West North Central Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

LOOK! Possible heads up Class at Eddyville!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:08 PM

LOOK! Possible heads up Class at Eddyville!

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Eddyville Raceway Park. I am just throwing this idea out there to see if there would be interest in a class like this on a few Friday nights during the summer. If we get enough interest in the class, I will talk with the race track management as well as potential sponsors to see if we could get this thing off the ground. I want to bring heads up racing to the area, and am willing to kick in some money out of my own pocket to make this thing work.

Tentative Rules:

•Any engine/transmission combination allowed

•1 type of power adder (alcohol will be considered a power adder). (multiple nitrous stages ok, twin turbo combos ok)

•No weight breaks

•MUST run 10.5” or smaller (sidewall marked) slicks OR any size drag radial. NO 10.5W tires

•No Lexan windows

•Working headlights and tail-lights mandatory

•5 events to be held on Midnight Madness Friday nights.

•Payout $200 to win. Winner takes all. (Drivers in finals could split if they wanted)

•2 rounds of qualifying. (As many test and tune passes as you want otherwise) Pro-style elimination ladder.

•.500 pro-tree.

•$5 extra entry fee on top of regular test and tune.

HEADS UP, RUN WHAT YA BRUNG, AND LETS GET IT DONE!

I know I’m leaving it open to ladder bar and 4 link cars, and the weight break issue may need to be addressed, but we would first need to drum up interest in the class, and see what the first few event turnouts are like. The ban on lexan windows, tire limitations, and working headlights will keep the fast full blown race cars from ruining all the fun. But either way, who doesn’t want to at least take a shot at an extra $200 bucks for just $5 extra?

Please sign this petition if you would be interested in racing in this class http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/eddyvilleheadsup/ Be sure to include where you are from, that way we can tailor our advertising to what looks like the biggest markets!

Location of Eddyville Raceway Park http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...8&z=10&iwloc=A

Thanks for checking it out! I really think this would be a blast on a few Friday nights during the summer.

Let me know if you have any questions. And by all means, I want your input!

Don't forget to sign the petition!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:10 AM

Money doesn't add up

Your idea of an additional $5.00 added to your entry fee doesn't come close to covering the proposed purse. I don't believe that ERP is a non-profit organization. I think you need to rework the money.