Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

LT1/M6 vs 2-Stroke Honda

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 05:54 PM

LT1/M6 vs 2-Stroke Honda

So I'm on my way to work this morning and this Honda Civic 4-door painted flat black with no hub caps comes up riding my ****... He's got a poorly done hood scoop fiberglassed on and he's got it dropped onto the suspension stops. Painted flat black with spray cans. I'm terrified, because I can see his double-decker wing over the top of his roof in my rear view mirror. This guy is going to eat me for lunch.

I ignore him for a while, but finally I give in and drop it into 3rd at about 55 and waste him like he's standing still. I slow down about a mile later and eventually he comes flying up on my **** again. So again, I drop it down and leave him sitting still. This time though he had to swerve through some traffic and cut some people off to catch me, so I slowed way down and let him pass me. He got all over it and in the 3 minutes it took for him to get by me, his fart can spewed blue smoke, and I could smell the 2-stroke oil burning like crazy. It was a killer horsepower machine. Every imperfection in the pavement made it lurch wildly as the suspension bottomed out on the stops. This thing wasn't safe to drive at 55, let alone however fast he was able to get it up to trying to catch me.

So I got my laugh and I'm sure he's on the rice boards tonight telling them how he wasted an LT1 Camaro... But it didn't end there. I let him go on his way and about 3 miles later, I came up behind him in a different exchange that leads to another open stretch of road right before my exit to work. He was alone at the light and I came up behind him.

It was a broad ramp, easily a 55mph ramp leading to a 55mph zone, but it's heavily enforced so I rarely speed there. I only have about 2 miles on that stretch before I exit for work. He crept up the ramp at like 35mph and I was right on his **** because I knew he was going to try to waste me from a roll... He finally let it go and the blue smoke almost left me blinded...

I got on it at first but then had to back off and just ease into it to keep from rear ending him... He was giving it all it had and every time he shifted another cloud of blue smoke would billow out. I stayed right on his ****, and he whipped out into the passing lane when we got on the expressway. I was right on him so he stayed in it, and I was about to back off because we were coming up on my exit, and he finally flashed his brake lights so I knew he wanted to back off... Get this... He had made it up to a whopping 70mph in about a mile...

I had to get over pretty quickly to exit and get to work, but I just have to wonder what it is that makes these guys think even for a second that they stand a chance against a dump truck let alone a Camaro??? Even a 1984 2.8L 5speed Camaro with 175k on it would have wasted this guy... Why did he think he could stand a chance? Especially after I wasted him twice on the expressway to begin with?

Paul 'X'
Old 03-26-2004, 09:11 PM

by the sound of it, you guys didnt get next to each other and hit it at the same time (or as close as possible) to get a race in.

i would classify you and your ricer friend both under ricer by the interpretation of how you guys both race. then again, maybe your details are just poorly written.

good ricer style kills.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:39 PM

Well I don't think he ever implied that he "raced" this ricer. I think he simply meant he was f**king around with the ricer to kinda put him in his place. I wouldn't classify him as a ricer.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by MauriSSio
by the sound of it, you guys didnt get next to each other and hit it at the same time (or as close as possible) to get a race in.

i would classify you and your ricer friend both under ricer by the interpretation of how you guys both race. then again, maybe your details are just poorly written.

good ricer style kills.
Uhhh... I don't think a formal race was required... Nor was one available in the traffic we shouldn't have been f'ing around in anyway. That's why I backed off twice. Lining up to someone and taking up both lanes of an expressway for a full-on race in morning traffic ain't my style. Getting on it a couple of times to pull away from some **** is bad enough. When he started swerving and acting an idiot I let it go.

If it had been a C5 I'd have done the same thing, even though the results might have been different, but I still wouldn't have got along side of him and run a side by side race in traffic.

Friday night at the local well-known deserted side roads where look-outs are posted would be a different story.

As for ricer-style driving, I'd expect someone with a "13 second bolt on only Crustang" to know all the skills of the professional ricer. Pusstang owners are the perfect example of jumping the green to try to beat you off the line or flying by you after you stomp their **** so they can tell their buddies all about how their 13 second 225hp Mustang stomped an LT1 Camaro...

What color is the sky in your world?

Paul 'X'