West North Central Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

So....what are your winter projects???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 08:59 PM

Re: So....what are your winter projects???

Me? This winter I'm going to look at it everyday before work and school waiting for spring to arrive so I can drive her. As far as work goes, my only plan is to make sure I make enough money so I can keep on paying the car payment. I don't plan on doing any more modifcations to her till I get her paid off. After that, I'm going to let all hell break loose.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by chesee48
still tryin to finish my 383 swap..
too busy with school, a daily driver and a gf so its hard to have time or the money to finish it..

Been siting on the parts for a while now..
brand new forged 383 stroker shortblock
lloyd heads p/p heads
new waterpump, ac delete, stage 4 tranny etc..

maybe one day?
I'll take either the shortblock or the heads off your hands
Old 10-22-2004, 10:17 PM

Rear end and some suspension. I need to find a way to get all this power to the track so I can get down it. Any suggestions. I'm thinking 3.73 gears, and torque arm. Anything else? I just finished the motor in the sig, so money will be as tight as a duck's *** for a while.

BIZ
Old 10-23-2004, 02:20 AM

I'm rebuilding the engine in my winter beater, I may have it done for spring. If it gets done early I will be doing a full paint job on the 92 TA, Jambs and all. Then hopefully headers, 3" cat back and some LCA's.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:59 PM

I am like a couple of you guys.. I store mine somewhere else as I only have a one car garage and the wife's new jeep goes in there.. I plan on buying a new bumper cover, hood, fenders and headlight header brace and come spring take it all to the body shop for a freshening up. It doesn't look BAD now. just the nose doesn't quite match up and the bumper cover has a crack. The fenders have that wonderful "wave" effect going. and I just want a new hood I am thinking big block style..
Old 12-03-2004, 04:47 PM

update: Car is now officially down for the winter.....so the fun begins....at least until it starts to snow. I have my headers sitting in my room, which I wont install until the snow has melted in the spring. Today I removed my pcm to send in to get re-tuned for 3.73 gears, traction control deletion, abs removal and a few other minor things. I also began to remove my traction control stuff, but it got dark quick and I will have to hope it is nice out tomorrow to see if I can't get that finished. I am also gonna start removing stuff (bolts, alternator valvecovers.......etc..) and either painting or polishing stuff to make my engine bay look really nice. I havent drove my car now for like 3 days and I am already itching to drive it again.....but I am gonna have to wait until spring when I put the insurance back on it. I am looking forward to doing some racing next spring/summer/fall...later.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:52 PM

where did you get your headers and what kind are they? If you need any help with them just give me a holla.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:02 PM

I am finishing my fully built 355 with all the bells and whistles.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:12 PM

dirtybird: Hey man......I got the same ones you have.....the pacesetter longtubes and I got em from schoch performance online. Yea next spring when I go to install em I could probably use some help installing em for sure. catch ya later.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:23 PM

Hey,

My winter project has already started. For the most part i try to keep all of my projects so if i need the car and im working on it...i can just pull it out of the garage. I cleaned our garage since my brothers 3rd gen has been "in the works" for the past 4 years and is in the nice shop in our barn. Right now i am currently saving for a Turbo Tech LT1 turbo kit...includes EVERYTHING i need for $4500. Takes 10-12 hours to install. After that i am saving up for a Strange 12 bolt 3.73 Eaton Posi bolt in rearend. Then its just a matter of how long will my stock components last before i need to buy an EAGLE Forged bottom end, lol.

Dave

BTW: Winter project started with my new Weld Draglites i picked up last night, and yea i still drive my car in the "winter" since everytime it snows it rains the next day and washes the salt off the roads if they even feel like spreading any in my tiny town.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:30 PM

I plan to do cai and long tubes this winter and possibly rocker arms if the funds are available. Also plan on fixing my back speakers cause someone screwed up the wiring to my back speakers so i only have front speakers.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:19 AM

im away at school right now but once winter break comes and im back home i will be putting ls6 intake manifold on, slp lid, ssra, and short shifter.... dont know about you guys but i have a heated garage
Old 12-06-2004, 07:55 AM

it'd take alot of man to not have some kind of heater. Ive got a "heated" garage thanks to my portable 175,000 BTU kerosene heater, lol.

Dave
Old 12-06-2004, 11:34 PM

my winter plans consist of rebuilding my rear with 4.10's and a new auburn posi
i just got pacesetter LT's and ory pipe installed then blew my rear the same night so i should have my haands full for a while LOL