2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] New Interior Photos of 2009 Chevy Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 PM

It's getting better
Old 01-26-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Black5thgen
Cry babies! Damn I sure hope you go buy a mustang if a torque gauge upsets you so much. Maybe you guys would happier if they put a gauge to monitor when you should change your tampon. These new pics make me feel a lot better except for one thing. The speedo is in 20mph increments. I hate that, my girlfriend's mini has that and it is a pain when you are trying to go 35, 45, ext. But I can't believe all of you are complaining about a torque gauge, I think it's a cool add on and cool way to fill a gap. Maybe you guys would be happy with a nice dependable and lame aveo. You can stop waiting and go buy that right now. Oh and if you go buy a mustang let me know how that's working out for you guys and a year and a half.
So true!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chewbacca
However, I generally do not base my car buying decisions on whether or not they have fun things to watch on the dash.
Well I can't blame you, that makes sense

But after seeing this torque gauge business, I found myself on Ford's website pricing a new Mustang. I can't believe I actually did that to tell the truth but it seems the writing is on the wall.
Wait but didn't you just say..?

Just because you write an essay (for whatever reason, nobody actually cares.) doesn't mean any of it was smart or meaningful. You clearly had no intentions of buying this car if having a neat torque gauge is dooms day, therefor I seriously doubt GM gives half, one quarter, or especially 2 fuhks about you.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:52 PM

You're wearing out the roll eyes emoticon. It no longer has the desired effect when it's in every one of your posts....
If it bothers you, I'll try to use it less. I hope you can relate though, some of us here who like what they're seeing in the new Camaro, are definitely exasparated with those who aren't liking what they see but still hang around, seemingly, just to pee in the fire.
It's gimmicky. It's lame. It is obviously aimed at the poser crowd (Look at my torques yo!). It serves no purpose beyond impressing the easily impressed. My opinion of course but also shared by my gadget loving wife.
No import owner would be willing to have such a gauge in their car - wouldn't register anything
Congratulations. So does my wife's GTP. However, I generally do not base my car buying decisions on whether or not they have fun things to watch on the dash. In fact, I try to steer clear of such useless crap when possible.
So. We can't have fun in our cars? Maybe you do need an Aveo.
Case in point - So exactly how much boost were you getting with your GTP? Oh right, it just an idiot light. Lights up some "fun to watch" segments when you're in the boost. No real value beyond your entertainment.
Sure, it's just for fun. According to that logic, we don't need a stereo in the car either.
I do give a hearty thumbs up to the oil temp gauge though. Bravo. Seriously. I lament the fact it won't be there on the production car. This was after all just a test mule right?

What conclusions should we make? You mean the car isn't going to have the features we have seen? These are decoys? What?
My point was - it's not appropriate to judge the car or its interior from these pix. People should wait until the whole thing is out for a rational review.
Perhaps, just perhaps, some of us are a wee bit more discerning as consumers than you are. Ever think of that?

Maybe, just maybe, we pour our hard earned bucks into something that reflects just a bit of who we are and then we hang onto that purchase for many years. Obviously we would have to live with the things we don't like for a long time. Not everybody turns over cars at the rate you apparently do. How 'bout that one? Ever think of that?
Whatever. How long have you been driving? (Me, 33 years). Since I had my first car, a 1970 Chevelle, for eight years... and my second car (which was my first new car), a 1983 Citation X11 for eleven years... I do believe I've earned enough to buy cars more often since then. I may have owned more cars than you... and maybe that gives me a sense of perspective you are clearly lacking. Have you driven and owned a 2005 GTO? If not, I can make a case you lack a little perspective on modern muscle. I loved my GTO - but also had to deal daily with its agonizingly slow power seats and clackity HVAC *****... as well as its astronomical insurance costs. Pardon me if I decided to get something else. That car's interior looked gee-whiz-great in pictures! But driving and owning it was another matter entirely.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mike got a camaro
Well I can't blame you, that makes sense

Wait but didn't you just say..?
What point are you trying to make?

Just because you write an essay (for whatever reason, nobody actually cares.) doesn't mean any of it was smart or meaningful.
I'm sorry all that terrible reading is a problem for you Mike got a camaro. I'll try to use smaller words and shorter sentences. Maybe you could follow along if the site had text balloons like your favorite comic book.

You clearly had no intentions of buying this car if having a neat torque gauge is dooms day, therefor I seriously doubt GM gives half, one quarter, or especially 2 fuhks about you.
Couldn't be more wrong about that one Sparky. I had / have plans to buy two.

And despite your less than witty retort about GM caring about me, they should. In recent history I have purchased more than $100K of their products. My first car was a 1st gen '68 so I'm not automatically turned off by the "heritage" features of the new car. I bought my other Camaros brand new with no second thoughts going in.

Despite all that, this car is not a slam dunk purchase decision for me. They should worry about that, dontcha think?

Thanks for playing though.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:01 PM

go bitch Bob Lutz why dontya chewy
Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 PM

What point are you trying to make?

I'm sorry all that terrible reading is a problem for you Mike got a camaro. I'll try to use smaller words and shorter sentences. Maybe you could follow along if the site had text balloons like your favorite comic book.

Couldn't be more wrong about that one Sparky. I had / have plans to buy two.

And despite your less than witty retort about GM caring about me, they should. In recent history I have purchased more than $100K of their products. My first car was a 1st gen '68 so I'm not automatically turned off by the "heritage" features of the new car. I bought my other Camaros brand new with no second thoughts going in.

Despite all that, this car is not a slam dunk purchase decision for me. They should worry about that, dontcha think?

Thanks for playing though.
And what threw you off from spending possibly $50,000.00+ a torque gauge? That seems like a logically way to decide on your next car.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:11 PM

Doesn't look any better than what we've seen before......

Torque gauge? Is this from the Honda Civic portion of the JC Whitney catalog?

The speedo and tach are exactly what I was NOT looking for as far as font readability and general look.

I suppose this will give me more time to save for the 6th gen, providing there is such an animal (I really do hope so!)

Last edited by Z28Wilson; 01-26-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
If it bothers you, I'll try to use it less. I hope you can relate though, some of us here who like what they're seeing in the new Camaro, are definitely exasparated with those who aren't liking what they see but still hang around, seemingly, just to pee in the fire.
Why? Why should you be exasperated? Is your opinion only valid if everyone shares it?

Nobody has ever told you that your opinion is wrong. Can you say the same?

No import owner would be willing to have such a gauge in their car - wouldn't register anything
Fair enough.

So. We can't have fun in our cars?
Yes you can have fun in your car. If your idea of fun is cool little flashing lights, fine. That's not the norm though for an enthusiast. Maybe you need a Prius or some other hybrid. They have cool little displays.

Maybe you do need an Aveo.
Actually I've been looking for an older low mileage Metro to supplant my truck as an everyday driver. Oh wait... that was a jab that I'm not a true car guy. My bad... I guess I do need that little point making emoticon.

Sure, it's just for fun. According to that logic, we don't need a stereo in the car either.
Funny you mention that 'cause I wouldn't miss one in mine. I never use the thing in my car and infrequently use it in the truck.

My point was - it's not appropriate to judge the car or its interior from these pix. People should wait until the whole thing is out for a rational review.
I'm pretty sure that I mentioned in numerous threads that I WILL wait to drive / see the thing but I DO NOT like the direction it appears to be taking.

Whatever. How long have you been driving? (Me, 33 years).
Little more than 20 years. I guess that means your cyber ***** is bigger than mine?

I do believe I've earned enough to buy cars more often since then. I may have owned more cars than you... and maybe that gives me a sense of perspective you are clearly lacking.
Oh. I guess so. It is bigger. That's why everybody who doesn't like the car or some aspect of it is wrong. You have more perspective. We're all so silly.

Have you driven and owned a 2005 GTO? If not, I can make a case you lack a little perspective on modern muscle. I loved my GTO - but also had to deal daily with its agonizingly slow power seats and clackity HVAC *****... as well as its astronomical insurance costs.
Nope. Wanted one to replace the wife's GTP with one though. Couldn't talk her into it.

Pardon me if I decided to get something else.
No pardon necessary. You're well within your right to buy whatever whenever you want. My point was that not everyone can do that or wants to do that. I can afford new cars much more often than I actually buy them. It's just that I personally don't need to have the newest, shiniest thing on the block. That's just me. Different strokes and all.

Remember that different strokes thing the next time you become exasperated.

Last edited by Chewbacca; 01-26-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomTA
I hate it. I dislike the stereo setup. The climate control looks terrible. The vents just dont look right.

I hate the speedo and tach area, looks horrible.

I like the gauge cluster in front of the shifter. Its kinda retro and interesting. Please god no Tq gauge. Id prefer, a water temp, oil pressure, voltage and some sort of fuel pressure. A vacuum gauge would be cool as well.
My thoughts exactly. I'll reserve final judgment until I actually sit in it, but based on those pics, I'm not a fan.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:18 PM

And what threw you off from spending possibly $50,000.00+ a torque gauge? That seems like a logically way to decide on your next car.
It's not only the gauge. Little things like that are starting to pile up for me and I haven't even driven the damn thing.

Not a good way to start.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tkc23
go bitch Bob Lutz why dontya chewy
I'd be happy to have a conversation with him. You have his number? It's far too late now anyway.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:32 PM

Old 01-26-2008, 08:40 PM

It's not only the gauge. Little things like that are starting to pile up for me and I haven't even driven the damn thing.

Not a good way to start.
Yeah I gotta admit I agree..i haven't bought a new car now awaiting the arrival of the thing but it's hard to ride the new Camaro's boner when they keep doing stupid **** to it..I'm hoping the pre-po pictures just don't do it justice and it looks extremely similar to the concept.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by bob cosby

lol

Quick Reply: [Interior] New Interior Photos of 2009 Chevy Camaro