CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Track Kill Stories (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/)
-   -   C5 guy says he can walk me....Ooookay. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/track-kill-stories-15/c5-guy-says-he-can-walk-me-ooookay-233947/)

Mikie 03-07-2004 02:07 PM

C5 guy says he can walk me....Ooookay.

Guys,
Ive not kicked it off with the C5 yet , but its about to go down ...(I am fully aware that this thread does not have a kill...yet)

I ran into this guy the other night while I was pumping gas and he revved his stock C5 2000 model Vette at me. I kinda smiled wide as he pulled into a parking space at the quickie mart.:)

He looked like a business man with his tie and suit. He went in to get something and as he came out he kept looking at me. I just minded my own and pumped the gas.
He slipped into his ride and backed out right next to me and boldly said..." I saw you laugh when I revved at you...you think you can run with this?" as he pointed inside his car.

I asked him if he had mods and he said No I own a Vette...dont need go fast parts, It comes from the factory fast.

Next the idiot asks if mine was a Firebird or Trans Am. I wanted to say both , but was nice and told him TA. He told me that he wanted to race me for $1000 and pulled out a load of cash.
I said sure, but I could only race for $600 and I would want to take a quick peek under his hood. He said no problem and was wanting to race then ...on the street. I told him that he would have to meet me at My Track on Thursday night and we could run best two out of three.
He gave me his name and cell number and started acting nicer as the conversation went on, but knows very little about drag racing.

Im gonna kick it off with this guy Thursday night for $600 and hopefully I can pull it out. He will be on street tires and me on my drag radials so what do you guys think the outcome will be?

I dont disclose my exact times on the board , but can tell you its sub 12 seconds as some have already figured out.

His vette is bone stock without even any exhaust modifications.

Update Friday morning.

Mike

Kain 03-07-2004 02:11 PM

Either he's going to show up with a different Vette, or he's going to spray the **** out of you.

FastZinTennessee 03-07-2004 02:26 PM

Hey Mike, get it on video I wanna see you shut this guy down!

Mikie 03-07-2004 03:07 PM

God I hope so John.
My wife is mad at me for putting up the old tax refund...lol

Also Im gonna have my technician with me and he is gonna crawl all over his car to make sure no spray or sneaky business is going on.

I will definately get it on video.

:p

Big Red Jim 03-07-2004 03:52 PM

Sure sounds like a hustle to me if I've ever heard one. He's hiding something; no one's that stupid.

BirchMan98z 03-07-2004 04:37 PM

Or he's one of the 'vette guys who just got his car and thinks he's sitting on top of the world-- doesn't realize he could lose just yet. I meet a lot of these types.

CamaroGuy22 03-07-2004 04:41 PM

Keep us posted

BirchMan98z 03-07-2004 04:43 PM

I had a guy do that to me once... Race for $500, blah blah blah... shows up in a completely different car, etc. "You made the commitment, buddy, now you gotta run." I pretended to look upset then said okay. He couldn't wait to win his money.... So I came back and found him about 10 minutes later---- on my CBR900RR. Had my buddy follow me up on my bike--- just in case. LOL He was mad, but I told him " how come you can change the deal and get that sh*t eating grin all over your face, but when I do the same to you, you want to back out. You made the commitment buddy, you gotta run." Fun times... some people take this stuff way too seriously.

kcamaro6 03-07-2004 05:26 PM

Unless he's hiding something have fun taking his money.:D

BirchMan98z 03-07-2004 05:56 PM

I doubt he's hiding anything.... Lots of 'vette guys are naive.

Steve Y 03-07-2004 07:01 PM

Mike, why are you only making 377 rwhp with heads, bolt ons etc? Some bolt on only cars are making nearly that. Heads, cam, bolt on cars are up to 445 rwhp aren't they?

Mike 92LX 03-07-2004 09:15 PM

What a bozo.
I say he does't show.

FastZinTennessee 03-07-2004 09:57 PM

Originally posted by Steve Y
Mike, why are you only making 377 rwhp with heads, bolt ons etc? Some bolt on only cars are making nearly that. Heads, cam, bolt on cars are up to 445 rwhp aren't they?
Yea fool, bolt on LS1=425rwhp, cam+bolt ons=500rwhp, cam+heads+bolt ons=mad HP suckA!!! Stock=375rwhp, thought you knew!!!

<zips up flamesuit> :eek:

jthomas 03-08-2004 06:32 AM

he is either gonna spray you, not show, or loose. :)

Mikie 03-08-2004 10:00 AM

Hey Steve,

Good question there.
The reason is plain and simple and why I chose the route I did.
I wanted my car to be a sleeper so the cam shaft thats in my car is almost undetectable as far as thump. We thought it best (for now) to keep my stock intake, exhaust manifolds and cats.
As you know this is the biggest restriction in the car as far as horse power goes.
Even with the stock manifolds on the car it still put down 400 lb ft of tq. Now with headers I can expect to increase to around 400 rwhp or a shade over and 420 lb ft of tq.

My suspension work comes into play along with my Drag radials to get my times I told you about.....shhhhh:p

The guys getting killer hp gains out of these cars are doing LT headers and a huge azz cam with streetability compramised.

Ohhh and to John.....

Didnt you know... Da LSwan KanNevva Loze caus itz gat Mad Powaz Homie:D