Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Or Nitto 555r

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:27 AM

Smile Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Or Nitto 555r

Im trying to decide on a new tire. Right now I have the Yokohama A520. Does either tire have an advantage over the other. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Or Nitto 555r

Two different tires.... the GS-D3 is a "street" tire, starting with 10/32" tread. Rave reviews for wet and dry tracton and cornering capabilities. Won't have the same straight line traction as a drag radial.

The 555R is a drag radial, starting with 6/32" tread, and not designed for optimum cornering or wet street driving. They will wear out a lot faster. Probably the best "drag radial" for the street. But its not going to handle as well, or give as good wet traction at the DS-D3.

You have to decide if you want to favor drag performance over excellent all-round street manners.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:00 AM

^ hit it right on the head as usual!

THe GS-D3's have excellent reviews. What changed my mind was the Road and track edition where they tested the NEW ZO6....You know what tires come on that? .....

Eagle F1's...... I figured if they're good enough for a 500hp VETTE .....they'll be MORE than sufficient for my 350hp Camaro.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:02 PM

I dont think the GS-D3's come on the Z06, probably just the F1 Supercars or something like that.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:00 PM

I was looking at the GS-D3 but i didnt want to spend $1200 on street tires. They seem to average 10-20k miles and for a daily driver thats a new set every 1 1/2 - 2 years. Think of the money you can save by going for an average tire and then using that money on mods. unless money isnt a problem for you.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Administrator

But then all the mods in the world won't produce any results unless you can put the power to the rear wheels......
Old 06-24-2006, 02:10 AM

^
that is correct!
Slicks & Skinnies for the track

Low Profile Street rubber for DD duties!

If you're thinkin 20k miles in advance, this is the only alternative.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:23 AM

MY car is a total DD. I've had BFG KD on the rear for 1yr and 4 months. I'll be suprised if I don't go at least until Jan on the KD because there is still much tread left. This is a competition worthy tire w/ a 200 tread wear rating too.

People refer to the GY F1. Well, F1 what? The GSD3 is an F1, and the Supercar, but so is the GS (crappy stock tires on SS and WS6). Saying F1 is like saying BFG G-force. Well which G-force? Because you have the KD, KDW, KDWS, and Sport. The Supercars are very good tires. I wouldn't dismiss them like someone did. They're more than JUST a tire.

Tires can make or break your car. Better tires can help you accelerate quicker, handle better and brake faster. Average tires will make your car just that...average. Whats the point in modding a car and retaining average performance because someone is too cheap to buy tires that can handle it?

Ptown, if your car is DD...get a street tire. If its a weekend toy, R compound.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 06-24-2006 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:52 PM

Thumbs down Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Or Nitto 555r

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
MY car is a total DD. I've had BFG KD on the rear for 1yr and 4 months. I'll be suprised if I don't go at least until Jan on the KD because there is still much tread left. This is a competition worthy tire w/ a 200 tread wear rating too.

People refer to the GY F1. Well, F1 what? The GSD3 is an F1, and the Supercar, but so is the GS (crappy stock tires on SS and WS6). Saying F1 is like saying BFG G-force. Well which G-force? Because you have the KD, KDW, KDWS, and Sport. The Supercars are very good tires. I wouldn't dismiss them like someone did. They're more than JUST a tire.

Tires can make or break your car. Better tires can help you accelerate quicker, handle better and brake faster. Average tires will make your car just that...average. Whats the point in modding a car and retaining average performance because someone is too cheap to buy tires that can handle it?

Ptown, if your car is DD...get a street tire. If its a weekend toy, R compound.
And here I thought you ran the great Goodyear GDS3 tires on your car, but you run cheap BFG tires. Well so much for your BS on tires.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:00 PM

Lol, since when has the BFG KD been cheap??? They'll out perform what you're rolling on and the GSD3 in dry.

If you think the KD is "cheap" as in crappy, you REALLY need to get a clue about tires. Now I see where you got your Sumi owns GY BS and the idea that your HTRZ2 is the same as the GSD3. Its from your apparent lack of knowlege on the subject.

I see you're still bitter about the last post where you were proven wrong....

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 06-24-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:59 PM

Thumbs down Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Or Nitto 555r

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Lol, since when has the BFG KD been cheap??? They'll out perform what you're rolling on and the GSD3 in dry.

If you think the KD is "cheap" as in crappy, you REALLY need to get a clue about tires. Now I see where you got your Sumi owns GY BS and the idea that your HTRZ2 is the same as the GSD3. Its from your apparent lack of knowlege on the subject.

I see you're still bitter about the last post where you were proven wrong....
Only your know it all BS is what I get tied of and braging about tires you never used.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:08 PM

So since you are all knowing, lets hear how the BFG KD is cheap. I want facts not your opinion.

Sorry if I can back my "know it all BS" with facts that you can't dispute. Sorry that my facts disprove all your made up BS and your opinion you try to pass off as fact.

Its very apparent you have NOTHING to bring to this except your attacks on me. You don't like me, fine. When you post some REAL facts I'll agree with you. Until then I'll continue to show how much of an unknowlegable poser you really are. I don't have to own something to know it is good just like I don't have to own a Z06 to know they're a great performing car. I have ran cheap tires like yours in the past and I know how cheap tires perform and they aren't anywhere near the KD or GSD3.

Then again, maybe if my car only trapped 98 MPH the Sumi would seem like a good tire too.... So try posting again when you have something to say besides these lame attacks on me, because its painfully obvious your knowlege of tires doesn't go much beyond them being black, round, and rubbery.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 06-24-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:05 AM

The BFG KD's are AWESOME tires when its dry out, but throw some water at them and they get kinda scary. The GS-D3's are excellent all around tires that perform very well on dry pavement and very well in the rain as well.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:05 AM

@ BFG's being 'cheap'
Old 06-25-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by eagleknight97
The BFG KD's are AWESOME tires when its dry out, but throw some water at them and they get kinda scary. The GS-D3's are excellent all around tires that perform very well on dry pavement and very well in the rain as well.
I haven't had any probs with them on wet except taking off from a stop, but I don't push it when its wet either. Then again, I also don't slow down just because its wet. I agree, there are better wet weather tires though.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Or Nitto 555r