CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   West North Central (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/west-north-central-26/)
-   -   So....what are your winter projects??? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/west-north-central-26/so-what-your-winter-projects-307295/)

MarkyMark 10-06-2004 02:19 PM

So....what are your winter projects???

Just curious what everyone is gonna do to their cars this winter.

I plan on doing headers into true duals, gears......and if things go right I might get me some nitrous.

ltwonz 10-06-2004 03:22 PM

Re: So....what are your winter projects???

Right now it looks like new trans with manual valve body either 700r4 or th350 not sure yet. Longtubes, weight reduction, bigger fuel pump, SFC's, and some QA1's ;) . Plus some more i'm sure will just have to see. I also to have help with a cam swap in a TA, and an LT1 transplant in a 99 s10. :D

Alucard 10-06-2004 06:06 PM

selling the ****ing camaro :rolleyes:

Ponyhntr 10-08-2004 03:57 PM

Well, I need to get the car running now, with the new found power. Then this winter will most likely bring a cage and dialing the car in (tuning).

ScreamnChicken 10-08-2004 04:28 PM

bigger injectors, 9"rear end w/ 4.11s, save up more money, get the heads ported and throw a little spray on her and see what she can do. Oh yeah, and get the converter restalled to around 3400.

PipesTA 10-08-2004 06:19 PM

Gears/rearend, some suspencion, heads/cam, or blower if I get my money together. Other little odds and ends. I'm sure I'll come up with some other stuff, you guys know how it goes.

bozobuttz 10-10-2004 08:31 PM

Ha, lets be realistic people, if everoyone does half of what they plan I would be suprised. All I know is I'm probably not gonna do $h1t besides putting in a new water pump. Its gonna be way too cold in my garage.

MarkyMark 10-11-2004 04:31 PM

Well, I am not gonna technically do my mods in the winter, because your right it is way too cold. I am gonna gather up the parts this winter and when spring hits is when I start to install the stuff.

greatwhitez 10-12-2004 12:51 AM

actually get my 396 to run right, lol actually i have to fix the cracked block problem first, then see what it brings.

simple 10-13-2004 06:10 PM

suspension mods for me and get the tune nailed down on a dyno
everything else is pretty much where i want it to be :)

camz383 10-14-2004 08:20 PM

Well I meant to reply to this first, but then I must have clicked new post or something... so there is a whole post just about whats going on with my car hahaha

I'm sending my heads away to lloyd elliot and getting him to do a custom grind cam for me to match in november. Then work my butt off on christmas break from college here and buy my 12 bolt. Then once feb comes, send the intake out to be powder coated to match the car color and get it ported for a 58mm tb, maybe monoblade, not sure... once spring comes it will be time for true duals and then summer, tubular k member...

crash4cyl 10-15-2004 01:38 PM

see the advance engine tech section under turbo 408 LT1....it's been reduced to a 383, but still planned. 9", TH400 with a brake, suspension work, and fuel system...Lots of work to do before spring hits!!

Teal94Z 10-15-2004 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by bozobuttz
Ha, lets be realistic people, if everoyone does half of what they plan I would be suprised. All I know is I'm probably not gonna do $h1t besides putting in a new water pump. Its gonna be way too cold in my garage.

I will be working on attitude development. Do you need help on the install of yours? :barf:

Back to the post, I will be doing LT's TSP True Duals, FM11 Cam, and rebuilding my T-56. How do I know this? Most of the stuff is sitting in my old room at the parents house!

Z-RATED94 10-15-2004 05:49 PM

Switching to LT's w/ cutout, 3.73 gears installed, and a dyno tune by madwolf are on my list. Oh yeah, and find someone that can set these Comp R lifters properly or I'll put the OEM's back in.

chesee48 10-20-2004 02:02 AM

still tryin to finish my 383 swap..
too busy with school, a daily driver and a gf so its hard to have time or the money to finish it..

Been siting on the parts for a while now..
brand new forged 383 stroker shortblock
lloyd heads p/p heads
new waterpump, ac delete, stage 4 tranny etc..

maybe one day? :(