West North Central Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

Where to buy porting materials and supplies?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 08:49 PM

Where to buy porting materials and supplies?

Hey all, just putting up a question as I've read about it, but don't have time for shipping so I need something local that I can drive to and pick up.

Where can I go to pick up carbide bits, and grinding stones for porting aluminum? I have to siamese my plenum, and port match my lower intake for my TPI car. I had some stuff for my dremel, but its mostly small scale and not really suited to removing the amount of material I'll need to for the intake. Though the dremel does an excellent job of polishing and getting to tight spots, it just takes TOO long. Where can I get supplies for a standad electric drill. Been to home depot, but not really sure what to pick-up.

I"ve read about the Standard Abrasives Porting Kit, and the one with Carbide bits. I have a titanium carbide bit for my dremel, but the damn thing is so small, it really doesn't remove enough material. I don't want to spend 10 hours using a dremel, if I can accomplish it in about 3 hours.