West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Anyone in the Corpus Chrisit Area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 08:48 PM

He has done all kinds of work on my cars and trucks. The number over there is 994-8515. Lets all find a day we can meet together at the shop!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:55 PM

Lightbulb

I saw that someone asked about the racing. A bunch of us race with the Porsche club. There is nothing like passing a 911 in an "old V8 straight axle car". We are all going to a great race in the valley on November 9-10. There will likely be over 50 cars there. All you need to race is a car, a liscense and some guts! (notice...no brains necessary). Email me if you might be interested or want more info on the regular races.

Last edited by ledfoot2; 10-28-2002 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:22 PM

Damn I caught this thread hella late. Ok there is a new shop way out Weber they are rather new I hear they do a whole lot of work like superchargers and they will fill your nitrous. Im not sure about the head work, if you cant get it done there go to AutoTech Im not sure where it is but they fill nitrous too. I am currently living in Austin but will move back to Corpus in May, Auto America is a good place my friend has gotten work done there you will know because he has an Auto America sticker at the top of his windsheild. As for the road racing the track is down Saratoga before you get to Ayers and after Kostoryz. You turn at the light by the Natatorium, thats the big place looks like a gymnasium, go all the way down till you find an abandoned hanger and before that its the last right. Go to the gate and proceed on. If you want to go find something of a race elsewhere go to Snapka's on Leopard its a bit of a drive im not exactly sure where on Leopard but not hard to miss lots of hot rods. I believe its the first and last friday of the month they meat out there. Or you can travel down staples to the old Cine 6 theater on friday or saturday nights and tease the ricers, but go to the back thats where the f-bodies and the rest of the muscle are.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:25 PM

hey bluethunder or anyone-----Do you know if any of those shops do an LS1 edit (computer reprogram)? Also what about a dyno, how much?

Last edited by MARSTAUT; 10-29-2002 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:30 PM

I have never heard of anyone having a dyno in Corpus, I believe someone has a chassis dyno in the Callalen area.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:45 PM

I think there is a shop in town with a dyno. A friend I race with has a M3 he races and he was weighing the corners at the shop on a scale they had.

You guys interested in a F-body club here in Corpus?
Old 10-29-2002, 08:54 PM

lol as long as you don't mind my slow poke car there!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:56 PM

I think an F-Body club would be great to have in Corpus, I know me and my friend, who has a 93 formula would like to be involved. I guess it would just have to be done right.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:09 PM

Lets get a email list together of people who would like to get together. Email me at thekinmans@the-i.net with your info and we'll get one going!!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 02:41 PM

ya, I interested in an f-body club, my e-mail is marstaut@hotmail.com and nothingeined (maurice)---after we get done with your car, that won't be a problem.
but on another note I really need to get rid of a set of headers I have. If anyone has a 98-99 LS1 camaro or Transam you can't pass this up there edelbrock stainless steel headers, very high quality, I paid more than $470 for them and I need to get rid of them quick so all I want for them is $300. If you or you know anyone that might be interested or have more questions give me a call 215-7018 ask for Marshall. They are brand new still in the box. I would rather sell locally because of shipping charges so anyone from around here has first dibs.

Last edited by MARSTAUT; 10-30-2002 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:41 PM

There is already a F-Body Club. CCFB and Im in it. We meet every month and we also go out on weekends. Email me and I can put you on the mailing list. ccfbody@yahoo.com

Andrew
Old 11-05-2002, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by ledfoot2
I think there is a shop in town with a dyno. A friend I race with has a M3 he races and he was weighing the corners at the shop on a scale they had.

You guys interested in a F-body club here in Corpus?
I am very intrested if there is a dyno in town. Also I am going to check out the shops for welding in some SFC's for me. And I'll check on the CCFB club also. Later>>>>>>>>
Old 12-04-2002, 09:38 PM

I'm new to the board and I just stumbled accross this topic. I'm from the Corpus area, student at A&M and also drive a V6 . Is anything still going on as far as a track or anything down here? Thanks, Brett.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:54 PM

Hey Brett,
There is a lot going on in Corpus. Several of us race F-body's at Cabaniss field. There was three out last weekend. There is a race a week from Saturday. They have all kinds of classes and it only costs $20. Email me for some more info. We are trying to get as many F-body's involved as we can.
Rayman
Old 12-05-2002, 10:36 AM

hey rayman did juan tell you I got a better time then his best on sunday. looks like you have some comp. now. also I just bought a set a 99' C5 rims on ebay they-----their going to fit my Z right? I heard somewhere that the back spacing is alittle different on the Z's than the TA's. ----- now I just need to find some cheep tires. I don't want to thrash my new nittos.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Corpus Chrisit Area?