CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   West South Central (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/west-south-central-27/)
-   -   Anyone in the Corpus Chrisit Area? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/west-south-central-27/anyone-corpus-chrisit-area-40103/)

MARSTAUT 10-25-2002 07:32 PM

Anyone in the Corpus Chrisit Area?

If so where are the good performance shops, specifically looking for a shop that can port and polish LS1 heads and do custom computer programing, If there are any there ain't very many. Also where's the dang Track in this town, I have heard of some old landing strip out on saratoga where they race on the second sunday of the month but can't find that b!tch.

nothingeined 10-25-2002 10:42 PM

sorry don't know any shops, about the track though you just get ayers all the way and its almost near the landfill area, i think:confused: someone posted a great shop here but i forgot the name. ill look it up in a little bit and post it.

nothingeined 10-25-2002 10:50 PM

okay its called Auto America and the owner cruises a firebird that he races so he should have some info on what you want to do.

MARSTAUT 10-26-2002 12:31 PM

Sweet I'll look him up.

MARSTAUT 10-26-2002 02:16 PM

hey do you think or know of anyone who fill N2O bottles and installs N2O systems?

nothingeined 10-26-2002 04:50 PM

hmm......i have a friend who has a nos setup in his car (dodge neon) so ill ask him where he gets his bottle filled. he said he installed the nos setup himself so ill ask him too on how he did or if he knows someone familiar with installing them in camaros.

MARSTAUT 10-26-2002 07:09 PM

That would help alot, I haven't decided which way I want to go yet-----you know how that goes, but thanks for the help. I from George west about an hour north of cc, but I live here now and go to school at A&M, So I don't have any friends that are in to hot rods. It makes it hard to get any info around Corpus.

nothingeined 10-26-2002 07:20 PM

sure no problem on the info. i have been to gw a couple of times. but if you ever need anything just look me up. not many people are as cool as the people here on this board. a lot fo think there car is all fast but they have no idea what fast is when i saw all the info on this board. your camaro wasnt the one that had the water up to its window on thursday, was it? i felt bad for that person. but yeah ill send you and email or something when i find the info on the nos. just out of curiosity what mods do you have on your car?

MARSTAUT 10-26-2002 09:17 PM

where to begin hmmm----Edelbrock shorty headers (Oh if your interested I have an extra pair of these same headers for sell brand new) Gutted cats, Cutout or flowmaster, 02 sims, Borla Y-pipe, whisper lid, K&N, free ram air mod, TB bypass, HPP 3, 160 degree therm, !EGR, Custom strut tower brace, BMR lower control arms, Home ported and polished MAF sensor, chrome Z06 18" rims-- Nitto 245's in front and 285's in back, jet electonic shift kit, NGk r55 plugs, magnacore plug wires, and front and back G2 swaybars on the way, thats everything I can think of right now, could be a couple more.
What about you?

MARSTAUT 10-26-2002 09:20 PM

Oh No it wasn't me window deep in the water thank god, I feel for him too.

nothingeined 10-26-2002 10:01 PM

wow sounds like you know what you are doing! how much do you want for the headers? my car has zero mods right now cause i have been spending my money else where. but my car is a v6. will the headers work and what do they do? also how did you do the free ram air mod? i have tried to do it but i have no idea. id pay you what you want if you help me set that up. and any other free mods you got going there? if you could help me with me that like i said ill pay you no prob. thanks

MARSTAUT 10-27-2002 11:07 AM

I just figured you had an LS1 (V8), so the headers won't fit your car. Headers replace your exhaust manifold to let air flow more freely, but I'm sure you can buy a V6 setup.
No problem, I'll help you squeeze out a couple free horsepower out of your car.
Ya, I thought I knew alot about cars until I started on this Forum, Now I know I still have alot to learn. If you want a head start on the free mods go to LS1.com---thats where I got all of them, I believe that the V6 is'nt that different, but they have alot of pics and stuff. http://ls1.com/index_ls1_mods.html

nothingeined 10-27-2002 04:08 PM

thanks a lot. just send me an email MSan595240@aol.com when you have a chance to help me out. i get payed friday so that would be a good time. i work most of the week at best buy, so if you need help there let me know. thanks for the website too but like i said im not mechicanically inclined so some of those mods were way over my head. hope you can help me out. but if you can't thats cool too.

ledfoot2 10-28-2002 05:34 PM

Hey everyone. Auto America rocks for F-Body's. Juan is the owner that races his silver Firebird. We have been trying to get a F-body club together in corpus. Let me know if you are interested. We do a lot of road-racing and are looking for more people to join a club.

MARSTAUT 10-28-2002 07:33 PM

hell ya I interested when do ya'll get together? What kind of work deos Juan do on the f-bodies, heads and cams, N2O and so on?