West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Spectator Ticket - what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 03:44 AM

Post Spectator Ticket - what to do?

got a ticket tonight. friend was racing, got caught. so he gets a drag racing ticket, and i get one too, but it says passenger on it. what does that mean? spectator, right? anyways, anyone ever got this dismissed, or whats the best way to handle this? any suggestions would be greatful.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:46 AM

Angry

To me that's such BS. If you're not commiting a crime and have no power over it there's nothing that can be done. The cop was a loser for giving you a ticket on something dumb like that.

------------------
* 1998 Trans Am A4
* 292 RWHP / 309 Torque
* before cam and FLPs
* 330 RWHP / 334 Torque
* mods: G2 sway bars, KB DD subframes, Tbyrne LCAs - panhard rod - & ported MAF ends, TR 224/224 112LSA 561 cam, FLPs, whisper c/f lid, K&N, HAL/QA shocks, NGK TR55 plugs, FTRA, custom tuning and a few other things.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:31 AM

I believe being there (watching) is considered encouragement. Simple citation.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:01 AM

bullsh*t citation if you ask me. the law is so screwed up now they look for any way they can to get money from people by writing bs tickets. id just get a lawyer and refuse to pay it, like you had a brake pedal on your side to stop the guy from racing you shouldve refused to sign the ticket. i got a stupid ticket once, i came out of a parking lot and just yielded instead of coming to a complete stop. next thing i know i see a cop come flying out of the parking lot (without stopping of course) and pulled me over. i sat there and argued with the moron for about 20 minutes, refusing to sign the ticket cause he did the same thing. still got the ticket but went to court and asked the judge "how many times have you pulled out of a parking lot onto a street without stopping?", and i made it a clear point that the cop didnt stop comming out of the same parking lot. instant dismissal.

------------------
1989 350/N20 IROC-Z M6
-T56
-Chip
-150 Wet Shot
(273RWHP 361RWTQ)
(314FWHP 415FWTQ) (15% factor)

[This message has been edited by mr diabolical (edited June 20, 2002).]
Old 06-20-2002, 01:36 PM

yea i thought this was pretty stupid, but i did not want to chance going to jail to argue with the guy, so i just signed it. i just called a lawyer and they said they can get it dismissed or deferred. thank goodness.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:06 PM

Cool

glad to hear that.

more than likely the guy wont remember you, next time you see him in civilian clothes and your not in your car, give him the finger!
Old 06-20-2002, 02:52 PM

hahahahaha
Old 06-20-2002, 10:10 PM

Take it to the track, watch all night. I use to go out and watch but its just not worth it any more. Cops are not trying ring money out of you, they are trying to put a cap on a very big problem. Street Racing is a crime, its not an entitled right. Cops are trying to put an end to it. Grow up.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:30 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mark94BlueZ:
got a ticket tonight. friend was racing, got caught. so he gets a drag racing ticket, and i get one too, but it says passenger on it. what does that mean? spectator, right? anyways, anyone ever got this dismissed, or whats the best way to handle this? any suggestions would be greatful. </font>
Take it to a lawyer and they'll go to court for you, differ it and the worst you'll get is probation for 3 months. Just make sure you don't get another spectating or racing ticket in the same area for that period of time.

------------------
1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS #597
What?
Old 06-20-2002, 11:03 PM

ok, i got a lawyer that said they will either dismiss it or get it deferred. im sure ill get deferred, so ill juat have to stay outta dallas. yea right....
going to the track sucks IMO. i have to drive an hour to get there, wait in line for an hour, make a few passes, then drive another hour home.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:25 AM

That's the same reason people street race in San Antonio, because RCR is a little out of their way, plus they have to pay $15 to get their *** handed to them by something like the 72' Chevy Nova that lives on my street. (Blower, supercharger, slicks, DOZENS of bolt-ons, etc.)

Lighten up, you shouldn't tell him to grow up. It was his friend that was racing/driving. I thought a spectator ticket was for WATCHING street racing, not actually being in the car. If that was the case, the cops could have gave my preacher a speeding ticket, and his wife and son a spectator ticket. He was in a hurry to catch the Lewis vs. Tyson fight and accelerated up to 90 while next to an Accord. They both accelerated pretty fast for a while, so it LOOKED like they were racing.

The cops are @$$holes whose job is to HARASS ANYONE with a sports car, if you ask me, THEY need to grow up. I got pulled over TWICE in the same day for "no front license plate". In actuality, I got pulled over because I was young and driving a sports car, NOT because I didn't have a front plate. I see at least 8 cars a day with no front plate, but everyone driving them is like 30+ and they drive Camry's, Kia's, Neons, and stuff like that. I even seen a City of San Antonio vehicle with no REAR plate.