Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Another PB and a few noteworthy kills.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 AM

Another PB and a few noteworthy kills.

Pleased with my progress at the track last night. DA was about the same as last time. 2800. Ran a 12.9@106 on a 1.83 60' time. Best mph was 107.

Noteworthy kills:
2002 Z28 M6 w/ lid and catback.
Mazda RX7 with bolt ons and such
2004 Kenne Bell GT @ 9psi with full suspension, drs and bolt ons.
2010 Camaro SS

Before anyone calls BS this is not a fast track and we had a HUGE head wind all night. Stock LS1s were running low 14s here. Stock 4.6 GTs were running mid to upper 14s last night.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:32 PM

Smile Re: Another PB and a few noteworthy kills.

*crickets*

Got my 52mm TB in on Thursday. Time to bolt it on and see if helps at all. I'll make at least 1 mote trip to the track before I finally get my dyno tune.

Anyone else with any good kills or personal best times? Let's get this section going. It's the middle of summer, the kills should be piling up!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:42 PM

Re: Another PB and a few noteworthy kills.

Another PB in ever worse DA

Ran a 12.6 @ 108 in 3400 DA

Still awaiting a tune, still no cutout or EWP.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:40 PM

That's cool to hear and great work! The faster you go the harder it is to win. At least that seems to be the case for me.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 PM

Dyno tune coming up this week. Expecting big things! Plus, I'm debating on locking my converter at WOT. It's a 10.5" Billet performabuilt warrantied for almost 2 more years for over 1000hp. If I get it programmed to lock up in 2nd and 3rd at WOT I could pick up 25ish rwhp and hopefully that much more just from the tune. Give me some cool air and I smell 11's.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Yes and if you lock it and leave it locked during shifts you will likely break **** ranging from trans case and internals to driveshaft and rear end , Just word of advice!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Performabuilt
Yes and if you lock it and leave it locked during shifts you will likely break **** ranging from trans case and internals to driveshaft and rear end , Just word of advice!
As long as it unlocks while shifting, will it be ok to lock it on the track? I had originally thought about only locking it in 3rd because I'm in 3rd gear for the majority of my 1/4 mile time.

EDIT: Your Level 2 4L60e and 3200 billet converter have been AWESOME!

Last edited by bkpliskin; 07-22-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:10 PM

Can you do a manual switch -- something you can do during the run? I did it on my brother's Supra with good results.

You can make it a standard switch or a momentary push button so it's locked only while you hold it. That way you're sure to avoid having it locked during a shift.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by John M
Can you do a manual switch -- something you can do during the run? I did it on my brother's Supra with good results.

You can make it a standard switch or a momentary push button so it's locked only while you hold it. That way you're sure to avoid having it locked during a shift.
He said he could program it to lock up in 3rd if I wanted to. I like the button idea. Maybe I'll have a friend of my custom fab me a push buttom for it that I can mount on the steering wheel. I definitely don't need it to lock up in 1st for obvious reasons but 2nd and 3rd gear lockup would send my car into orbit. I've already been able to rip off a 12.6 in almost 3500 DA with a 1.72 short time. 11's on a cool night are within my grasp if everything goes well tomorrow morning. I'll definitely pick up quite a bit of RWHP by locking up though. I could potentially get an additional 50-60rwhp between the dyno tune and locking the converter which would be AMAZING! I'll post my results tomorrow when I get back from the shop. I'm not expecting HUGE numbers considering I still won't be revving my 306 cam all the way up. I've got it set to shift around 6200 right now and I'm thinking about going to 6500 or 6600 depending on what the dyno tells us. And with my heads being stock with stock valves and just a little work to them, I'm not going to set the world on fire. But I expect after all is said and done I should easily be able to trap 112ish in the 3000-3500 DA that I race in.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:25 AM

Also, why did you sell your sweet Subaru???
Old 07-24-2011, 02:27 PM

You'll probably reap big ET benefits because of the increased area under the curve, not to mention the max power figures.

For the Subaru, the new setup spun a bearing after about 4k miles. I was still working on the tune, with no knock observed and conservative timing. It ran door to door with cars trapping in the 117 mph neighborhood. The shop in Raleigh that built it offered to fix it for free if it wasn't anything I did but I couldn't afford to get it there and then the risk of having to pay if it wasn't a hardware issue.

The guy I sold the car to reported that it was a spun bearing and it appeared to be due to a defective bearing since I didn't run low on oil or anything else obvious. The builders said they would have covered the whole repair but of course hindsight is 20/20. I'm self-employed and this economy isn't helping things right now. When I built the car I had a steady paycheck.

My next car will probably be a 300C SRT8 but for the foreseeable future I won't be buying anything. The Lexus in my sig cost $800 so that's a lot more in my budget range right now
Old 07-26-2011, 08:15 AM

Got the dyno tune. Bryans base tune was very close. We weren't able to measure my peak torque, all my graphs started at 4500. I did gain up to 12rwhp from 5k to 6500 though. The car was shifting at about 6100 and now we've got it up to about 6500. I'll try to get the graph up when I get back from Michigan. The car made about 350rwhp through the muffler. Mods are most bolt ons, CC306 cam, stock heads with a nice valve job and 110k on the bottom end through an auto tranny. My buddy with a 96 auto vette made 285rwhp with intake, TB, rr's, small cam, lightweight rims and aftermarket mufflers. So after seeing that number I was happy with mine. I'm ordering a cutout at the end of this week and then I'm going to go with a 75rwhp shot as soon as I get the money.

Just thought I'd share my results. The rpm raise should have a pretty good impact on my times.