V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

burnouts!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by kevin 2.8
we used to use bleach too
Now i have heard of using Bleach, but i always thought it was used for extra smoke it would cause from the bleach burning. I dont know..either way, if i cant do a burnout in a car, than i'm not gonna put stuff on the tires to try and make it spin. Just wondering, what kinda tires are ya running man? Now that i think of it, my friends brother had a V6 stang, with the 5 speed..he put some sticky Toyo's on it..and he would drop the clutch and only get a chirp..he honstly couldnt spin'em..so maybe if your tires are really sticky that could also be the problem..even though i would still think you could get something out of it...hmm...Have you tried doing it on different types of pavement?? We have some rough pavement around here, and you really have to try to get the back end out..than we have that new, fresh, smooth pavement where you can spin'em all day long..I dont know, try different brake pressure, and try doing it on different surfaces.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:01 PM

get some 10" donuts on the back of there and peel it
Old 03-30-2004, 09:59 PM

I know what it is....Its the disk brakes and the computer. I have a 99 camaro and ive found that if you hold the brakes down to try and powerbrake, it wont get very many RPMs. It just sits there. The disk brakes dont help at all either. Thats just the way it is. You also cant rev it up very far in park. Thats just a safety thing I guess. When you try and powerbrake, you just hear the engine bog down and thats it.

Why you want to waste your tires anyways? Those 235/55/16s arent cheap, I know
Old 03-31-2004, 02:11 AM

i do it because its fun, i do it because people want to see it, and i do it when i see a rice rocket drive irratically behind me at a stoplight
Old 03-31-2004, 08:06 AM

peeling put in a V6 is not cool
esspecially a one wheel squeel
Old 03-31-2004, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by joed4640
peeling put in a V6 is not cool
esspecially a one wheel squeel
You wanna explain why?

And as for the original question, I can do them on sand and with a little bit of water for sure. Wet leaves work too. Don't do it on dry pavement unless you want to look like a fool.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by mike996
You wanna explain why?

And as for the original question, I can do them on sand and with a little bit of water for sure. Wet leaves work too. Don't do it on dry pavement unless you want to look like a fool.
sure, a stock V6 f car is not fast, not a muscle car, the majority dont even have posi...I just have to laugh when i see people drive them like its a 12 sec car or something....

and yes, i am aware that i own one, actually i love the car so much i refuse to sell it, its just sitting in my dads garage wasting my money

however, i dont drive my stock V6 camaro like its a race car, and more importantly i dont think its one either
Old 04-01-2004, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by joed4640
sure, a stock V6 f car is not fast, not a muscle car, the majority dont even have posi...I just have to laugh when i see people drive them like its a 12 sec car or something....

and yes, i am aware that i own one, actually i love the car so much i refuse to sell it, its just sitting in my dads garage wasting my money

however, i dont drive my stock V6 camaro like its a race car, and more importantly i dont think its one either
....I wish some of the kids at my school would read your post. I love F-bods, whether its a V6 or a V8..but i cant stand to hear some kids at my school revving the **** outta there V6, dropping the clutch, and flooring it everywhere they go. They think its gonna hold up, when it really isnt. Even though the way some of them treat there cars, i dont think it would matter if it was a V6 or a V8..there's no motor that could hold up to some of the idiots at my school.

Last edited by NoSlowCamaro; 04-01-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:22 PM

I have the worst combination possible and I can do it.

I useto have trouble, so listen up, your pushing too hard on the brakes and/or mashing the gas rarther then leaning into it.

last time I did it>

Stoped, left on brake, right on gas,

Gased a little,maybe up to 2K

pumped the brake pedel, (car moved forward maybe a foot, then I hit the brake just enought to keep it stoped in place)

Then I just leaned into the gas (never floored it either)

and SLOWLY let off the brake.

One wheel peal, 30ft+ long hit 5,500 RPM's didnt stop till I hit 2nd gear

Took me some practice and Yes, you DO end up warping your rear roters faster.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by MustangEater82
its the 3.8L...

has a crappy low end and is gutless till you hit like 3,000 rpms... actually more like 3500 rpms...

Its a cinch to do a burnout in a 60* v6 has plenty of low end power...

roasted my tires till forever in my 2.8L and 3.4L no problem...
If you people can't do burnouts in an A4 3.8L.....We have some issues here......
Old 04-03-2004, 02:16 PM

I've got toyo's and the 3.4 and can do it all day long. even in my 5 spd and i don't have to drop the clutch and stomp the brake. i can do it from a dead stop, just takes pratice. hell, my 3.4 has NO problem spinning the tires or having the back end brake loose. not a good idea though cuz of a few reasons. 245/50/R16 tires aint' cheap, wraps the rotors faster, and the police love to write ppl up for that kinda crap. i know first hand lol. just take ur car out to some country road and try different pressures on the brake, etc. l8tr
Old 04-10-2004, 06:10 PM

Ive done it maybe 2 times in my 2000 A4. It went for a sec then hooked. The other guy was right, 98-02 have very bad low ends, it's actually annoying having to wait until after 2500rpm (for mine) for the engine to open up.

But in my 86 Z28, I can lock it down for as long as i want, I did it for over 5 minutes straight one time. Then let off the gas and went sidewayz up the street. Lock-downs and burnouts are really better suited for v8's. But it was fun hearing my V6 peel a lil bit, for about 10 feet (and that was all lol)