Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

On my way to work.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:52 PM

On my way to work.......

Before I start here is what I have. 1991 T/A L98 basically stock. AIR headers, came from the factory SLP equipped, and I just picked it up from the tranny shop last week, after giving the 700R-4 the works....2500 stall, shift kit, cooler all the good stuff ($2300 worth). Anyways, I have not really raced the car since I got it back, but I figure it is broke in by now (over 500 miles since getting it back)

Ok, I was on my way to work this morning and saw a Neon pulling out of the gast station down the road from my house. I noticed the scoop, ground effects and spoiler, so I knew it was SRT4. He pulled out behind me and we went with the traffic (two lane road just stayed paced)...finally we came to stop light side by side on the line, but we had to turn left at the light. So light turns green and we make the turn and as our cars get straight he hits it, so then I hit it. I pulled him pretty good first through second, but once I went into third I walked him bad bad. Like if he fell on his face...seems they pull pretty good to about 80 then they give out. Anyways I slowed down after pulling about 6-8 car lengths and he passess me up giving me thumbs up (non fly by).

I turn right to go to work, and I'll be damned if I didn't pull in behind another one. This one had a chick in it and sjhe wanted to go. We went from dead stop at a light, and since I am not used to my stall....I launched to high RPM's and spun through first and half of second....but once I straightened out I ate her lunch. She never pulled up beside me or passed me after we raced.

I had raced one one time before and beat it, but not as bad as I beat these two......graned when I raced the other one my tranny was slipping and did not have the stall. I am guessing the tranny makes my car faster.

L98 3-SRT4 0

I have the tranny and rear end ready to drop my crate motor in next year....cant wait.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:34 PM

Re: On my way to work.......

good kills. sounds like the chic had a neon red face after you beat her.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:38 PM

Aww, you totally screwed up the race with the chick in the SRT-4. You should have first asked for her number, if she gave it to you, then let her win the race as courtesy. If she refused to give you her number, then you respond by dusting her a@@ in the race.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:23 PM

lol....lets see get number then race...then when get home explain to my fine *** wife as to why I have another girls number.....hmmmmmm.......lol
Old 10-26-2005, 06:28 PM

Thumbs up Re: On my way to work.......

Originally Posted by 350tpi-2
Before I start here is what I have. 1991 T/A L98 basically stock. AIR headers, came from the factory SLP equipped...
So it's a Firehawk then??

(Kill snipped)

Anyways I slowed down after pulling about 6-8 car lengths and he passes me up giving me thumbs up (non fly by).
Very cool, it's great when people don't let their egos run all wild...

graned when I raced the other one...
Am I the only one that didn't get that part?

I am guessing the tranny makes my car faster.
Yeah, no question. If I were going to keep my automatic, I'd already have bought a stall converter for it...

L98 3 - SRT4 0
Excellent - way to represent the Third-Gen!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by 350tpi-2
lol....lets see get number then race...then when get home explain to my fine *** wife as to why I have another girls number.....hmmmmmm.......lol
As in the words of Homer Simpson...Doh!!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:22 PM

that was supposed to be granted...not graned.....lol

I was saying when I raced the first SRT-4 several months ago...my tranny was slipping. The two i raced today, obviously, was after my tranny build.

No the car is not a firehawk, but it has the SLP Firehawk Package. There is an SLP sticker under hood telling you to call SLP before yuou do any mods to the car....so i did, and they gave me the list....ECM, Opened Runners or some ****...ECM...Cold Air Intake.....and some other things that i didn't know what they were. Car is fastest stock (from factory) L98 I have ever had. I beat my friends LT1 out of a dig, till he hit thrid (6 speed) and then he cought me (I was about 1 1/2 cars on him) and pulled about a car in front of me and we stayed that way.....this with my tranny slipping. I feel if my tranny was not slipping he would not have passed me. But since he doesn't talk to me anymore.......guess I will not find out.......lol. I mean it slipped bad, when I was on it, it would take a full second to shift from first to second, then another second to shift from secopnd to third....u know with that long pause holding at 5500 rpms.....lol. It Sucked. Anyways....seems good now and I am glad....just can not wait for paint and motor.