West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

FOR SALE: 95 Firehawk - time is of the essence, ALL offers entertained!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:29 AM

FOR SALE: 95 Firehawk - time is of the essence, ALL offers entertained!

1995 Pontiac Formula Firehawk #608

Bright Red
Graphite leather interior
Hard-top
315hp
SLP " 2 on the left" exhaust
6-speed Hurst
Firehawk floor mats
Firehawk dash plaque
Firehawk suspension
K&N air filter
Strut tower brace
Autometer shift light
Air/Fuel ratio gauge
Monsoon CD player w/equalizer
117k miles
New high-flow catalytic converter just installed
Front and rear brake job in May
Was just inspected and scheduled maintenance performed.

Make offers, trying to by house and need the cash. This is our third vehicle and we don't need or use it any longer. I HATE to part with her, it breaks my heart. However, priorities have changed.

Pics here (foglights removed):
http://community.webshots.com/album/102869378wVNATc

- This car was featured on Speedvision's American Muscle Car SLP show in May of 2001.
- Extra passenger-side window motor included. (Window on car works fine, this is extra just in case. Friend owned a junk yard and gave it to me.)
- Water pump was just replaced a couple months ago.
- She's been garaged most of her existence.
- Live in Austin, Texas. Can deliver to most central Texas areas.
- Being an older car, she is not perfect. There are minor details that will need some tending to that I do not have the time nor money to do myself at this point.
- No trades or financing offers, please. I need the entire sum for this car at once for our closing costs for the house.

She is in fanstastic shape for her age and anyone who's seen her always thinks she's much newer than she is. Again, I HATE to part with her but I must.

All reasonable offers entertained.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:35 PM

Re: FOR SALE: 95 Firehawk - time is of the essence, ALL offers entertained!

Good luck selling this car Jenny! Wish I could pick it up as a toy.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:46 PM

Thanks
Old 04-04-2005, 01:49 AM

$5000 takes this car.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Firehawk95
$5000 takes this car.
My Friend who goes to UT may be interested in this car, i need to call him.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:59 AM

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:48 AM

Jenny, could you please e-mail current pics of the car to jeremy@uniqueindl.com ? I have one just like this and my dad said he would be interested in getting one. Also, could you elaborate on the minor details that need attention? I imagine most of them would not be a problem as I already have this identical car.

Congrats on getting the house!

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 PM

Yes i am also intersted in the details and do you have any interior pics.
Kyeh.11@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2005, 02:34 PM

Thanks all

I'll add some info on the details here. For the 8-9k I was originally asking for the car I would have fixed these items and put her back to show quality, but I just can't do that for $5k. I'm sure you understand!

I am the 2nd owner of the car. I bought it from a girl in 1998 who owned 3 vehicles at the time. It had 30k on it when I purchased it, and at the time she was using it to drive to and from the gym. Her ex-husband was very wealthy and she just didn't need the car very often. The opti has been replaced once since I've owned her (by Norris Motorsports in Orlando, FL) and the water pump twice, the last time less than 6 months or so ago.

The clutch was last replaced 3 years or so ago I believe. It's a Spec Star clutch. No major trouble with the motor or tranny, though I do think the clutch is probably about due for a changing. She is completely driveable, she does seem to slip a bit from time to time if you put the pedal to the floor though not with average driving and not all the time.

Standard LT1 exhaust leak at the manifolds. I bought the gaskets, but didn't have the tools (or muscle) to do this myself. These are stock manifolds and therefore headers would really be the best thing for this car, I just never made the investment on the SLP shorties like I wanted. Otherwise with the right wrench, this is easy enough to fix if you want to change them out yourself. Everyone I've known with an LT1 has put headers on it, or had to change these gaskets out.

There is a dent in the right-rear quarter panel. It's noticable but the paint isn't cracked. My friend Joe in Georgia has a body shop in his home and has owned SEVERAL F-bodies and was going to fix it for me. He has the GM #81 paint and everything to do it, I just didn't drive her up there and drop her off. She was my only car, couldn't really be without her for a couple of weeks in order to do that. Planned to do it on my next trip up to see my family in Atlanta, but moved to Austin before that ever came about. My dad also has a body shop and could have done the same for me but again, I couldn't be without the car for that long.

The switch for the brights needs to be replaced, I believe that the lever mechanism when you pull up to turn them on is what is broken. The turn signals work fine, however. The Eagle wheels need center caps.

The interior is in great condition. There's a couple minor things that need to be fixed which include a crack in the middle dash piece near the vent, which can be replaced and look just like new. Though I used a sunshade when not garaged, I'm certain it was sun damage as I just came out from work one day and it was cracked. (Only so much you can do living in Florida, I guess.) There's and a rip in the leather and the plastic trim piece where the seat belt is on the left of the driver's seat. I've seen this on other F-bodies, also. The rest is in really good shape.

Again, she's not perfect but she's FAR from a piece of junk. She just needs a little help. For the $8k I was asking it would have been really easy to fix all of it, but I can't do that now. She was owned and driven by an enthusiast, someone who loved and cared for her, always leather-conditioned the seats and waxed her with Zaino. I spent hours just keeping her detailed and clean.

I'm no mechanic, but I know my car very well and she was looked over by several mechanics before I left Florida and they said she looked great to make the trip and for her age. No one ever believes she's a '95.

Not sure if you know this, but some Firehawk parts are replaceable with the VIN#. You call SLP and provide them the VIN and they will mail you out the parts. Not ALL parts (like wheels) are available, but you can probably find some off a salvage Firehawk. Same with the hood if you ever wreck it. This protects you as an owner. Some Joe
out there can't just go out and buy wheels and a hood and stick it on his Formula and say it's a Firehawk. It just can't be done. However, if you get in an accident and need new decals or your airbox is cracked and you need a new one, they offer replacements on those kinds of things with the VIN.

It's kinda neat being a Firehawk owner just for the distinction. You can go to carshows and stand out. Not many will have a car like yours, and it's numbered so it will just increase in value if you keep it nice. Just something to think about if you're really considering this car. I know it will take a small bit of money to get her perfect, but she's absolutely driveable and mean as a wolverine. Hell, she's been on Speedvision!

Again, I had originally listed the car here for $8k with the plans of amending the above listed things and making the car show-ready again. I can't do that for $5, which is why she goes in the condition she's currently in. With school and buying a house I simply can't put anymore money into this car. I'm hoping she'll go to a good home where someone can spend the time and money on her that I just can't right now. It really sucks, but that's what life has dealt me and I've come to terms with it. The day I put the sign in her window was a damn hard day. (Yes, I cried.) So whomever takes this car must promise to take good care of her.

Thank you.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:36 PM

Also, I can get pics soon. She's currently in need of a bath with all the dust storms, family parties, etc we've had to go to. Please bear with me.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:41 AM

Is the car sold? Your mailbox is full.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:49 PM

Sorry about the PM box, I upgraded to supporting member so you can PM me again if you like. I wasn't online this weekend.

No, she's not technically sold yet.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:49 AM

SOLD - Pending pickup!

Thanks everyone for your interest! You all are a fantastic bunch.