Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Raced a Turbo Mercedes

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 09:51 PM

Raced a Turbo Mercedes

I was out this afternoon, headed over to Backyard Burgers for lunch. I pulled up to the light near my house and this black Mercedes pulls up next to me. I didn't think much of it at first since Mercedes don't race usually. I looked over and he was with his woman. He didn't look over. He just stared intently at the light with his hand on the shifter. When the light turned green I decided that I was just going to match his speed, you know, just in case he starts to make a run for it. Suddenly I heard the high pitched sound of turbo whine and his engine quickly reving. I hammered the pedal and a roar filled the air as my Chevrolet lept forward like a lion after it's prey. We were bumper to bumper and my A4 still had plenty left in first gear. He shifted to second and I was able to pull on him a little. Then I shifted to second and I once again heard the whine of the turbo and his RPMs raising higher and higher, the Mercedes Kompressor engine fighting for all it's worth. He began to pull away and by the time we reached 60 and my bumper was at his door. I let off and decided it was his turn to win. That time, the prey got away. The Mercedes C230 Kompressor gave me a run. But next time, I'll leave the 01 Blazer at home and bring the Z28.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:55 PM

Re: Raced a Turbo Mercedes

That sounds about right. Those blown(supercharged @ ~4 psi) C230's blow.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:26 AM

Re: Raced a Turbo Mercedes

as the former owner of a 2002 c230 (2.3L not the 1.9), the c230's only have just under 200hp and are heavy... mid to low 15 second ride... sold it a year ago, they are a very nice ride, quiet, nimble, and awsome in the snow (rwd)... i'd "race" mine all the time, but most people didn't know it was a turd, so races were few and far between... the noise was a supercharger not a turbo