Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

C5 guy says he can walk me....Ooookay.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:05 AM

Oh and also,

My car dynoed 307 rwhp stock so with the addition of my SLP lid, loudmouth, Heads and cam I recieved 70 hp.

Thats not too bad.
Also I dont put a lot of stock in dynos because they vary quite a bit.
If anyone of my buds in this thread are curious to my track times just pm me or email me and I will tell you.

The reason I dont disclose too much info is because I have few competitive people in my area who check the boards.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:28 AM

I didn't know you still had the stock intake, exhaust, small cam, etc. Those #s make a lot more sense now. That thing will really fly once you do the supporting mods.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by Mikie
Oh and also,

My car dynoed 307 rwhp stock so with the addition of my SLP lid, loudmouth, Heads and cam I recieved 70 hp.

Thats not too bad.
Also I dont put a lot of stock in dynos because they vary quite a bit.
If anyone of my buds in this thread are curious to my track times just pm me or email me and I will tell you.

The reason I dont disclose too much info is because I have few competitive people in my area who check the boards.
If they know your times what does it matter what the hell your running under the hood? They already know what its capable of right?

As far as the vette guy...sounds like a real winner....probably a used car sales man "This stock vette can take down an Enzo ferrari" "Its a vetter, ya heard yO"

I had a kid do this to me Saturday night in an HX civic with altezza tail lights...."I asked him if he wanted to run my civic" (jokingly because they were doing the "gangsta" cruise and getting on it and letting off) Kid says sure, I only have $500 bucks though. I amost died laughing...an HX 17 sec civic vs my civic..."Oh well if its only $500 than you can race my friend, he slower follow me"

He got pissed and wouldnt follow....an easy $500 for sure...if he had the cash (he never showed it) I was gonna line him up with a buddys 900whp Supra just in case....either way the laughter would be worth the trouble

Some guys are idiots but like some others have said...be careful and go hard....show no mercy
Old 03-08-2004, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by SergioEK9B18C5turbo
If they know your times what does it matter what the hell your running under the hood? They already know what its capable of right?
Hey Serg,
Glad to see you back on the boards.
I just got my setup together and installed less than 3 weeks ago and took it to the track once.

My times have not been disclosed to anyone in my area so they do not know what the car will run.
I plan on racing for cash in my area so I just want to be slim shady on the track times

I plan to only run fast enough to beat the Vette guy and not to run as fast as I can. This way he may want to race again for another $100 or so.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by BirchMan98z
Or he's one of the 'vette guys who just got his car and thinks he's sitting on top of the world-- doesn't realize he could lose just yet. I meet a lot of these types.
Those guys are a dime a dozen.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:13 PM

You are gonna wax this clown ! I raced my old boss in his C-5 from a roll in my LT1 . only for a few gears and was dead even .
" was not a long race or he would have left me eventually " But he talked so much crap to the guys at work . After that breif run , he thought my car was faster then his . " He knew very little " I just let him think that it was , because he kept his mouth shut about his car in my presence . I hate this type , he has no clue what he is driving . The guy he bught the car from probably told him it was the fastest thing on the road today . I once had a sales person try to convince me that a dakota RT would destroy my LT1 , just because he was trying to get me to buy it .
Keep us posted !!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by Mikie

Ohhh and to John.....

Didnt you know... Da LSwan KanNevva Loze caus itz gat Mad Powaz Homie
MaD HP son!!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:53 AM

Wax him Mikie.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:43 PM

Thanks a bunch fellas.

I will let you know.....keep your fingers crossed for me.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:28 PM

I hope that fool does not have any mods and you spank him like he stole something

A few things to watch for though, Theres a few guys that race up here in NJ, one is a low 10 second N20 car 3rd Gen Sleeper. If you look under the hood, you would never find the N20 Lines because he hid everthing "Inside" the intake side. So you cant see it, not a damn thing. I only knew about it cuz I had another friend that did the same thing and he showed me how he did it.....You can litterally look for like 15 to 20 Mintues with a flash light an not see squat and have zero clues that the car had n20. This dude also had stock looking exhaust manifold but they were extrude honed. But when called for, he would hit a 300 Shot on that built 383 motor that had a very tame sounding car. He also had the N20 hidden where the spare tire would go in the hatch. Basically at best it sounded like a 14 to 13 second car and looked like a 14 to 13 second car on the street. But when we saw him run, it was down right FAST....And he would fool a lot of guys like this and take thier money too.

Hopefully this Vette owner is not that smart and deserves a nice serving of Humble pie.

Good Luck.
Claude
Old 03-09-2004, 03:26 PM

Sounds like something I would do...

As others have said, this guy is either really stupid, or trying to be really smart.

You can check the car over and look for obvious things. I think if he was hiding something though, he prolly wouldn't want you to look. Could have the money to hide everything though...

These vette owners can be sneaky though. A few years ago I was out of town at some street races and this guy pulls up in a black '99 HT vette with welds on. You could hear a slight lope from the car through the aftermarket exhaust. He was on a ET street. When he got out of the car, you could see a cage and gauge on the a piller, but that's it. Looked like a mildly modded vette, maybe running in the 11s or so, nothing too special. He gets out and comes over to a friend of mine who had is 8 sec mustang out and askes if he wants to run for 3k. Buddy laughs it off and then realizes the guys serious. My buddy said if he could find a stretch of concrete around that he would run him. They sat and negotiated for a while and were unable to come to any agreement of where to run.

We found out the next week that the car runs mid 9s on motor and had a 250shot on top of that

Be careful and good luck!

Jon
Old 03-11-2004, 08:51 AM

Ok,
This thing is getting ready to go down this evening guys.

I will post back late tonight.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:52 AM

vid? please please please please please....
Old 03-11-2004, 10:40 AM

Old 03-11-2004, 07:26 PM

gl Mikie

Quick Reply: C5 guy says he can walk me....Ooookay.