Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Red Formula appearance help?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 08:47 PM

Red Formula appearance help?!

Alright GOt a red formula. only thing its got is tint .
Lookin for ideas. It had been repainted before i got it and the guys didnt put Formula stickers back on it. It only has Performance by Gugliotti stickers.. Anything?
oh and remmber im poor
Old 05-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

You can go to Wal-Mart and get some mailbox stickers for about a buck for an entire sheet and spell out "Formula"

Seriously though, if you are looking for the "Formula" decals in the right font, I can make you some for pretty cheap... probably even within your budget

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

Another thing you can do that isn't overly expensive (less than $300) but changes the looks completely is to lower the car about 1.5 to 2" with something like Eibach Pro Kit springs or the Jamex springs or something similar. Next would be wheels but those can get a bit pricey. Watch eBay and the For Sale forum and you can sometimes pick up a pretty nice set with good tires for under $1000.

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2004, 10:18 PM

Thanks

Thanks man.. Il post some pics thsi summer when i get the car done and let you all know how it turns out. lol like u all give a damn.
Both bumpers have spider cracks all over the place so looks like a summer deal for me. Brother had the same problem in the 94z. Im llooking at the newer Tail lights for 40 bucks. the honey comb ones.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by 94redz6sp
Thanks man.. Il post some pics thsi summer when i get the car done and let you all know how it turns out. lol like u all give a damn.
Both bumpers have spider cracks all over the place so looks like a summer deal for me. Brother had the same problem in the 94z. Im llooking at the newer Tail lights for 40 bucks. the honey comb ones.
You've got spider web cracks in the new paint too??? Damn... are your mirrors broke?

As for the pics... actually, you'd be surprised at how many people here click links to look at the other members cars! Post your pics and I'm sure lots of people will check them out
Old 05-19-2004, 10:31 PM

check out my site to give you some ideas. http://www.cardomain.com/id/predatorbird i have a red firebird that looks like a formula. i like a plain and simple "clean" looking car. hope that helps give you some ideas.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:45 PM

Spider cracks

All the firebirds/newer body camaros have these thigns. all of them weve seen/owned. The clear coat or something cracks. Just sand it down to the rubber and fix the tears and repaint it. good as new. everything elseis fine.
Cept the *** that had it before me decided to drive thrgouh a raod that just had the white edge liens painted and it pslattered on the wheel wells on the out side . i dont know if i should try a clay block or what im gonna do
Old 05-20-2004, 06:19 AM

I take it the spider webs are in the front and rear bumpers?

I have a bunch there, and from what I can tell the flex-additive in the paint that GM used, was pretty poor. I've had some urethane parts painted before and I could bend them very extremely without cracking the paint, if the paint is done correctly.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:33 AM

Cracked bumper

Yea your right its the front and back bumper. Dont know if they fixxed that problem on the newer ones or not?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

I've got 5 of these 4th gens right now and had 6 about a month ago. Lots of my friends have them too. I've owned the early ones and late ones and I have not seen the bumpers just crack on their own ever I've never heard of it either.

Spider webbing on urethane bumpers like we have is caused by impacts... either something ran into it, or it ran into something.

Seriously though, I have never heard of bumper paint cracking being an issue on these cars ever. I suspect you guys may have bought your car used or something and the previous owner got into a slight accident or bumped a pole or something like that.

Old 05-20-2004, 09:48 AM

I have a red formula firehawk and the chrome wheels make all the difference in the world. But, if I was going to do another one, I would pick up a set of cheap 17's and have them powdercoated black. Finish it off with a ram air hood and you have a one clean looking car. There was one of these in High Performance Pontiac a couple months back, looked awesome!
Old 05-20-2004, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by Predatorbird
check out my site to give you some ideas. http://www.cardomain.com/id/predatorbird i have a red firebird that looks like a formula. i like a plain and simple "clean" looking car. hope that helps give you some ideas.
hehe... I was getting ready to post pics of my car, then I realized it had already been done! That's a sharp ride!

I agree with Brent on lowering the car. It makes a ton of difference. I went with Jamex springs. This pic is with 17x8 and 17x10 Boyd Smoothie II's, !side molding, taillight blackouts, and 5% tint all around. The car's not lowered in that pic, though.

Here's my new Outlaw Warbird hood from U.S. Exotics. It's got a 3 1/2" raise on it. You can also see the !side molding a little better here. You can also add foglights to the nostrils in the nose if you want. I just finished doing that to mine.

Fred