Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Another LT1 vs. LS1 story

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:56 PM

Another LT1 vs. LS1 story

Long story short, I raced this guy on a private property 2-lane last summer with nothing but bolt ons and a stock drivetrain. His setup was an LS1 with an air lid, 3.73 gear, and a magnaflow muffler. I had a holley TB, shorty headers, MSD 6al, Hooker catback, 1.6rr, and a PCM for Less tune. I beat him by a car length at about 1/8 mile. He never shut up and told everyone I jumped him and his car was "slow to get up and go" since it had a gear but a stock stall converter. He'd been ragging me all winter, so we went agian at the track. I now have an eagle forged rotating assembly, 355 LE1 heads, TH350 trans w/ a 3000 stall. He still has a stock LS1 but maintains that a stock LS car can take a 383 stroker lt1 because they are an inferior built engine. He lost by about 6 car lengths, and was still loosing ground when we crossed the line.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:22 PM

Re: Another LT1 vs. LS1 story

Originally Posted by Evil Eric
Long story short, I raced this guy on a private property 2-lane last summer with nothing but bolt ons and a stock drivetrain. His setup was an LS1 with an air lid, 3.73 gear, and a magnaflow muffler. I had a holley TB, shorty headers, MSD 6al, Hooker catback, 1.6rr, and a PCM for Less tune. I beat him by a car length at about 1/8 mile. He never shut up and told everyone I jumped him and his car was "slow to get up and go" since it had a gear but a stock stall converter. He'd been ragging me all winter, so we went agian at the track. I now have an eagle forged rotating assembly, 355 LE1 heads, TH350 trans w/ a 3000 stall. He still has a stock LS1 but maintains that a stock LS car can take a 383 stroker lt1 because they are an inferior built engine. He lost by about 6 car lengths, and was still loosing ground when we crossed the line.
Actions speak louder than words. Good kill
Old 06-06-2006, 06:30 PM

Long story short id like to know where my holley throttle body is i sent payment for (probably the same one you mentioned in the above post) almost three weeks ago?? Youve stopped accepting PMs & emails and ive had absolutely no contact from you. Ive also had another member contact me and tell me they bought the same throttle body from you and recieved nothing. Let me know whats going on

Dan
Old 06-06-2006, 08:47 PM

Ooooo looks like somebody got caught!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by ddr698
Long story short id like to know where my holley throttle body is i sent payment for (probably the same one you mentioned in the above post) almost three weeks ago?? Youve stopped accepting PMs & emails and ive had absolutely no contact from you. Ive also had another member contact me and tell me they bought the same throttle body from you and recieved nothing. Let me know whats going on

Dan
ROFLMAO!

Busted!

Maybe now that he won his race he can ship the part to you.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:23 AM

This is getting rough in a hurry. Don't go to PM's I want to see this one.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:00 AM

Kind of hard to go to PMs when he has shut them off. He has also disabled emails through this site.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:14 PM

lol I guess his name "evil eric" is appropriate....
Old 06-07-2006, 11:28 PM

Kind of sucks to be him right now though since at least the 5 of us have seen this post. Cause I know I will pass the word on if he sells more items ... Let everyone know when you get a bad seller ...

I never had a problem on here, and I would love to keep it that way.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by ddr698
Let me know whats going on

Dan
You'll get what you payed for shortly, It was shipped US Priority Mail last Friday from the Pineville KY (40977) post office. The 'other guy' said he might buy it, diddnt talk to me for almost 2 weeks and then decided he wanted it after I had already reiceved your payment. Turning my communication off was to stop recieving 'have you sold this yet' and 'will you come down in price' pm from people that werent serious. (I seriously thought that I had pm'd you my private email address so i would not have to check this site for messages everyday) Sorry for the delay, I do have a personal life with everyday problems but I promise you that it was shipped, and I believe you can confirm this by contacting the above post office with your address because it will be in the priority mail system.

Thanks to all the people that were quick to jump to the conclusion that im a cheat, and because of the way this turned out and the fact that ddr698 diddnt get his TB promptly I dont plan on selling anything else on here, or any other forum.

Stock LS1's are weak.

Last edited by Evil Eric; 06-08-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:10 PM

And to the the guy that sent me money for the throttle body after I had already sold it to the first guy, youll be getting a full refund in the form of a money order addressed to you.

Mods please move to the feedback section if needed. I dont need my reputation ruined on here.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 PM

This is a prime example why seller should communicate with a buyer as frequently as necessary to ease the mind of the buyer, after all, in most cases, seller has the money which buyer trusted and sent and they are anxiously waiting for some sort of assurance from the buyer.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:36 PM

I didnt jump to conclusions ... But I know I dont want to see someone get burned on here. Did what I say make you want to post right away to clear things up? If it did, then it did what it was supposed to ... Except it works out the best way possible because you actually did ship the item and aren't full of excuses. Im not ruining anyones rep. yet. No one did anything to harm your rep yet.

Really though, to the buyer, once you recieve, you should post on here that you got it so that anyone that read this thread can see he did in fact send it ... Not doing so is screwing him big time.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:23 PM

I think the other user that is getting his money back goes by 'toby' on here, if anyone knows him / wants to make him aware of this thread. I already informed him of the info above about a week ago though.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Evil Eric
Stock LS1's are weak.
Whats that make a stock LT1? Garbage?

Quick Reply: Another LT1 vs. LS1 story