Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

raced a o7 gt yesterday

Old 08-09-2008, 04:48 PM

raced a o7 gt yesterday

well it all started the other day i was pulling on to the road i live on and this white gt was blockin the whole dam road i thought to myself laugh now when you can...the next day i was on my way home from work...to my suprise i seen that kid and the white stang in a parking lot talking i reved it up a lil for him and kept on ...to make a long story short we got to a stoplight and lined up he looked over laughing like he was the other day...i got a good launch with my car and quickley beat him off the line and all the way to 95mph in a 45 lol i had him beat by a good 4 lengths and i let off....well he blew by me and i could see no grin on his face.......its amazing that one decade later and ford and there gts still dont have the ***** for a bowtie
Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 PM

A modified Bow-tie...
Old 08-10-2008, 06:57 AM

Ford should have stepped up to the 400 HP mark when the new style GT came out. I guess they would rather be embarrased by losing to a 10+ year old lightly modded LT1.

Good Kill.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:52 PM

Run it at the track. That way you get to see what you are dealing with there.

Ford really does suck

|
|
|
V
Old 08-10-2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Demon's Camaro
Run it at the track. That way you get to see what you are dealing with there.
Ford really does suck
I don't get it? Are you bragging about a modded car running mid 13s?
Old 08-10-2008, 11:06 PM

That was a long sentence.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by LSWHO
I don't get it? Are you bragging about a modded car running mid 13s?
No, just a friendly poke at the fact that Ford hasn't made a car that could beat a bowtie. I find it amusing that if one Mustang is beat they are all slow. If one Cobra runs with an LS1 it is equal in a race, ect....

I have been able to run with lt1s mod for mod since I have owned this car. I have the bastard child of Mustang V8 cars too.

Even if you have a "few" more mods on that are you calling out the guy who ran mid 13s?
Old 08-11-2008, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Demon's Camaro
No, just a friendly poke at the fact that Ford hasn't made a car that could beat a bowtie. I find it amusing that if one Mustang is beat they are all slow. If one Cobra runs with an LS1 it is equal in a race, ect....

I have been able to run with lt1s mod for mod since I have owned this car. I have the bastard child of Mustang V8 cars too.

Even if you have a "few" more mods on that are you calling out the guy who ran mid 13s?
No, just a question. It is funny with fanboys that if they beat one then they can all be beat, or if one runs this time they all do. LSx owners are the worst fanboys ever. I'm actually impressed with your time based off those mods. Oh, and is that last sentence supposed to insinuate that I can only muster up a mid 13 second pass? There's more to my mods than that, but not much. I would hope with DRs I could hit LOW 13s.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:36 AM

whats with LT1 owners saying things like "well Ford cant keep up with my 10+ year old car" blah blah blah, ive run into lots of Chevies Fords and Dodges that cant keep up with my 40year old car.............The age of the car is irrelevent.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
whats with LT1 owners saying things like "well Ford cant keep up with my 10+ year old car" blah blah blah, ive run into lots of Chevies Fords and Dodges that cant keep up with my 40year old car.............The age of the car is irrelevent.
The mustang and f-body have always been in competition. No car company cared to be in competition with a Galaxie, at least as far as speed is concerned. Never heard of the Galaxie rival.

I do agree with the age being irrelevant, though.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Never heard of the Galaxie rival.
Electra?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 AM

I'd say off the showroom floor the rivals for the Galaxie were: Fury and Impala and maybe Bonnieville/Grand Prix.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:56 PM

yeah and the motor you have in your car wasnt factory stock huh??? i know age of the car dont matter but these are the STOCK fuel injected motors they came with thats what im sayin hell anyone can build an older car and make it fast and then would you say that this 30 40+ year old car beat newer technology yes with newer technology under the hood
Old 08-11-2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by mr.green
yeah and the motor you have in your car wasnt factory stock huh??? i know age of the car dont matter but these are the STOCK fuel injected motors they came with thats what im sayin hell anyone can build an older car and make it fast and then would you say that this 30 40+ year old car beat newer technology yes with newer technology under the hood
its not factory stock. Yours is modded as well.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM

The mustang and f-body have always been in competition. No car company cared to be in competition with a Galaxie, at least as far as speed is concerned. Never heard of the Galaxie rival.

I do agree with the age being irrelevant, though.
Ford did compete with Galaxies in the past. ANd the direct competition was the Impala, thing is, the Galaxies were/are much heavier so racers pretty much turned their backs on them (understandable).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: raced a o7 gt yesterday