem with trying to interpret too much from these unauthorized spy pix. Still though - it's cool to have a Torque gauge... something that would cause massive embarrassment for the typical Honda Civic owner
The increments don't follow a linear equation.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by number77
The increments don't follow a linear equation.
Understood. I guess I was only going by the MAX increment on the gauge - which LOOKS like it might say 370 ft lb. (Again - just speculation, based on extremely blurry and ill-focused pix)
Old 01-26-2008, 04:31 PM

What exactly is the point of the torque gauge? Not like I'm going to be looking down there as I'm slamming on the gas to see what kind of torque I'm getting while I slam into a tree.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
Understood. I guess I was only going by the MAX increment on the gauge - which LOOKS like it might say 370 ft lb. (Again - just speculation, based on extremely blurry and ill-focused pix)
If they did go in intuitive increments it should read 360ft lb. Which would be more confusing. I mean, they don't HAVE to be linear, but it would make sense for them to be legibly read by a drive without having to do math. Spooky stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Interior] New Interior Photos of 2009 Chevy Camaro