V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

What Times/Speeds do you V6's get

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 08:19 PM

Look at me I paid $4K for SS badges.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:56 PM

My friend went 15.9 stock with a 2.3 60ft time...

And that dude with his DAD'S SS, get a life man.
When u actually get YOUR own car, then come back and talk shi*, until then i'd watch what you say...
Old 02-22-2003, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by V6Power
Look at me I paid $4K for SS badges.
Did you get the little key fob too?
Old 02-23-2003, 01:08 AM

I had a V6, and they are good cars. Might not be as fast as an SS, but they are quick for what they are. To those few that are though, i tip my hat to you...takes a lot of time and money, but you can really be proud of that. As for the guy with his "dad's SS", dude don't talk smack, especially if it isn't even your car.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:22 AM

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Wight SS
I had a V6, and they are good cars. Might not be as fast as an SS, but they are quick for what they are. To those few that are though, i tip my hat to you...takes a lot of time and money, but you can really be proud of that. As for the guy with his "dad's SS", dude don't talk smack, especially if it isn't even your car.
*Applauses*

Now, onto the others posts...

A stock LS1 runs 12.4? Really...

There is a difference between "cocky" and correcting a mis-informed and un-educated kid driving his daddy's car.

I am just curious and to pick on you V6'ers out there but I know the SS's are faster then any V6 but what time do you v6s run out there???

i got a 98 black ss its pretty nice...yes i like to brag about my car and even if there are cars that can burn me i still brag about being faster...the thing is it aint my car its my dads so i bragg for him i am his "Little Worker" LOL its super chezzy

YOU have a 98 black SS...brag about YOUR car? It isn't your car.
I love your whole attitude about BRAGGING the car but you know what...I can bet 99% of the people you would come across, whether they drive four-bangers, V6s or V8s would LAUGH at your and not show you ANY RESPECT after they found out it was your daddy's car the way you seem to be handling the situation.
As you can see, you've already warmed up quite nicely to our board here...I can imagine the V8 boards would be similar.

If I were to meet you in real life, pimping the ride the way you say you do and an import driver who owns the car, works and puts his money, time, effort, love and thought into his OWN car...I'd give him my respect and props. I'd just look at you and shake my head...

Go take your self to the LS1 board...just sure you sign up for a new username... CamaroSSBorrower

Last edited by ImportKILLER; 02-23-2003 at 03:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by 99blackSS
Did you get the little key fob too?
My good friend has an 02 SS. I like to pick on him whenever he mentiones being low on funds. He didn't get no key fob.

OMG, this kid doesn't even own that car?!?!?!

EDIT: My friend got the key fob. I just asked.

Last edited by V6Power; 02-23-2003 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by ImportKILLER
Go take your self to the LS1 board...just sure you sign up for a new username... CamaroSSBorrower
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 04:28 PM

NO stock LS1 is going to run a 12.4 that is all there is to it. i do agree that a lot of the v8 guys are a little too cocky about there cars. these v6's can actually get pretty fast. that 12.4 on nitrous is a very fast car for what it is. and the 13.6 NA is AWESOME for these cars. i have a lotta respect for the v6's. i think it is mostly the LS1 guys that are the cockiest. DAMN LS1 guys LS1's
Old 02-23-2003, 04:56 PM

still from what i see here, the v6 guys seem to think that the fasest v6 12.4 is untoucable by an Ls1. Stock Ls1's run 13, put a few enhacners on and it is untouable buy any v6. why don't you clowns face that and quit being a bunch of crybabies. you have a v6 that run's 13, nobody cares. we all know v6's will never be as fast as Ls1's, it's a fact and i wish you clowns would quit bragging about your v6 being almost as fast as an ls1, no one cares. now get a freakin' life. v8 guys aren't anymore cockey than v6 guys, and i've had enough of your lip.

Last edited by WhoBetter?; 02-23-2003 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:18 PM

A lot of people said that 4 cylinder engine's would never be able to run with a V8. Sad to say, there are a few that run 10 second quarters.

If you did everything possible to a V6, I have figured out about 500 horspower at the crank which should be good for low 11's or better depending on your setup. They can run as fast as you want. It's all about how much you want to spend.

A V8 will be cheaper to run 11's. But you are incorrect in saying that nobody cares. HOT ROD magazine and a few others are always very keen to the idea of a V6-Outperforming-a-V8 setup. And for example I quote their COVER STORY about a supercharged 4.2L V6 Mustang called the "Black Mamba" Hot Rod was all over that.

Another example was a build up HR did themselves on a 4.3L V6 with a centrifugal supercharger, boasting 500 horsepower.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by WhoBetter?
still from what i see here, the v6 guys seem to think that the fasest v6 12.4 is untoucable by an Ls1. Stock Ls1's run 13, put a few enhacners on and it is untouable buy any v6. why don't you clowns face that and quit being a bunch of crybabies. you have a v6 that run's 13, nobody cares. we all know v6's will never be as fast as Ls1's, it's a fact and i wish you clowns would quit bragging about your v6 being almost as fast as an ls1, no one cares. now get a freakin' life. v8 guys aren't anymore cockey than v6 guys, and i've had enough of your lip.
I think you have a small pen|s.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:34 PM

Originally posted by WhoBetter?
still from what i see here, the v6 guys seem to think that the fasest v6 12.4 is untoucable by an Ls1. Stock Ls1's run 13, put a few enhacners on and it is untouable buy any v6.
You know, actually, you're wrong. Some of us know full well how fast an LS1 or any V8 can be. In fact, as you neglected to see my signature, some of us have V8 project cars. In which the V6 only serves as a daily-driver/parts-chaser.

Of the three V6's I own, they are out-cubed by the Five V8's I own. The smallest of which is a 302ci. No one said a V6 was untouchable, and you are incorrect in saying that an LS1 is untouchable. It all depends on what you spend money on.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:10 PM

Hey , this to all the V6ers .......Whats the fastest time you guys think a 3.4L could run all moter in the 1/4 mile going internal with all the little bolt ons (intake ,exhaust , chip , headers , ect.) . Ive been woundering ........
Old 02-23-2003, 07:44 PM

I know I have a V6 and I have never claimed to be as fast as a LS1 or a LT1 for that matter. I know perfectly well what the LS1 engine is capable of and that it would rip into a V6. I don't argue that and I think anyone who says a stock V6 can hang with a stock LS1 is out of their mind. Good driver, bad driver...doesn't matter...the LS1 is the more powerful engine.

BUT there ARE V6s out there that CAN challenge some of the big boys out there. Look at the time slips. There are a couple V6ers out there that run very impressive times. Now of course, spend $X amount on a V6 and a LS1, the LS1 would win.

I think its...I don't know what it is but there is something about a V6 running good times that gets the V8 guys mad. They see a V6 that runs good times...TIMES THAT RIVAL A LS1 and they get all defensive. NOT EVERY V6 RUNS THOSE TIMES, NOR ARE THEY CLAIMING THEY WILL WASTE EVERY LS1 OUT THERE . I don't get why some of the V8 guys can't just respect V6 guys who put a lot of time, money and effort into their cars and who get great results with them.

Do you see us in this forum talking trash about the LS1? Do we say "NO LS1 can touch the 12 sec V6"? Do we go to the V8 boards and start trash with them? The answer to all those is NO.

Geez...some V8 owners see a fast V6 with times faster than their own and they get their feelings all hurt and start to get defensive.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:33 PM

WhoBetter, 7-11 has Hateraide on sale for 69 cents. My advice is to go stock up on it, because you need it. Don't hate, congratulate.

CamaroSS, cars are alot like di_ks. It's cool to brag on your own, but when you start to brag on someone elses, that's fu_ckin gay!

Last edited by shortdog273; 02-23-2003 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply: What Times/Speeds do you V6's get