Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Audi and a 350 z..

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 02:13 AM

Audi and a 350 z..

Hey guys this is my first race stories, this saturday on my way upstate i came up to some slick haired lookin pretty boy in a debaged audi. i saw him fly by me about 2miles b4 so i came up to him to see if he wanted to go. and he did lol he jumped on it and flew, so im thinkin is this an S4? bc ive never seen an a4 or a6 do taht .. neways i jump on it also and catch up to his back and we are easily over 100 mph im right behind him and i look down to see where my rpms were at and i was at 5 grand in 4th gear ( auto 4 tranny) my speedo wus dumped.. (lol taht would be insane but i wasnt really doing over 150 my speedo was never calibrated for the 4.11 gears in teh back) so i wus like wow this isnt cool, ive maxed out my car and im just about to beat this pretty boy... then he slams on his brakes and it wus over, i tried comin up to his side at like 60ish just to ask wha audi it was becuase it was a good race.( only because of my gears, 4.11 aint no highway gears) but everytime i came up to him he would gun it, so i just said forget it.
Does anyone know the top speed a A4 tranny can do with 4.11's? it def felt like 130ish at 5 grand in 4th. i cant tell tho, :angry: . and does anyone know what the top speed of an A4 tranny wit 3.42's is and 3.73's becuase i definetely want to change these becuase i dont go to the track really, and they serve me no purpose right now, i want more of a high speed but also a lil punch off the line ( not 2.73's)

Today sunday, i was coming home from upstate, and me and my cousin who owns a 94 formy are riding side by side and i look behind him and a new nissan 350z is riding his *** so i gun it and the 350 z follows suit. i slow it down to see if he really wants to go and im at about 65-70 i see from behind me he is gettin on it so i do the same , lol he didnt even get the chance to pass me and he was only about 5 car lengths behind me at a 65-70 roll. lets just say i thought those things were alot faster , i took him all the way to about 120 and he stopped i wont by about 2 or 3 car lengths , he came up again and same outcome lol. he tried 2 more times, but i didnt even bite becuase i knew he wasnt worth it anymore.
Over all was good, but enlightened me taht i have crap overall high speed because of the tranny and the gears.