2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] New Interior Photos of 2009 Chevy Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
What planet are you from?

Earth. You?
Old 01-26-2008, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer
Gauge placement is terrible. Way out of eyesight. It's wrong, just like it was wrong in 1967.
That's a premature judgement, IMO. Have you sat in the new production Camaro? Operated it, or examined its interior options? I think not. If it has a HUD, as is rumored, it will eliminate 'gauge readability' as an operational issue. Even if not - such gauge placement is not in and of itself, an impediment to ergonomics.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chewbacca
Forgetting my opinion on the aesthetics of the dash and usability of the gauges for a moment...

A torque gauge? Seriously? A torque gauge?

That is about the lamest and stupidest thing I've seen yet. What sort of demographic is supposed to find this appealing? Is this supposed to impress the NOPI car show judges?

I have waited years for this car and very much want to love it. I've owned a handful of Camaros, every one bought new except for the '68. I've seriously enjoyed my 4th gen both as a daily driver and a racer. I've owned nothing but GM. My family has owned nothing but GM.

But after seeing this torque gauge business, I found myself on Ford's website pricing a new Mustang. I can't believe I actually did that to tell the truth but it seems the writing is on the wall.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they impress me. I'll wait until I'm able to kick the tires to make up my mind but it seems I'm finding more things I don't like about this car every week. I'm losing faith....
What's wrong with having a torque gauge? My GTP had a boost gauge, it was a fun thing to watch. How do we even know that gauge will be on production Camaros? Again, some here have already jumped to whatever conclusions come to mind, right after being shown some unauthorized internet spy pix.

Personally, I'll be happy with the car either way - with or without a Tq gauge. Unlike some others here (who will apparently shy away from an entire car due to ONE GAUGE ) - I'm able to discriminate between the forest, and the trees.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Earth. You?
Oh, I'm from the planet where people wait until a product is RELEASED before they decide about buying it.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:57 PM

I hate it. I dislike the stereo setup. The climate control looks terrible. The vents just dont look right.

I hate the speedo and tach area, looks horrible.

I like the gauge cluster in front of the shifter. Its kinda retro and interesting. Please god no Tq gauge. Id prefer, a water temp, oil pressure, voltage and some sort of fuel pressure. A vacuum gauge would be cool as well.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:57 PM

Oh, I'm from the planet where people wait until a product is RELEASED before they decide about buying it.
You can't possibly be from that planet, because you've decided a long time ago.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:58 PM

Anybody consider the torque gauge as just a placeholder for a future psi gauge...maybe?? Or, it measures rear-wheel torque? That would fit the L76's outputs.

And seriously - you're (plural) fretting over a gimmick gauge?? C'mon - who's gonna use that for any serious purpose? It has none!...what other mainstream car has something like that??? It's a cool, neat little aspect to the car. It's just there...to be there. That's it's only function.

I'm going to sit back and watch more people...(or what are they being called now? The Ten?) Gonna watch people overthink these photos, and smile. Holding in a well-deserved "We told you so." for later,
Old 01-26-2008, 06:59 PM

im from the same planet as big, i like the idea of a torque gauge

besides theyre the gauges that people dont NEED to see at all times

o man a HUD would be awsome!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 PM

I have not posted here in a long time, but I had to put my two cents in on this. I have concerns about how well I will like the interior, I know its not done but i'm not loving it like I am the exterior.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 PM

I think the torque gauge is silly, and for whatever reason, I kind of doubt it will be on the production car, so I'm not sweating it.

ROFLOL. Ya think?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:15 PM

Its growing on me. I also think the torque gauge is gonna turn into a boost.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 PM

Cry babies! Damn I sure hope you go buy a mustang if a torque gauge upsets you so much. Maybe you guys would happier if they put a gauge to monitor when you should change your tampon. These new pics make me feel a lot better except for one thing. The speedo is in 20mph increments. I hate that, my girlfriend's mini has that and it is a pain when you are trying to go 35, 45, ext. But I can't believe all of you are complaining about a torque gauge, I think it's a cool add on and cool way to fill a gap. Maybe you guys would be happy with a nice dependable and lame aveo. You can stop waiting and go buy that right now. Oh and if you go buy a mustang let me know how that's working out for you guys and a year and a half.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:17 PM

You're wearing out the roll eyes emoticon. It no longer has the desired effect when it's in every one of your posts....

What's wrong with having a torque gauge?
It's gimmicky. It's lame. It is obviously aimed at the poser crowd (Look at my torques yo!). It serves no purpose beyond impressing the easily impressed. My opinion of course but also shared by my gadget loving wife.

My GTP had a boost gauge, it was a fun thing to watch.
Congratulations. So does my wife's GTP. However, I generally do not base my car buying decisions on whether or not they have fun things to watch on the dash. In fact, I try to steer clear of such useless crap when possible.

Case in point - So exactly how much boost were you getting with your GTP? Oh right, it just an idiot light. Lights up some "fun to watch" segments when you're in the boost. No real value beyond your entertainment.

How do we even know that gauge will be on production Camaros?
Ummm... I'll take "Final Testing" for $1000 Alex. Preproduction starts this fall. They're in the last round of testing. They wouldn't be wasting their time on something that isn't going to make into some production model. Hopefully it'll be relegated to the V6 cars only.

I do give a hearty thumbs up to the oil temp gauge though. Bravo. Seriously. I lament the fact it won't be there on the production car. This was after all just a test mule right?

Again, some here have already jumped to whatever conclusions come to mind, right after being shown some unauthorized internet spy pix.
What conclusions should we make? You mean the car isn't going to have the features we have seen? These are decoys? What?

Personally, I'll be happy with the car either way - with or without a Tq gauge. Unlike some others here (who will apparently shy away from an entire car due to ONE GAUGE )
Ahh... my favorite point making emoticon. Checkmate. No arguing with that one.

Perhaps, just perhaps, some of us are a wee bit more discerning as consumers than you are. Ever think of that?

Maybe, just maybe, we pour our hard earned bucks into something that reflects just a bit of who we are and then we hang onto that purchase for many years. Obviously we would have to live with the things we don't like for a long time. Not everybody turns over cars at the rate you apparently do. How 'bout that one? Ever think of that?

I'm able to discriminate between the forest, and the trees.
Which means what exactly?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:18 PM

agreed, and on top of that the mustang model will probably change soon but this is a brand new look

30mph incraments would be good
Old 01-26-2008, 07:20 PM

I'm happy with where I live now. And you?

Quick Reply: [Interior] New Interior Photos of 2009 Chevy Camaro