West North Central Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

Speed Ink

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 08:57 AM

Thumbs up Speed Ink

I recenlty purchased a 94 Z28 and imediatly wanted to sup it up.

I really had no idea where to start since this is all new to me.

I heard about SPEED INC. thru a friend, RYAN MILLER. He had a

95 Z28 that was really fast, he was smokin Corvettes, WS6s, and

LS1 Z28s. I asked him where he takes his Z to get work done. He

said, talk to Larry at LS1 SPEED. I then emailed Larry and he

told me everything I needed to know. The best thing about SPEED

is that they have practically everypart for my Camaro in stock,

Their prices are always the cheapest, don't believe me see for

yourself, they beat any price. As for there work, they have great

prices on labor and Larry always tries to get me in as soon as

possible. If your cool with Larry or anyone at SPEED INC. then

they are cool right back. They treat me like a friend and most

importantly my Z28, like it's there own. No other performance

shop could ever match SPEED INC.

will ever even look at my car, SPEED INC. is the best
Old 07-06-2003, 03:55 PM

Sounds like a good place....
Old 07-07-2003, 04:41 PM

How much per hour, or do they have flat rates?
Old 07-07-2003, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by O1FASTWS6
speed inc is a great shop I dont think they need to have people promote there bussiness for them this board is intended to help people trying to find a quality shop to take there car so if you cant help us out dont post here. Ive been going to tom and larry for a few years now and never had a problem.

it seem this stick!#$% guy is always causing trouble. you must have a slow car if u spend all your time on a computer trying to rip on a the best speed shop around.

props speed inc
Hey, obviously if you know how good of a shop they are you must live in this area. So if our cars are slow, we can meet up and set something up and you can put your money where your mouth is.
Also for the record I never had a problem with tom or larry, just the work that was done at their shop and I know that they(tom, larry) aren't directly responsible for what happened. Z-rated they charge by what type on install you're having done, not by the hour or anything.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:39 AM

Hmmm lets delete our post 01fastws6
Old 07-11-2003, 03:28 AM

It always seems to me that this Stick shift person is only out to bash and bad mouth everybody else. I have seen you (stickshift98) around before and to let you know you are only making the problems on this board and every other board you go to, Which is why no one likes your smart *** comments. Plus your only 17 and you run your mouth like your king ****.
It doesnt give you the right to make unnecessary posts about anyone on this board. Stop all your and spend most of your time somewhere else. No one wants to hear you blabble off about your personal problems, if you want to do that, that's what Mommy and Daddy are for!! Have a nice day.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:58 AM

Ya, it seems that way lately, if they would just let things go instead of letting them consume them, especially on here. I am speed Inc is a good place, but everywhere you go, there will be problems once in awhile. Get over it! Have a good one
Old 07-11-2003, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Blown 346
It always seems to me that this Stick shift person is only out to bash and bad mouth everybody else. I have seen you (stickshift98) around before and to let you know you are only making the problems on this board and every other board you go to, Which is why no one likes your smart *** comments. Plus your only 17 and you run your mouth like your king ****.
It doesnt give you the right to make unnecessary posts about anyone on this board. Stop all your and spend most of your time somewhere else. No one wants to hear you blabble off about your personal problems, if you want to do that, that's what Mommy and Daddy are for!! Have a nice day.
Hey blown346, do yourself a favor and take a closer look at my screen name. It's 93 not 98, you have us mixed up. As well you have half the info there wrong, sorry your feelings where hurt by him know why dont YOU go cry to your mommy. Also as for stik98 going around and making problems everywhere here I think you have it wrong buddy, there are a lot of people here that will vouch for him. Next time if you want to go insult somebodys reputation you're gonna need to try a little harder. Good day
Old 07-11-2003, 03:23 PM

Forgot to add guys, go do a search on the posts made by this O1fastws6 guy(it's the letter O not the number by the way), and you'll notice that EVERY one of his posts involves go to speed inc here's their number or here's their website.....Seems kinda funny to me
Old 07-11-2003, 08:15 PM

I think that the bashing of both Stik6shift93 and Stik6shift98 are completely unnecesary. Its true that Stik98 ran his mouth about a subject he felt very strongly about, but who does that not happen to. No biggie in my book. And Stik93, hes just expressing his opinions as well. I personally have no experience with Speed Inc. but if they treet me well if i go there, im gonna say that they do. If they treat me like garbage, im gonna say that also. Opinions are always welcome, just dont blow what is said out of proportion.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:31 AM

First off Stick6shift93 I wasnt referring directly to you, and as for your buddy 98 I wasnt trying to ruin his reputation. All that I was trying to say is we dont want to keep hearing about his problems with whatever shop he goes to. As you know Speed Inc is a well known shop and like said before, everyone has there opinion. There opinion shouldnt be constantly bad mouthing someone else's reputation either. If you have a problem with a shop or someone who did whatever to your car, talk about the problem and what you think was done wrong. it's a whole differnet story when you start to literally bash them for something that there is no proof off. I have had problems too, nothing that big but still a problem and they have bent over backwards to fix what was done wrong or not to my liking. All I am doing is voicing my opinion as well as everyone else on this board, but it shouldnt be takin out of context like i have seen before. So I don't think anyone should worry about this too much more.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:48 AM

Dude I'm sorry but when you get your car back from a heads/cam install and 60 miles later a bearing spins, somethings not right. There were no signs of overrevving ie nicked pistons.....as well three EXTREMELY prominate and reputable engine builders all looked at the motor and came to the same conclusion...something metalic got into one of the bearing. How???Maybe when somebody installed the oil pump, timing gear, and pulley with a screwdriver and gouged the heck out of them some metal shaving could have got into the motor. You or anybody else is more than welcome to come look at all the motor parts. Also not one other bearing was spun in the motor, infact all the other rod bearings were in "pristine condition" as an exact quote. But hey yeah, it was just a coincidence that a bearing spins after only 60 miles when the motor has been hacked. The problem was addressed with larry, I won't go into details but no resolution was met, none whatsoever. These aren't opinons these are hard raw facts, just put 2 and 2 together.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:26 AM

stik98 was also spraying that motor and things can happen. 98's were especially bad for spinning main bearings.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:50 PM

The motor was only sprayed 7 bottles on a 100 shot, go search around and you'll see that there are people that have being spraying 100 shots on their cars for years with no troubles. Also it was a rod bearing not a main that was spun.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:52 PM

Also he never sprayed it for the few miles he had it back with the heads and cam

Quick Reply: Speed Ink