Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Me VS RX8

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 12:24 AM

Me VS RX8

I raced an RX8 after putting my wheels on tonite. Nost saying the wheels helped, but it seems to SNAP a bit better now.

I was comming out of the main gate @ holloman. THere's a LONG SWEEPING corner. I mean LONG! it's a fun road! I usually average about 80mph on it. I saw the suspected vehicle about 200 ft in front of me doing about the same speed. I cought up to him. After leaving the turn and entering the freeway, I was in 4th turning about 3 grand and doing about 85mph-90. I pulled along side of him, played for a second, heard him downshift and we both laid on it. (this one was stock and quiet)

I pulled on him twice. He pulled along side of me and asked what I had I told him headers and susp mods. I also added that he had a nice car. (not to be a d**K, but the car is nice..) I heard him downshift AGAIN and he got about 2 car lengths ahead of me. I went form 5th to 3rd and walked right past him.

Quite fun I do say.. We pulled for a while... This is a long empty freeway BTW, @ about 9pm. I must have hit about 120-130....

Fun race. The RX8's can hang for a bit....

Last edited by Bayer-Z28; 07-30-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:18 AM

Re: Me VS RX8

You should absolutely destroy an RX8 from any speed. They may make similar hp numbers as the old RX7 turbo but that's all on paper. They trap something like low-mid 90s in the quarter - that's pretty sad for a "sporty" car these days. I'll bet my mom's Hyundai Azera would handle one pretty well!