Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Is a C6 all that fast ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 06:04 PM

Re: Is a C6 all that fast ?

Originally Posted by Snorman
I'm not sure what you're even talking about. Ford never planned, or tested, an '02 Cobra. They were gearing up for the '03 in late-'01/early-'02.
S.
Not true, came right out of the pages of MM&FF, please dont ask me which one I have a ton of issues .I will search tonight to see if I can find it. Was also on a SVT site. SVT was making a 2002, it was similar to the 01 but supposedly had a revised engine...and Like I said head to head against the 01 it was getting its butt whipped...Colletti decided to for go 02...I know someone else had to read this....Its all irrelevent now but the truth non the less.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
Not true, came right out of the pages of MM&FF, please dont ask me which one I have a ton of issues .I will search tonight to see if I can find it. Was also on a SVT site. SVT was making a 2002, it was similar to the 01 but supposedly had a revised engine...and Like I said head to head against the 01 it was getting its butt whipped...Colletti decided to for go 02...I know someone else had to read this....Its all irrelevent now but the truth non the less.
are you sure you're not thinking about 99/01? maybe they TESTED the car in 2002. ?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by BirchMan98z
are you sure you're not thinking about 99/01? maybe they TESTED the car in 2002. ?
I know what I read...
Old 09-13-2004, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zeueses 97 RamAir
your an idiot the link wasnt for you i dont waste my time with you you lie and bull**** to much. I suppose you beat lt1 also that have more horsepower than you at the wheels and run 8.7 in the eighth at 81mph but you run low 13s like vettes right. my freinds 2002 gt mustang can barely run 9.0 inthe eighth and he has more bolt ons then you and you beat ls1s walk them at that lol
i still cant stop laughing my *** off with you
You are a f***ing moronic troll along with a few others on this board. I never post bs or lie. Why not prove it? You posted it, back it up or you are a bsing troll. Ask anybody at my track about the LS1 kills. I beat them in the 1/4 mile thanks mostly to the tires. I don't pull them once they get traction, but I beat them to the 1/4 mile mark. I can't help your friend with the GT drives like a one armed monkey.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by '88Saleen
Steve Y, I owned 10 mustangs over the years( I still have a Saleen) and have been subscribing to MM&FF for over 10 years and 5.0 since it came out. but look at my sig. One of the reasons why I bought it a LS1 because on average they run the quater about .5 seconds quicker than a GT when both are stock.A couple of the right bolt ons and they run easy 12's.
Evan Smith ran 12.8 in a stock '98 LS1.He did'nt even come close to that in a '99-04 GT.Same driver LS1 was quicker.
You just have'nt ran into a LS1 with a driver that could drive the car properly.
I know all of this. I have 200 lbs. of weight reduction, DRs, pulleys, cai, intake plenum, and a few other little things. I have yet to be beat by one. I am ready to lose to a stock one if anybody can put me in my place! So far none have been able to do it or were afraid to race me for some stupid reason.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Y
I know all of this. I have 200 lbs. of weight reduction, DRs, pulleys, cai, intake plenum, and a few other little things. I have yet to be beat by one.
And you also have yet to run any better then a 14.0...so you beat a few crappy LS1 drivers...You certainly didnt beat the car...and I wouldnt be talkin about one armed monkey drivers, your no Evan Smith yourself
Old 09-13-2004, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
And you also have yet to run any better then a 14.0...so you beat a few crappy LS1 drivers...You certainly didnt beat the car...and I wouldnt be talkin about one armed monkey drivers, your no Evan Smith yourself
The 14.0 was a few very significant mods ago. How hard is it to race an automatic LS1 car? Yes I did beat the cars. No i'm not Evan Smith but I drive pretty well. I don't have the funds to drive as hard as that guy. This board has been going downhill. All these idiots that haven't a clue about real racing. So many internet racer trolls so little time.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by '88Saleen
Maybe some people may be in denial because they went and bought a Z06 thinking they had something special and now the standard 'vette will be just as fast
Just like some people bought a Mustang with a tacky body kit and thought they had something special....no, wait, the Z06 actually offers a performance improvement over a base Corvette, unlike a Saleen Mustang.

People who have driven both the C6 and a C5 Z06 acknowledge that the Z06 is a more focused performance car (not just in a straight line). Right now, a new C5 Z06 can be purchased for less than a base C6. It is slightly quicker (more hp + lighter + more aggressive gearing = quicker, whether you like it or not), handles better, and stops better. Even Dave Hill, the chief Corvette engineer, has stated that the base C6 does not offer performance on par with a C5 Z06. A few months from now when there's C6s all over the place the C5 Z06 will still be a fairly rare car. The C6 will just be another mid-life crisis-mobile whose drivers will rarely exceed 1/4 throttle. So lets add it up: the C5 Z06 is quicker, cheaper, handles better, stops better, and is more exclusive than the base C6. Plus, the C5 platform has most of the bugs worked out. There is no way I would buy the first model year of any domestic vehicle. I could have purchase either car and I went with an '04 Z06 because I'll take superior performance, lower cost, and reliability over "gotta be the first on the block" any time. There's nothing more tragic than someone who lets thier ego dictate a vehicle purchase decision.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:21 AM

I know all of this. I have 200 lbs. of weight reduction, DRs, pulleys, cai, intake plenum, and a few other little things. I have yet to be beat by one. I am ready to lose to a stock one if anybody can put me in my place! So far none have been able to do it or were afraid to race me for some stupid reason.
Hold on everybody he is a doctor im sorry in the medical field, god help the person you do malpractice I pray for them, I hope drradials dont help you do a heart bypass any quicker or maybe we can put dradials on the ambulances and they might get a quicker take off. I have a few other little things to i beat enzos from 0-60
have 200 lbs. of weight reduction, DRs, pulleys, cai, intake plenum, and a few other little things. I have yet to be beat by one. I am ready to lose
Old 09-14-2004, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by MarkJ
Just like some people bought a Mustang with a tacky body kit and thought they had something special....no, wait, the Z06 actually offers a performance improvement over a base Corvette, unlike a Saleen Mustang.

People who have driven both the C6 and a C5 Z06 acknowledge that the Z06 is a more focused performance car (not just in a straight line). Right now, a new C5 Z06 can be purchased for less than a base C6. It is slightly quicker (more hp + lighter + more aggressive gearing = quicker, whether you like it or not), handles better, and stops better. Even Dave Hill, the chief Corvette engineer, has stated that the base C6 does not offer performance on par with a C5 Z06. A few months from now when there's C6s all over the place the C5 Z06 will still be a fairly rare car. The C6 will just be another mid-life crisis-mobile whose drivers will rarely exceed 1/4 throttle. So lets add it up: the C5 Z06 is quicker, cheaper, handles better, stops better, and is more exclusive than the base C6. Plus, the C5 platform has most of the bugs worked out. There is no way I would buy the first model year of any domestic vehicle. I could have purchase either car and I went with an '04 Z06 because I'll take superior performance, lower cost, and reliability over "gotta be the first on the block" any time. There's nothing more tragic than someone who lets thier ego dictate a vehicle purchase decision.
The only reason the Z06 you mention is cheaper is a used one compared to a new C6. A brand spankin new Z06 goes for $50k.

As for the Saleens you mentioned. The Fox body ones had complete suspension packages and 4 wheel disk brakes (remember regular fox body stang's had 2 wheel disks.)They out performed regular stangs buy alot in the twisties and brake alot better.Saleen did'nt do engine mods before '89 because any mod he would have to do all the EPA certifying and he felt it was'nt worth it till he got the company going. In '89 they had the SSC which was 300 hp and ran high 13's.Then the early nineties ones could be order with blowers rated at 325hp.then from '94-00 you could get the S351 (my mom has a '95) rated at 490hp.Evan Smith bolted a set of slicks on a stock '96 S351 and went 11.3@122.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:01 AM

With the Z51 package, Chevy's website says the performance will match a C5 Z06. I don't doubt it. (.98 skidpad too!! )
Old 09-14-2004, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by MarkJ

Hate to tell you, but your $hit does stink! You think you are better than C5/C6 owners because you have a ZO6! Haha! Dude, my dad could buy one now, but he enjoys his removable top (coupe) and he gets on the gas alot. You shouldnt stereotype C5/C6 owners like that when you dont know all of them. Man you come off real cocky!!!

By the way, any dyno numbers, track times, auto X finishes to show? Just wondering since you wanted the most performance...

Last edited by RealQuick; 09-14-2004 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Zeueses 97 RamAir
Hold on everybody he is a doctor im sorry in the medical field, god help the person you do malpractice I pray for them, I hope drradials dont help you do a heart bypass any quicker or maybe we can put dradials on the ambulances and they might get a quicker take off. I have a few other little things to i beat enzos from 0-60
have 200 lbs. of weight reduction, DRs, pulleys, cai, intake plenum, and a few other little things. I have yet to be beat by one. I am ready to lose
Idiot, I am not a doctor. I have a Bachelor's degree in Pre-med. You are nothing but an ignorant troll. Don't change the subject. Where is the proof of the bone stock ZR1 pulling 382 rwhp? Can't find it cause it doesn't exist.

Last edited by Steve Y; 09-14-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by robvas
The Z06's got what. 12.5's in the magazines? And people ended up running high 11's in them!
Defintely impressive. Some mags have gotten 12.5-12.7 with the C6, so they should be pretty capable too. Like i said, i think the ZO6 will be a few tenths quicker and a few mph faster.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:05 PM

The 14.0 was a few very significant mods ago. How hard is it to race an automatic LS1 car? Yes I did beat the cars. No i'm not Evan Smith but I drive pretty well. I don't have the funds to drive as hard as that guy. This board has been going downhill. All these idiots that haven't a clue about real racing. So many internet racer trolls so little time.
No theres only one real idiot here, hmm let me post in the LS1 section what gears will do for my sohc Mustang (which got locked immediately), wonder why this boards going down hill...If you dont know by now what gears will do for you, you have a problem....W/ pretty much any mustang but a 03 Cobra if you run anything less then 410's it doesnt do a whole lot. Yes even an auto Fbody takes a little practice leaving the tree (has a ton more power and torque then any GT period), heck my first time out in my 97 273 car I ran a 14.9@100 mph...next time out I ran a 14.0/14.1 w/ a K&N...just to bring you back to reality your no competition for a LS1...Like I said in the past stick to the stock or lightly modded 323 and 6spd LT1 cars...seems more in your league

Quick Reply: Is a C6 all that fast ?