Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Results! LS1 vs. me

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 04:02 PM

Yeah, I've beaten many a faster car with a near perfect RT and blown races that way too. Does this track ever have timed racing? Does it start with a normal tree or someone flagging?
Old 06-30-2004, 04:18 PM

No matter how hard I try I cant believe this......I am sorry I wasted my time reading it. This ould not even go over at stangnet. The Ls1's never pull after you get the jump huh? With that 1/4, what do you trap 99? Just for grins, what do you think the ls1 is trapping?
Old 06-30-2004, 08:52 PM

Originally posted by falchulk
No matter how hard I try I cant believe this......I am sorry I wasted my time reading it. This ould not even go over at stangnet. The Ls1's never pull after you get the jump huh? With that 1/4, what do you trap 99? Just for grins, what do you think the ls1 is trapping?
I really don't care what you believe. I do not post bs. The races happened exactly how I said they did. I trapped 101 before the last round of mods. See sig. Stock LS1s trap anywhere from 101 to 108 at sea level depending on driver, conditions, car options, etc. I can't help it if the guys with stock LS1s in this area can't beat me. I am surprised too that none of them can pull on me, either. Anybody else with a stock one around here want to try their luck? I will keep racing them and keep posting. If you don't believe me then come to the www.reno-fernleyraceway.com and see for yourself! The last LS1 I called out was afraid, he said "that Mustang is fast!" before he raced me. He lost and went away very shy.

The starter hits a button with his foot which turns on a single white light. Then we go. Grudge racing at is finest.

Last edited by Steve Y; 06-30-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:09 PM

guy, I am a huge mustsng fan. I might be new to his board but Ihave been on mustang boards for years. I have owned a 3rd gen firebird, a mustang and now an 01 z28. I know what the your car and an ls1 are capable of. Like you said 108 that means they have to pull on you somewhere and not "stay even" or fall back. Otherwise they would be trapping the same or less then you. Go drive an ls1 and tell us you think your car can keep up. You are talking about a car that is just 100 lbs heavier and has almost 100 more horsepower.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 PM

I've got a grudge! I simply hate mustangs! I'm modded ..your modded ...let's run 'em!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:36 PM

guy, I am a huge mustsng fan. I might be new to his board but Ihave been on mustang boards for years. I have owned a 3rd gen firebird, a mustang and now an 01 z28. I know what the your car and an ls1 are capable of. Like you said 108 that means they have to pull on you somewhere and not "stay even" or fall back. Otherwise they would be trapping the same or less then you. Go drive an ls1 and tell us you think your car can keep up. You are talking about a car that is just 100 lbs heavier and has almost 100 more horsepower.
I have driven plenty of LS1s. 108 is the upper limit of trap speed for a stock LS1, most don't do it. Hp this, weight that. It still does not change the fact that a stock LS1 can't keep even with me so far. I am more than ready to lose to a stock one! Anybody?
Old 06-30-2004, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by Articblast
I've got a grudge! I simply hate mustangs! I'm modded ..your modded ...let's run 'em!
I'm sure you would dust me. Why do you hate Stangs?
Old 07-01-2004, 01:41 AM

Originally posted by Steve Y
I have driven plenty of LS1s. 108 is the upper limit of trap speed for a stock LS1, most don't do it. Hp this, weight that. It still does not change the fact that a stock LS1 can't keep even with me so far. I am more than ready to lose to a stock one! Anybody?
Steve, I definitely believe your stories about beating LS1s. I used to pull LS1s in my LT1 when I had CAI/catback. I would pull some, stay even with some, and get yanked by some stock cars. There is some variance in the cars and the driver makes quite a bit of difference. On the same token, you have to know LS1s losing to 100-102 mph cars isn't the norm...but it definitely happens. My LS1 trapped 106.5 in 4800' DA. I have no doubt that could have been 108-109 at sea level (where you ran your 14.0). I don't think your mustang would stand a chance against my car....but against a 101-103 mph LS1, I can definitely believe your stories. For example, I know a guy who has a '00 SS, auto, that ran a 13.9 @ 101...pathetic, but it happens.

Last edited by 97bowtie; 07-01-2004 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:38 AM

I am not saying he is lying about the win over the ls1. What I take issue with is the statement that they never gain any ground on him after the launch.

BTW, Stevey, if you dont care what people think, why post? Your first post is cool but the followups seem intended to say that the ls1 is not what everyone thinks. Like you have something to prove. You say a couple of times that the drivers skill has nothing to do with it because its an auto. I read in between the lines you are saying that you beat the car not the driver. I read that you put the mighty ls1 in its place with your 245rwhp monster. How much weight reduction could you possibly have? Even if you got it down to 3000lbs even a auto ls1 will still run even or win. The fact that you get them off the line is cool and you can win a lot of races that way. Regardless, you are talking **** when you say you can take any stock ls1. If you slap a supercharger on that mustang, I would agree. Till then it's just talking ****.

Just thought of a way to put it.......I can make an analogy that your car vs ls1 = Pontiac vibe gt vs your car. If a 180hp vibe took you off the line, do you think you could run it down?

Last edited by falchulk; 07-01-2004 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by Steve Y
No its not. I trapped 109.46 on the first and only run I have had down the track. Completely stock 01 WS6 M6. Another guy JleeWS6 has also ran 109+ in a stock 01 WS6 that I know of locally.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:16 PM

I want an LS1
Old 07-01-2004, 07:28 PM

totally stock 13.89@102 mph with a 2.14 60 foot and .633 rt with cooler, lawn chair, and everything else i bring to a car show inside the car when i made the run, its an 01 z . that was with absoultly no off the line finess. just nail it and hold on . the car shifted into 3 (auto) or drive as it hit the traps . proabably could have done better by leaving it in second and letting it redline. going to englishtown next weekend with some basic mods and will see what happens.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:48 PM

Steve nothing personal! Where I'm from there's 10 mustangs to every Camaro. These guys will put an expensive exhaust system on their v6 and cruise around like they on the town. I think it's the popularity of the Mustang and the fact that there's tons of them out there and I didn't want to be like everyone else. Just one of them Ford/Chevy things I guess! Later!
Old 07-02-2004, 05:28 AM

Originally posted by robvas
Stop by the next time you're in Michigan, I'll show you a stock LS1's tailights

j/k

Do they give out any sort of timeslip?

Even if it feels like you left the line at the same time, you can easily have .500 second differences in your reaction times, thats why racing on the street sucks for trying to judge performance, you're almost never leaving at the same time.

But, a win is a win I guess
Give me any STOCK LS1 w/ 323 gears, ill baby it outta the whole and hawk that GT down in no time(If need be). You speak as if you have a magical tire in the rear, there DR's weve all had em, and are aware of how they work, They surely do not work good enough to offer a challenge to any stock LS1...especially still running Stock LT1 times(auto's btw)..Yea you say you should be running mid 13's in your GT(which is still not enough o take out most LS1's), and I say my bolt on 97 should have been running somewhere in the high 12's but it never did
Old 07-02-2004, 09:59 AM

I am not saying he is lying about the win over the ls1. What I take issue with is the statement that they never gain any ground on him after the launch.

BTW, Stevey, if you dont care what people think, why post? Your first post is cool but the followups seem intended to say that the ls1 is not what everyone thinks. Like you have something to prove. You say a couple of times that the drivers skill has nothing to do with it because its an auto. I read in between the lines you are saying that you beat the car not the driver. I read that you put the mighty ls1 in its place with your 245rwhp monster. How much weight reduction could you possibly have? Even if you got it down to 3000lbs even a auto ls1 will still run even or win. The fact that you get them off the line is cool and you can win a lot of races that way. Regardless, you are talking **** when you say you can take any stock ls1. If you slap a supercharger on that mustang, I would agree. Till then it's just talking ****.

Just thought of a way to put it.......I can make an analogy that your car vs ls1 = Pontiac vibe gt vs your car. If a 180hp vibe took you off the line, do you think you could run it down?
Fact, they have not gained ground on me after the launch, so far. I am waiting for the stock LS1 that can pull me after the launch. I never said it will never happen. I want to see it happen so I can believe all these incredible LS1 times from the internet! I have about 200 lbs. of weight reduction. Where did I ever say I could take ANY stock LS1? What I said was, so far none have been able to even tie me. I am waiting for my whooping by a stock one! If the Vibe got a big enough jump on me, no I could not run it down. How big of jump do you think it's going to get on me? What do they run, stock?

Quick Reply: Results! LS1 vs. me