Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Me vs Ford

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 09:42 PM

Me vs Ford

Well this is the last race I had in my Z before it was totaled by a girl running a red light, so I figured I would go ahead and share and see what some input is on the matter. Me and my buddy were heading home from races in Arlington last week, and right after we left I caught a red light. Well, next thing I know a Black 03 Cobra pulls up on the left of me, and while we were giving each other revs to see if it was on or not, a Blue Lightning pulls up on my right side. By the look on his face, I could tell he wanted in on the fun. As the light turned green we all started to pull off the line and see who was going to jump first. Finally, around 20mph the Lightning jumped on it, and of course me and the Cobra followed. I could tell this wasnt your ordinary Lightning cause he instantly pulled a good 3 or so car lengths on us while me and the Cobra spun our tires. The Cobra got traction before me so he also got a jump, but I finally got traction in 3rd gear and quickly caught back up and put a good 3-4 cars on the Cobra and about 4-5 on the Lightning by the time I hit 5th. When I let off my buddy informed me that I hit a good 120+, I then looked in the rearview and saw both cars headlights pretty far back. Me and my buddy couldnt believe I pulled them both that bad. I ended up pulling over and talking to the guy in the Lightning, and he told me he had a 6lbs pulley, full exhaust, throttle body, chip, and CAI, he also told me I had him and the Cobra by a good 5 car lengths, but they were neck in neck. Unfortunately, I didnt get to talk to the guy in the Cobra, but me and my buddy thought it must have been a bad driver or something went wrong with the car for me to pull him as bad as I did. What do you guys think?
Old 02-19-2004, 09:59 PM

Sweet kills, sound like fun!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:53 AM

I think you would do pretty good against a stock 03 Cobra, sounds right to me.