Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

"that" Evo working a built LT1, etc

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 11:35 AM

Re: "that" Evo working a built LT1, etc

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Ok then why talk about them? are 10 second street fbodys impressive of no?
I was talking about the BIG picture. I was pointing out that in the long run the worlds fastest turbo V8 is gonna be faster than the worlds fastest turbo civic. In the end there really is no replacement for displacement. Import guys say a turbo is but a big cid. V8 can have a turbo too.
10 second street cars are impressive but 12 and even high 11 second street cars are'nt that immpresive anymore. I ran low 12's in my N/A daily driver steeda mustang almost 10 years ago. And nowadays. All you need is a 150 shot on a LS1 to run high 11's. So its very easy to have a 11 second car now.
If its easy to do its not that immpressive. But if you can run 11's N/A thats pretty good but nowadays if you have a blower or turbo and are'nt in the 10's you aint nothing special for what you have.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by '88Saleen
I was talking about the BIG picture. I was pointing out that in the long run the worlds fastest turbo V8 is gonna be faster than the worlds fastest turbo civic. In the end there really is no replacement for displacement. Import guys say a turbo is but a big cid. V8 can have a turbo too.
10 second street cars are impressive but 12 and even high 11 second street cars are'nt that immpresive anymore. I ran low 12's in my N/A daily driver steeda mustang almost 10 years ago. And nowadays. All you need is a 150 shot on a LS1 to run high 11's. So its very easy to have a 11 second car now.
If its easy to do its not that immpressive. But if you can run 11's N/A thats pretty good but nowadays if you have a blower or turbo and are'nt in the 10's you aint nothing special for what you have.
Ok but there are faster fbodys than your car, so how is your's impressive that was the question. we can talk about the big pictur ein a minute but right now I just want you to answer the question.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:53 AM

Ok but there are faster fbodys than your car, so how is your's impressive that was the question. we can talk about the big pictur ein a minute but right now I just want you to answer the question.
I never said my car was impressive . When did I say the my car was "immpresive"?But If I had the $$ I could make it as fast as any F body out there. But no matter how much money you have you'll NEVER make a civic to be as fast as the fastest V8's. The big picture is that you can build a turbo V8 to make more power than a turbo 4 or 6cyl.
But I'm definatly not impressed by 12 second civic's
And I'm not that immpressed with 10 second F bodies. Theres alot of 9 and 8 seocond LS1's now and a couple of them in the 7's. So a 10 second LS1 is kind of common now just like 9 second mustangs.

Last edited by '88Saleen; 05-31-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:56 AM

I never said my car was impressive . When did I say the my car was "immpresive"?And the big picture is that you can build a turbo V8 to make more power than a turbo 4 or 6cyl.
But I'm definatly not impressed by 12 second civic's
Ok so you car isnt impressive, then why mention that you were not impressed by the civic, apparently your own car doesnt impress you.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:05 PM

Ok so you car isnt impressive, then why mention that you were not impressed by the civic, apparently your own car doesnt impress you.
.Its fairly easy to go 9's in a 5.0 with a power adder now. There running mid 9's in NMRA real street which only allows small street blowers,stock cam,unported aftermarket heads (there's a list of legal heads) and 5 speeds only
Old 05-31-2005, 12:12 PM

.Its fairly easy to go 9's in a 5.0 with a power adder now. There running mid 9's in NMRA real street which only allows small street blowers,stock cam,unported aftermarket heads (there's a list of legal heads) and 5 speeds only

But there are faster cars, so we have two facts. fact 1 is you are not impressed with your car, fact 2 is there are faster fbodys than your mustang. now that makes me wonder why you are still driving a mustang since obviously a fbody is superior... because its faster
Old 05-31-2005, 12:23 PM

But there are faster cars, so we have two facts. fact 1 is you are not impressed with your car, fact 2 is there are faster fbodys than your mustang. now that makes me wonder why you are still driving a mustang since obviously a fbody is superior... because its faster
Accually I have a 2000 LS1 trans am too!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:24 PM

Accually I have a 2000 LS1 trans am too!!!
does it run 6's like mike moran?
Old 05-31-2005, 12:25 PM

does it run 6's like mike moran?
Not yet!!But It could with some $$ unlike hondas. were's all the 6 sec. hondas? BTW what kind of times is your car running anyway? 8's probally.

Last edited by '88Saleen; 05-31-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:30 PM

Not yet!!But It could with some $$ unlike hondas

but apprantly it cant or else it would be..
Old 05-31-2005, 12:44 PM

but apprantly it cant or else it would be..
I see how your changing my posts. I said that with the $$ I could get a car in the 6's. you changed it to say I would. kind of childish
Old 05-31-2005, 12:48 PM

I see how your changing my posts. I said that with the $$ I could get a car in the 6's. you changed it to say I would. kind of childish

your exact words were

Not yet!!But It could with some $$ unlike hondas. were's all the 6 sec. hondas? BTW what kind of times is your car running anyway? 8's probally.

so this implies that it will run 6's one day.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:59 PM

the not yet was a joke. just like you asking me if it ran 6's.What I ment was that If I had the $$$ it could be done. I did'nt say I was going to do it. Also I dont think Mike Morans has a LS1 in his 6 second car.But with a civic ,even if someone had the cash. they dont have the technology yet to make a FWD civic run 6's. As far as I know the only FWD in the 7's is a scion.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:12 PM

I never said anything about the 2000hp cars running on the street. They run at the track in the pro-strret classes were the big dogs run. At the track the fastest turbo cars are the american V8's. I personaly seen Chuck Samual run 6.29@220 in a single turbo mustang. I dont beleive I saw ANY civic's or Evo's running any quicker or faster.

And about the 775hp kit. I just wanted to let everyone out there know that you need a s*** load of other expensive parts than the $4500 turbo upgrade kit to make those power numbers.
And I pointed out that the blower on my car is capable just as much if not more hp that that turbo unit and for $1200 less. What do you have to say about that?
why even bring up drag cars then? this was a conversation about street cars. i could personally give a damn less about drag cars. im not really impressed by something that can ONLY go in a straight line. so again, show me how these cars are not something impressive.

and my opinion about your Novi, you WAY overpaid. if your blower alone was 1200 less than that kit, and can support the same hp then thats fine. but that turbo kit comes with oil feeds, wastegate, turbo header, intake tubing, filter ect ect ect. you bought an overpriced blower headunit.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 87camracer
why even bring up drag cars then? this was a conversation about street cars. i could personally give a damn less about drag cars. im not really impressed by something that can ONLY go in a straight line. so again, show me how these cars are not something impressive.

and my opinion about your Novi, you WAY overpaid. if your blower alone was 1200 less than that kit, and can support the same hp then thats fine. but that turbo kit comes with oil feeds, wastegate, turbo header, intake tubing, filter ect ect ect. you bought an overpriced blower headunit.
I paid that 6 years ago brand new.Prices may have dropped a little since. It was the whole kit not just the head unit.Everything needed to install just like the $4500 turbo kit.But my whole kit like I said was $1200 less.

Quick Reply: "that" Evo working a built LT1, etc