Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Raced a 10 sec honda from cali

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 AM

Raced a 10 sec honda from cali

Or so I thought. So anyways, me and my GF broke up on Friday night and since then I have pretty much been surrounding myself with all my friends and the hottest girls I can find. I am chilling at my boys house playing some Halo 3 with my new "girl" (she really wants me but I don't want anything serious). Side note, she loves video games, rock music, and cars. I don't know if I could ask for anything more.

Anyways, I get a phone call from my cousin and a mutual friend pretty much at the same time. Both of them say the same, there is a 10 sec Honda in town from Cali saying he can beat anything on the street. I have a full bottle and the Prostars on the car (15x3.5 front 15x10 rear with 275/50/15 MT Street Radials), so I go home and get the car. I show up to a spot I have NEVER raced before due to it still being somewhat in town and the possibility of there being cops.

The guy right off the bat is a total tool box. I asked him for a slip and he said that the track he goes to doesn't hand out slips because all the cars there run 10's. I tell him I ran a mid 12 and he was like "ya I kinda figured v8's were that slow!"

I'm getting pissed off, to add to that he could barely speak english (mexican) and the english he was speaking he was talking ****. So I tell him that I will race him and he says "naw I want to race a real fast car first". The car he is talking about is another hatchback honda with a semi-built motor and nitrous.

They race and the nitrous'd honda hands him his *** by at least 5 cars.

He gets back and says his tranny is ****ed up. I really didn't expect him to say this. He asks me "you wanna race now? I know your slower than the honda!" I am pissed. He calls me out in front of the new girl and all my friends. So I go and line up. I do a massive burnout with 15 PSI in the tires and purge at the line. Hit the two step and line lock and I'm ready.

Bottom line, I let off in 2nd with him being bus lengths behind me.

We get back to the meeting spot and everyone is just laughing. He gets out and starts saying his tranny is messed up. Then, this is the good part, he looks at the PASSENGER side of the motor under the CAI and says "yep, I know exactly what it is. You better be glad my tranny wasn't working or I would have wasted you."

My reply, "hey douchebag, your tranny is on the other side of the motor." I then leave to let him go home and ********** using his own tears as lubricant while he wishes he had bigger than a 2 inch *****.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 AM

Those guys are always "fun" to deal with... Good kill.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:23 PM

awesome, just awesome
Old 10-08-2007, 03:55 PM

LOL, I was waiting at the shop for my buddy to get his coil overs finished when a "hombre" came up to me and said let me run that in a 1/4 mile. I asked him what he had and he said a 10 sec TT Civic with 4 bottles of nitrous. I then explained that if those were the mods then I would be hard pressed to beat it, trying to hold back a smile. He then whips out a wad of 20s and was like "Money talks and BS walks". I retorted with "well I am in my car right now and you are standing there....sooo"

I guess he doesn't even own a civic, only a beat taurus. A 10 second car is like the automobile ***** size, every guy has one.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:08 PM

HAHA, I really dislike ricers and ones like these make all the other halfway cool ones look like idiots.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by 97formulakid
HAHA, I really dislike ricers and ones like these make all the other halfway cool ones look like idiots.
Please note sig below. I actually came up with that when my wife, whom at that point I as just talking to, was getting hit on at the club by some guy claiming he had a 10sec Honda. Of course, it wasn't there.

Last edited by snorkelface; 10-08-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 PM

hahahahaha wow....GREAT STORY! so what did your new girl think?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:36 PM

Talking

I almost wrote her off right there because she seemed generally impressed. We asked where his car was, and he claimed that he JUST sold it! How do you have something if you just sold it? The conversation ended shortly after that.

Keep in mind this was about 9 years ago when the whole import thing was really on like wild fire. Before that, everyone and there mother would tell me about some car they had somewhere after seeing mine (I'm the original owner).
Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 PM

It seems to be that everyone now has a 9 or 10 second car....yet, most nights a decent 12 second car can somehow magically clean house until the serious guys start showing up.

I just tell people that we are talking 1/4 mile...not the 1/8 mile
Old 10-08-2007, 11:12 PM

the only thing wrong with this story is the civics trannys are on the passenger side......

i owned a 1998 acura integra gsr for about a week.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by CANTONRACER

I just tell people that we are talking 1/4 mile...not the 1/8 mile
You are joking, but I swear to you I was sitting in the stands at the local 1/8th mile strip with some buds and there was a group of ricers below. Thier buddy was about to run in a late 90s civic that was riced completely out. He takes off and is beat down by an old cutlass that has smoke pouring out of the exhaust. When he goes and gets his slip, he runs up to his buddies and tell them. "I got it" "I got it"
They all crowd around and he is explaining to them that he got a 10.99 out of it and Vin Diesel has nothing on him. We started laughing uncontrolably up in the stands. They glared up at us, but then returned to basking in their glory. We were headed out that evening and I recognized on of them walking back from the porta john and asked him why they were so happy. He said that his cousin now can claim he has a 10 second civic and some kids at school didnt believe him. I told him that this was 1/8th mile and he was dumbfounded and had never heard of 1/8th mile. He said he thought all tracks in regulation were 1/4 mile
Needless to say they are out there and they walk among us!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by baddboy1705
hahahahaha wow....GREAT STORY! so what did your new girl think?
She loves cars. Right now she drives a V6 mustang thats nothing impressive but clean. Her stepdad has 2 Cudas and a Fury. The Fury is a legit 10 sec car. The Cudas are more for show but one of them has a blower on it.

I'm trying to teach her about cars. Last night we went to dinner and she said her dad bought her a new car. She was like "what kind of car is yours? My dad said he bought me a Firehawk. What is that?"

I was like I'll buy it from you, but its a 97 and I want a LS1 Firehawk.

the only thing wrong with this story is the civics trannys are on the passenger side......

i owned a 1998 acura integra gsr for about a week.
Ya I realized that. All the hondas I saw had them on the drivers side. Oh well it was still slow.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:09 AM

Wow, I never knew my old Grand Marquis was a legit 9 second car. They really make fast sedans these days. After all, I do have timeslips for it with 9.90s on 'em!

That's ok I guess. I sold it for my current 8 second car. This speed stuff is easy.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by John M
Wow, I never knew my old Grand Marquis was a legit 9 second car. They really make fast sedans these days. After all, I do have timeslips for it with 9.90s on 'em!

That's ok I guess. I sold it for my current 8 second car. This speed stuff is easy.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:37 AM

I asked him for a slip and he said that the track he goes to doesn't hand out slips because all the cars there run 10's.
That's the funniest thing Ive heard in awhile . Good murder.

Quick Reply: Raced a 10 sec honda from cali