Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Near Death Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 07:57 PM

Re: Near Death Experience

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
i have felt my asr work before when i purposly accelerate in a wet area and it cuts off my throttle kind of and slows me down.... i thought it was asr... anyone know for sure?
The ASR woks both ways. As long as the clutch is dissengaged, the wheels will sense sudden changes in traction, and will help you straighten the car out.

-Goose.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by jimdrechsler
too bad it takes an experience like this for people to realize the dnagers of street racing. however i still do it on occasion if i feel it is safe

yea i know... im sure i will occasionally... but i used to street race ALOT.... crazy thing with my wreck.... it happened on 2-27-05.... i STILL have not been on the interstate while it was raining....

-cory-
Old 08-15-2005, 02:32 PM

well i just drove 6 hrs in rainy roads and construction to phx.... but man i know i learned my lesson.... just cruise it 2 mph so everyone sees you.... ill worry abotu racing later
Old 08-15-2005, 03:05 PM

we've all been there, its a shame only half of us will truly learn anything!
I hear plenty of stories about people wrecking thier 2nd or 3rd car within a certian time... trouble doesnt follow people that like unless they're guilty.

glad to hear youre ok!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:15 PM

the worst thing is though.... i am only 16 and the dissapointment from your family of being irresponsible is worse that my car being crashed
Old 08-19-2005, 11:57 PM

Amen man, I know that if something like that happend I probably wouldn't be allowed to have teh car anymore. Good thing no one was hurt.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:56 AM

Yeah, one time I was racing a guy in an SS and somehow he flipped his car. I don't know why he lost control of it, but I looked in my mirror, and there he was, spinning around the interstate and then flipped over. I don't race on the streets anymore either..
Old 08-20-2005, 06:41 PM

Racing on wet roads? C'mon man, people should have more common sense than that.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:38 AM

No insult intended dude but racing on wet roads in an f-body is just asking for it.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:23 AM

i am 100% sure that that is my last time racing on the street...
now though i am going to think twice about where i race on the street...
Typical progression. You went from being 100% sure that you will never race on the street again, to simply thinking twice where you do it.

We've all been through this - being scared and swearing we are done with street racing. Just keep it safe if you race on the street. Be smart where/when you do it and you'll be fine. However, the strip is always the best place.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:41 PM

Yeah F-body (wide tires) + Water = BAD THINGS!!
I was driving my 97 z28 in the rain on some back roads only doing maybe 40, but I had nearly bald tires and hit a puddle and hydroplaned right into a tree. LUCKILY me and my pass. were ok, and insurance bought me a new car.....but still......
Old 08-22-2005, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by 97bowtie
Typical progression. You went from being 100% sure that you will never race on the street again, to simply thinking twice where you do it.

We've all been through this - being scared and swearing we are done with street racing. Just keep it safe if you race on the street. Be smart where/when you do it and you'll be fine. However, the strip is always the best place.
I don't think it belongs on the streets, but I would still streety race.
There are only 4 rules I have, if youa re gonnna do it (which you shouldn't).

1.) Be safe, don't let yourself get way too much speed, just cause you want to beat the guy really bad. People let themselves get going way too fast in street racing.
2.) Don't race in bad weater, this one is a no brainer, like JESUS. Especially in an F-body, of all cars that are bad in weather. Rain, Snow, Ice = no racing.
3.) No populated places. Don't race if theres lots of pedistrian crossing, cars turning, etc. Its an accident waiting to happen. Some person wanted to jay walk sees you at a stop light, or cruising at 40km, so they judge the distance and speed, next thing they know, BAM you punched it and they are dead.
4.) Don't frickin race if you don't know what is ahead of you, ESPECIALLY if you can't see whats bloody ahead of you.
Its best to race on roads you know.
Its almost impossible to wave of the chance of beating down some overly confident kid in a fart pipe honda civic, so just keep it safe guys.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 PM

well here we are in october and i finally got my car fixed with new parts and it looks like it used to... i still have not raced my car since the crash and i plan on not doing it still, i cant tell you though how many fart cans i have just wanted blow away but then i remember what happend and just drive slower till they leave me alone. I should be giong to the track soon so ill let you all know how i do for my first time! Here is a link to my MYSPACE and it has the pictures on the front page.
http://www.myspace.com/28307329

-Dakota
Old 10-26-2005, 10:27 PM

Old 10-26-2005, 10:55 PM

im confused

Quick Reply: Near Death Experience