Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Chalk up 1 more for the good guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 PM

Talking Chalk up 1 more for the good guys!!

Ran my '02 Z28 against a Stealth TT earlier tonight, from around ~60 mph (I think?! ) to maybe ~100? (I wasn't really paying attention to the speedo ) ...

... but yeah, buddy followed me through a bit of traffic 'til we got some open road, and once we got into the open I punched it, but just took off and left him! So I slowed down, let him catch up, to which I got rewarded a "ricer fly-by". Then HE slowed down, we got lined up, I waited 'til he punched it and then I hit it. Took the car NO PROBLEM and within a few short seconds, put a couple cars on him, and it just would have got worse and worse the longer I held it . Let off and celebrated another victory for the F-bodies!!

The new LT's, re-built T56 and 3.90 gears are working awesome!!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:20 AM

Man, the Stealths and 3kGTs both used to be my dream cars when I was growing up, thinking I could never afford an LS1. All I remember from their messageboard was that the only car they respected were the Camaros and Trans-Ams. Feels good to be on this side now.

BTW, did it have the pop ups or the fixed lights? 20 something horsepower difference between the two, with the fixed getting the increased boost.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:00 AM

Good murder
Old 04-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by blackrat
BTW, did it have the pop ups or the fixed lights? 20 something horsepower difference between the two, with the fixed getting the increased boost.
Good question!! To be honest, I'm not quite sure?!! I have a feeling they may have been fixed lights, not a pop-up . I'll ask my buddy who was in the car with me ... maybe he had the time to pay attention while I was doing the driving?!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 PM

Buddy said the car has pop-ups ... he saw it parked near his work today!
Old 04-13-2007, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Buddy said the car has pop-ups ... he saw it parked near his work today!
right outside. i laughed when i saw that it was the one we ran into.

your car is a killer. love it.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by SSlither
Nice kill capn! You need to run that car now.....I bet she screams!
i say 12.6
Old 04-13-2007, 04:04 PM

1st) want a quick dyno pull to compare to last fall's 317 HP / 335 TQ, with 3.23's, lid, Flowmaster cat-back .

2nd) need a program/tune to update for the 3.90's, get rid of the rear O2 codes, and possibly dial in the fuel mapping (if the dyno A/F reading shows that it's necessary)

3rd) track day ASAP!!! I'm really hoping to run a nice 12.xxx .
Old 04-13-2007, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by 97z28/m6
i say 12.6
Originally Posted by Capn Pete

3rd) track day ASAP!!! I'm really hoping to run a nice 12.xxx .
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 AM

Kinda funny, then Camaros and Trans Ams dominated, and everyone had "respect" for them.

Now its back to the belief that Mustangs are way faster, and Rice Burners handle better and can give a V8 F-Body or Stang a run for its money. TF&TF ruined the youth vision of fast cars.

I think the only thing I have ever seen persuade a ricer that F-bodys and stuff are better street race cars was showing my friend the Scandalous DVD, but now he is on his 240SX kick ...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 AM

i have to say though... i really respect the 3000GT VR4 its a very impressive car... TT all wheel drive... v6 and it looks pretty good also only downside is its weight...a buddy of mine has one...and im waiting to get him at the track agianst my LT1
Old 04-18-2007, 04:13 AM

Nice Kill Cap,
So you can feel the improvement of the LT's since the install?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by HardcoreRM125
Now its back to the belief that Mustangs are way faster.....
Says who?!??!?? The only Mustang to ever really give me hell was a Terminator ('03/'04 Cobra).

Originally Posted by Mikie
Nice Kill Cap,
So you can feel the improvement of the LT's since the install?
Thanks man . Yeah, the car is working really well. Between the LT's and the 3.90's I just installed, it pulls hard!!!

I just went and dyno'd the car yesterday at the same place I went last fall ... just one quick pull, and it put 327 HP / 341 TQ, un-corrected . The guy pulled up my last dyno, and it was 327 / 344 un-corrected?!! I think with the SAE correction factor, the last dyno was 317/335.

SO, I'm a little confused by that, BUT the only thing I'm wondering is if the gearing has made a (negative) difference?? I know there's been a lot of talk that low ratios "kill" dyno #'s ... well, I went from 3.23's to 3.90's, added LTs, and dyno'd the SAME!!! Also, the A/F ratio has leaned out noticably, so I really think I need a TUNE!!!!

Considering hitting the track this Saturday, so we'll see what the REAL world #'s are .
Old 04-18-2007, 10:40 AM

Like many cars, in the beginning the 3S cars were more expensive and thus that prevented most of the "children" from owning them. People without "buzz bomb" imports know about other cars and don't go around thinking theirs is the fastest thing ever. Then, as the cars get cheap enough to start appearing in high school parking lots, you end up with more idiot owners.

I've been a member here for quite some time and yet I've never owned an F-body!

It sounds like the Stealth you ran into assumed you were stock, or maybe you had just exhaust mods. It's not understanding what the other guy has that gets 'em into trouble. It's why I make sure my cars look damn near stock at all times, like maybe "he just put some rims on it." It leads to more fun that way
Old 04-18-2007, 10:57 AM

^ ^ John, what kind of work did it take to run a 12.5 w/your Stealth?? That's a nice time!

You're right though ... unless you're just racing for kicks, it's never good to under-estimate your competition. For a moment, I "almost" thought I'd under-estimated that Stealth ... but then I was quickly appeased as I cruised on past him!!!

Last edited by Capn Pete; 04-18-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Chalk up 1 more for the good guys!!